Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:
Originally posted by sti3
Okay smack me if this has been asked 100 times before but what's a nice low-key friday night bar that has decent music and not-too-expensive drinks. Coming in town for HULLA (don't flame!) and we probably want to save our energy. I see Greg Benz is going to be at System Soundbar but i think that's too much club for us--just a neighborhood or college bar with a noname DJ would be fine.

If anyone can help that's great! I didn't post a separate thread on purpose!

Mad Bar
Roxy Blu
Cream
Gypsy Co-op
Nasa Dancepub
Fez Batik
Beba Lounge
Jolly Bar
Club 26
Surface
IV Lounge
Andy Poolhall
Mod Club
FUSE Room
Labriynth Lounge

enjoy!

Old Post Apr-27-2005 03:23  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sti3
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks mr Bowl of Rice!

We're staying here: http://tinyurl.com/7qw4b

Any of these walking distance from our hotel?

Old Post Apr-27-2005 04:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sti3 Click here to Send sti3 a Private Message Add sti3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:
Thanks mr Bowl of Rice!

We're staying here: http://tinyurl.com/7qw4b

Any of these walking distance from our hotel?

wow ur stayin right by my old college.. what's the name of the place ?

to answer your question, yes most of those places i listed are walking distance.. the bulk of them are in a westwardly direction about 15 mins by foot along Queen St., College St., Adelaide St, and Richmond St.

the average price of a pint here is about $4-5 CDN which is what u can expect at most of those places i mentioned. i'd suggest Nasa Dancepub.

Old Post Apr-29-2005 01:50  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sti3
Supreme tranceaddict

it's the Bond place or Bond Plaza hotel, a highrise. Apparently not luxurious but price is right!

Nasa pub looked cool--we will check out!

Old Post Apr-29-2005 02:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sti3 Click here to Send sti3 a Private Message Add sti3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nick
Supreme tranceaddict

It will take a while to walk from Bond place hotel to Nasa Dance pub on Queen steet, no?

Old Post May-18-2005 01:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Add Nick to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sti3
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nick
It will take a while to walk from Bond place hotel to Nasa Dance pub on Queen steet, no?

It was a pleasant walk. Nasa kind of blew though. We should have gone to the hippy place, the Gypsy whatever.

Old Post May-18-2005 06:23  United States
Nick
Supreme tranceaddict

Hey sti3, my sis are goign to Chicago, end of July to celebrate my cousins' 21st b-day. He is technically turning 21 saturday night at midnight. Are clubs stingy on the rules if we try to get in say 10 ish. (Crobar/Vision?)

Last edited by Nick on Jun-01-2005 at 00:36

Old Post Jun-01-2005 00:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Add Nick to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sti3
Supreme tranceaddict

Wow, that's a tough one. I would think they wouldn't be huge pricks about it, because chances are you'd be buying drinks like mad for your friends birthday at midnight or so, but one never knows. Thing is though, at 10pm Vision or Crobar is going to SUCK. Very few clubs in Chicago are decent before midnight. Smartbar, if there are good DJs there, might be a good choice--i can see their bouncers being cooler than the more uptight clubs downtown.

Old Post Jun-01-2005 04:19  United States
ncgroov808
Senior tranceaddict

CN Tower is a must while in Toronto. Looking forward to going back up there next month!

Old Post Jun-02-2005 18:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ncgroov808 Click here to Send ncgroov808 a Private Message Add ncgroov808 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nick
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Wow, that's a tough one. I would think they wouldn't be huge pricks about it, because chances are you'd be buying drinks like mad for your friends birthday at midnight or so, but one never knows. Thing is though, at 10pm Vision or Crobar is going to SUCK. Very few clubs in Chicago are decent before midnight. Smartbar, if there are good DJs there, might be a good choice--i can see their bouncers being cooler than the more uptight clubs downtown.

Ohh okay, and what time does booze stop in IL 2- 3 am?

Old Post Jun-02-2005 20:49  Canada
mdulation
tranceaddict in training

i will be in toronto from june 28 to july 3, would be interested in checking out some music, so far i have heard that mickey finn is playing on the 2nd , as well as tiesto on the 30th, and rumors of something big going down at guvernment, just wanted to find outif i am missing anythin, i will be coming all the way from Arizona, first trip to canada, i want to have loads of fun, anyways can't quite get to the bottom of what exactly is going down at guvernment, and wondering if tiesto will sell out, and generally just looking for some local wisdom on the matter of nightlife for that week
thx

Old Post Jun-05-2005 15:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mdulation Click here to Send mdulation a Private Message Add mdulation to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:
Originally posted by mdulation
i will be in toronto from june 28 to july 3, would be interested in checking out some music, so far i have heard that mickey finn is playing on the 2nd , as well as tiesto on the 30th, and rumors of something big going down at guvernment, just wanted to find outif i am missing anythin, i will be coming all the way from Arizona, first trip to canada, i want to have loads of fun, anyways can't quite get to the bottom of what exactly is going down at guvernment, and wondering if tiesto will sell out, and generally just looking for some local wisdom on the matter of nightlife for that week
thx

tiesto will more than likely sell out ..

all other event info is here:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...p?s=&forumid=77

welcome and enjoy your stay !

Old Post Jun-05-2005 15:59  Micronesia-Federal State of

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Visitors Thread!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVocal ID [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAyu - Connected (Push's Instrumental Dub Remix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread