Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2014 It Begins......Official Announcement
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Agreed, well said.

My only wish is that it was just the three headliners playing. No offence to any Toronto locals but 3 headlining DJs over 10 hours is much better imo.

These events originally began as a local showcase only (cherry beach) hence the idea to have that continue from promoters. Also very few people actually show up when the doors open, by the time the first headliner rolls on the place is only a quarter full, if that. I don't think it's nice to have a headliner playing to an empty area in the first few hours.

Last edited by geroin on Apr-09-2014 at 18:28

Old Post Apr-09-2014 18:21  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Yes but 3 is excessive, non? That's 3 whole hours, assuming they play one hour sets. Again, one or maybe two is enough imo. Even just have ONE opener and give that person a longer slot.

Old Post Apr-09-2014 18:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mindspin1
Supreme tranceaddict

This thread needs more complaining about great events. Keep them coming guys

Old Post Apr-09-2014 18:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mindspin1 Click here to Send mindspin1 a Private Message Add mindspin1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Not complaining at all. Please don't lump me in with whiners like Noobie Q. I really don't think it's unreasonable feedback.

At any rate. Sure is gonna be a goddamn epic summer opener. I already booked off the Canada Day date too - last summer I wasn't able to attend the first two parties cause of work. Not happening this year!

Old Post Apr-09-2014 18:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CODE
Supreme tranceaddict

I can Confirm a few things that will make everyone happy here.

The locals play 1 hour each at the start to get the ball rolling.
Local support is a very important part of our concept and keeping
people involved from our community is a must.

SVEN IS PLAYING AN EXTENDED SUNSET SET

Minimum 3.5 hours Maybe longer.....:P

Old Post Apr-09-2014 18:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CODE Click here to Send CODE a Private Message Visit CODE's homepage! Add CODE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Yes but 3 is excessive, non? That's 3 whole hours, assuming they play one hour sets. Again, one or maybe two is enough imo. Even just have ONE opener and give that person a longer slot.

Being at the last 4 events I can tell you that by 4 pm people are only beginning to wake up after being out all weekend, place is only slightly full and people are chilling on the grass, eating, throwing frisbees around, relaxing etc. It's not the time to have a headliner come on and blast tunes. At the same time it allows to have a bunch of locals that shape our scene play music before a big headliner comes on. I think overall everyone is happy with this formula.

PS. I enjoy showing up earlier since I can get parking, get on the ferry quick without any hassle, have some beers/food and chill on the sun.

Last edited by geroin on Apr-09-2014 at 18:51

Old Post Apr-09-2014 18:46  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Makes sense. Fair enough.

Old Post Apr-09-2014 18:50 
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by geroin

PS. I enjoy showing up earlier since I can get parking, get on the ferry quick without any hassle, have some beers/food and chill on the sun.

Ew, parking. It's all about tipsy TTC rides.

Old Post Apr-09-2014 19:21 
kotsy

3.5 hours minimum?? That's excellent! Between the island and stereo, I certainly may OD on German techno!

I hope there's nothing great happening Sunday night lol

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Last edited by kotsy on Apr-09-2014 at 19:38

Old Post Apr-09-2014 19:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
an_an
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by CODE

Purfecttt!

Old Post Apr-09-2014 19:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for an_an Click here to Send an_an a Private Message Add an_an to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:

100% agree this should be the case, it's only a community and something that is locally ours or curated by locals if we include the locals. Gives them exposure and let's them be a part of something special.

quote:

Old Post Apr-09-2014 20:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Who's bringin EEEE's maaa'an

Old Post Apr-09-2014 20:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2014 It Begins......Official Announcement
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback******2002 ID from Tiesto****** [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGareth Emery & Mark Dedross Present Wirefly - "The Verdict" [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread