Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.11.22. Steve Porter @ Rum Runners (London)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

2008.11.22. Steve Porter @ Rum Runners (London)

Saturday November 22nd, 2008

N.E.C. productions in association with S.O.S. and Evolution Productions Present HIGH JACKED.

Come celebrate a mixture of kick you in the face beats and a sexy vibe on the best sound system London has to offer. Dont worry about last call because were going late as usual with top local and international DJ's

Performances By:

STEVE PORTER (NYC)
http://www.djsteveporter.com
http://www.phrecordings.com
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=198337

Gilles Bernard (N.E.C.)

vs.

Greg Benz (N.E.C., Aurium, http://www.Gregbenz.com)

Gracjan (N.E.C., London Loud, http://www.djgracjan.com)

Justin Chung (Barking Frog, Martini Bar)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31489136259

STEVE PORTER BIO
The next generation of electronic music producers is gaining hold and leading the charge is DJ/production phenom STEVE PORTER. His prolific productions have garnered international attention and are propelling him into Americas future DJ-cum-producer star. Steve Porter is just released his first-ever mix compilation PORTERHOUSE with 26 tracks melded together on 1xCD in his signature genre-defying, pulsating, energetic Porterhouse style. The album merges his DJing and production style with 9 of his own original tracks, further blurring the distinction between DJ and producer into one compelling artist to watch.

Once in a blue moon there comes along a prodigy that is noticed by the big guns and whose talent catapults them onto the world stage. Something of a child prodigy from a famous scientist father, Steves first love was discovering electronic sounds at 16 years old. From Boston to New York, Steve Porter has evolved from record store clerk, mobile DJ to New England rave DJ to landing on the roster at one of the most prestigious booking agencies in the world. Steve Porter was discovered by Chris Fortier when Chris heard a CDR of his productions in 1999. Chris quickly brought him into the FADE Records fold. Soon thereafter, Steve was signed as the youngest member to join The Collective Agency; home to Sasha, U.N.K.L.E., and Lee Burridge. He began touring across the U.S., Canada, South America, Australia, Asia and Europe and has played alongside Sasha on the Airdrawndagger & Involver North American tours, Sander Kleinenberg on the Essential Mix Tour and also headlining a hectic schedule of national and international DJ dates.

Over the last six years, Steve has amassed a wide portfolio of over 70 singles and 28 remixes under his name and the many aliases (Agent 001, HDF & Bons) used to suit the mood of the song. His myriad of tracks have been dominating dancefloors globally with the versatility of Porterhouse finding its way into the record boxes of everyone from Sasha, Lee Burridge, Derrick Carter, Carl Cox, Sander Kleinenberg, Mark Farina and Paul van Dyk. Steves debut artist album Homegrown released in 2005 on Fade Records is an amalgam of his various unique styles and melodic nuances. The expertly mixed album brings together 14 original tracks. Some of which have already garnered wide attention with inclusion of the tracks on numerous high-profile dance music labels & compilations including; "Vodka Cranberries" on hot new label Nu Republic, "Definite Form" on Sander Kleinenbergs Little Mountain Records and included on his recent Everybody CD for Renaissance, and most recently, the track Swanky has been included on �ool Felix da Housecats upcoming Playboy: The Mansion compilation.

The essence of Porterhouse brings the energetic action to the dancefloor where the warm, funky basslines and cool percussion melt away any chin stroking pretensions and the resonating guitar & piano hooks lure you into an eternal groove. Make no mistake, Porterhouse is party house. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=198337

Rum Runners Main Room
178 Dundas st.
Doors open: 9:30pm-5am
19+ Proper ID required
Cover: $10 advance, more at door
More Info TBA

Don't forget to join our group to be the first to hear about other events like this: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12970274747

FB Event

Last edited by jchung52 on Nov-19-2008 at 21:33

Old Post Oct-07-2008 04:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intangible
*FACEPALM*

Damnit! I need to move!!

Old Post Oct-07-2008 13:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Intangible Click here to Send Intangible a Private Message Visit Intangible's homepage! Add Intangible to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Gracjan
Dance To My Beat

I can't wait to see the full lineup

Old Post Oct-07-2008 20:01  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Gracjan Click here to Send Dj Gracjan a Private Message Add Dj Gracjan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigiNut
You kids get off my lawn!

And Rum Runners is where exactly? Are you talking about the cake factory in Halifax?

2012-11-32 - DJ Insufferable ɸ Or At Least the Stalkers I Complain About
2048-06-66 - Spastic & Whocares Although I'm Actually Flattered
9999-45-81 - Tweaker Gimp I Probably Won't Even Go To This But I Have To Make Sure I Fill Up All The Available Space Here

Old Post Oct-07-2008 22:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigiNut Click here to Send DigiNut a Private Message Add DigiNut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
matty
08/09 National Beach Cham

oh wow, i won't be missing this. might be my first run runners experience

Old Post Oct-07-2008 23:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for matty Click here to Send matty a Private Message Visit matty's homepage! Add matty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Gracjan
Dance To My Beat

quote:
Originally posted by matty

should have been there this past weekend for Max Graham, Freaky Flow & Geezer

Old Post Oct-08-2008 00:11  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Gracjan Click here to Send Dj Gracjan a Private Message Add Dj Gracjan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:
Originally posted by matty

lol maybe i should celebrate my bday that weekend in London

Old Post Oct-10-2008 02:20  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
matty
08/09 National Beach Cham

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL

lol maybe i should celebrate my bday that weekend in London

buddy, lets do it up

Old Post Oct-10-2008 05:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for matty Click here to Send matty a Private Message Visit matty's homepage! Add matty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Gracjan
Dance To My Beat

FACEBOOK LINK ADDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?re...38148943&ref=nf

Old Post Oct-12-2008 15:46  Poland
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

and updated... oh shit im playing.

Old Post Oct-12-2008 18:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Gracjan
Dance To My Beat

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
and updated... oh shit im playing.

were u not aware of this?

Old Post Oct-13-2008 16:42  Poland
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Gracjan
were u not aware of this?

lol...

and damn... $10... amazing deal

and..

anyone have some recent sets?

Last edited by jchung52 on Nov-04-2008 at 02:54

Old Post Nov-02-2008 09:00  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2008.11.22. Steve Porter @ Rum Runners (London)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackfrom an older underground album by dj liquid [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEverything But The Girl Vs. Soul Vision - "Tracey In My Room" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread