Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Euphoria's Interview Thread (Updates: Funkerman, Daniel Wanrooy, Redroche, Kyau & Albert)
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
euphoria

Cool Euphoria's Interview Thread (Updates: Funkerman, Daniel Wanrooy, Redroche, Kyau & Albert)

NEWEST INTERVIEWS WILL ALWAYS BE ON THE LAST PAGE!!

http://www.365mag.com/index.php?pg=...+Music+Magazine

365Mag recently caught up with DJ Tiesto on Friday September 25th in New York just prior to day two of his three day performance at Hammerstein Ballroom for the kick off for the Kaleidoscope World Tour to promote his latest album.

The Kaleidoscope album is set for official release on October 6th, 2009 on Ultra Records, and it contains seventeen original Tiesto tracks featuring a number of collaborations with artists of various styles and genres including Calvin Harris, Sara & Tegan, Cary Brothers, Nelly Furtado, and more.

He speaks of a new direction for his music and his reasoning behind it, as well as some of his goals for the future. Is the world ready for the new Tiesto and his diverse selections. Let's find out...

How are you doing today
Good, thanks.

How did your gig at Hammerstein go last night?
It was good, it was the opening of the World Tour.

Are you excited for tonight?
Yeah, tonight is going to be even better I think.

I hope so, I am going to be there.
Oh yeah? Nice.

Is this the career you envisioned for yourself when you were younger?
No, I dreamt about it, but I never expected to become so big all over the world.

What did you initially want to do?
I just wanted to work in the music business, no matter what. Like be a tour manager or work for a record company. I love music.

How do you feel about the current styles of Trance music that are being released?
I got a little bored of it to be honest. I think this summer has been a big change for me, in a way that I am not scared anymore to play anything else. I adjust from every style at the moment. I play a couple of House records, Techno, and some Trance records still, Pop mixes and Indie. I'm all over the place at the moment.

What style of music do you particularly favor at the moment?
I like a lot of House records, but it's more of an eclectic thing I think. A bit of everything. I can play a Calvin Harris record, The Editors, a House record, a big Trance track from Marcel Woods.

Is that the same reason you are trying to do something different with the album now?
That's how it started, with the album I started to notice artists and they were so creative and so open minded to everything. I felt like I should look into other artist too, and I love Trance music but I just felt like it all sounds the same. It gets boring after a while.

I can agree with that...
When you take time out from being a DJ, which DJ's do you respect and tune into?

I get along with a lot of DJ's. I like the House DJ's a lot. The Swedish House Mafia is one of my favorites. I love those guys, and I bumped into them a couple of times. They are always friendly and down to Earth. David Guetta is good guy too, I like him a lot.

With the latest advancements in technology many DJ's have turned away from hardware and are using laptops. Have you ever tried this and do you anticipate you will ever convert to using this technology?
Well I do on a production level. I am very into Abelton at the moment. As a DJ I think in the future you can't avoid it but for now I still love my CD's. I feel almost like it's vinyl a little bit. I'm old skool when it comes to DJing. I like to mix, not with a laptop.

In the past, you played a solo gig at Mansion where you performed from opening to closing. Is there any chance the U.S. may see another of these marathon sets?
I'll do marathons in New York, I mean five hours every night is pretty big nowadays.

We want more Tiesto!!
Haha, even more?

Yes, EVEN MORE!
Well, I have to give the opening DJ a chance as well. The Hammerstein Ballroom is pretty much solo. I mean, they open up at ten or nine and I go on at eleven.

Ok, I am glad to hear that.
I'm on from 11-4 and tomorrow from 10-3.

Of all of the places you could have began your Kaleidoscope tour, why did you select New York?
Well I wanted to start in America because the last time I started my tour in Europe. I switched it up. I love America. I love to play here; I love to be here. New York is a great city to open the show. Everybody is here, it's a very international city. Exposure wise it's amazing.

In what ways has your life changed since you became married?
I never got married.

Really, I thought you were married?
No.

So, Tiesto is still single?
Yeah, I've gone back to being single. I was supposed to get married and everything got canceled.

Ok, I will leave that one alone then...
Cut! (jokingly signals cut hand gesture) haha

Have you ever considered releasing any 2009/2010 renditions of any of your classics?
Yeah, I am thinking about it. May be next year. Black Hole Recordings wants to release an album with all the big tunes from Tiesto on there and I might sneak in a couple of remixes of some oldies.

Will Magikal Circus ever be released?
I hope so.

A lot of people are waiting on that one, it's a good track.
It's released on the DVD but it's never been released as a single. I think it's time to write to Black Hole Recordings and tell them to release it.

I think that's a good idea.

Are you currently working on any collaboration with other artists or vocalists?
Yeah, at the moment I feel like the whole production thing is so innovative at the moment. My new work style; I am continuously working on new projects. You are pretty much up to date so you know all about the Three 6 Mafia track, and Dizzee Rascal. I'm actually working on a Muse remix. I got some others...

You got some tricks up your sleeve?
Yeah, I've got plenty of stuff.

Can you mention any upcoming artists that you may have scheduled for the fifteen minutes of fame on your radio show Club Life?
No, we do it by week. Every week we decide. Everybody is welcome to send in fifteen minutes. We already have a bunch of big name producers on it but I'd like to have somebody from a bedroom in New York or Paris.

Where would someone send that in?
On Tiesto.com you can find the info.

I'll send you one, how about that?
I'd like that. Do you have one with you now?

No, I don't have one with me at the moment.
Send it to Ben, he is my assistant. He selects the fifteen minutes of fame.

What are some of your goals for the rest of this year?
Surviving!

Thats a good one.
Well my goals are to promote the album and to get people excited about it. It's a very controversial album. I think it's a whole new Tiesto out there, and everybody is shocked. A lot of people like it, a lot of people don't. It's nice to see how it develops, but I think at the end it's going to be all positive. People have to get used to it. I think it's a good thing.

Well, that pretty much wraps it up. Thank you.

365Mag would like to thank DJ Tiesto for his time and answers!

Live Video: (please excuse the wind, we were on the patio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flzv176FdSU

Last edited by euphoria on Apr-30-2012 at 15:10

Old Post Oct-09-2009 13:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

Re: My Interview with DJ Tiesto

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria

Will Magikal Circus ever be released?
I hope so.

A lot of people are waiting on that one, it's a good track.
It's released on the DVD but it's never been released as a single. I think it's time to write to Black Hole Recordings and tell them to release it.

I think that's a good idea.

thats a GREAT idea

solid interview

Old Post Oct-09-2009 13:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jmauro
Supreme tranceaddict

Here you go Z. Once again, congrats on landing this interview!

Old Post Oct-09-2009 13:53  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for jmauro Click here to Send jmauro a Private Message Add jmauro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Konijn
Subverting Paradigms

yay on magikal circus
nay on the lack of another solo gig

nice interview [though you may want to conduct the next one closer to sea level ]

[Dark Disco|Frozen Balearic|Gay Biker-House| Boogie-Trance|Heavy Electronica|Soft-Goth]

Old Post Oct-09-2009 14:03  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Konijn Click here to Send Konijn a Private Message Visit Konijn's homepage! Add Konijn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Konijn
yay on magikal circus
nay on the lack of another solo gig

nice interview [though you may want to conduct the next one closer to sea level ]

Wasn't my choice lol It was in his hotel room on his patio. His room was on a high floor and the wind was just relentless that day

Old Post Oct-09-2009 14:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jmauro
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Konijn
[though you may want to conduct the next one closer to sea level ]

lol.

Old Post Oct-09-2009 14:21  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for jmauro Click here to Send jmauro a Private Message Add jmauro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJslantzz
Number Cruncher

Nice interview!

When you asked him about his marriage I thought of this right away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UBo...feature=related

Old Post Oct-09-2009 18:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJslantzz Click here to Send DJslantzz a Private Message Add DJslantzz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Uncle ED
Supreme tranceaddict

Right at the start I think his Eyes Wander to somewhere....lol
Lucky you get to interview many DJ's, another great job
BTW: That watch is as big as Big Ben

Old Post Oct-09-2009 21:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Uncle ED Click here to Send Uncle ED a Private Message Add Uncle ED to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Uncle ED
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJslantzz
Nice interview!

When you asked him about his marriage I thought of this right away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UBo...feature=related

Haha...nice

Old Post Oct-09-2009 21:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Uncle ED Click here to Send Uncle ED a Private Message Add Uncle ED to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

very good interview
i learned a few things from it
very cool of him to do one for you

Old Post Oct-09-2009 22:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
snatonsb
I am floating

Re: My Interview with DJ Tiesto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by euphoria

How do you feel about the current styles of Trance music that are being released?
I got a little bored of it to be honest. I think this summer has been a big change for me, in a way that I am not scared anymore to play anything else. I adjust from every style at the moment. I play a couple of House records, Techno, and some Trance records still, Pop mixes and Indie. I'm all over the place at the moment.

Hell yes you are all over the place at the moment lol and not in a good way.

Old Post Oct-09-2009 23:02  Thailand
Click Here to See the Profile for snatonsb Click here to Send snatonsb a Private Message Add snatonsb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

Re: Re: My Interview with DJ Tiesto

quote:
Originally posted by snatonsb
Hell yes you are all over the place at the moment lol and not in a good way.

yea i kinda agree with you on that
imo there is deff alot more cheese trance being put out
so i kinda see why hes shying away from it, but at the same time there is still alot of good trance out there he should still be supporting, but instead he wants to like he said play "pop mixes"
which i dont agree on at all...hes turning into david guetta
dj and production wise

Old Post Oct-09-2009 23:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Euphoria's Interview Thread (Updates: Funkerman, Daniel Wanrooy, Redroche, Kyau & Albert)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown Track [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGrinder - "Runaway" (Original Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread