Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
srussell0018
Chaostician

Best movie in the history of cinema.

Old Post Jul-21-2012 17:06  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nrg2Nfinit
ItaloDiscoAddict

I watched all 3 in a row at the theatre and i would have to disagree.

I think the second one tops both.

thats usually the case with trilogies.

Old Post Jul-21-2012 21:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nrg2Nfinit Click here to Send Nrg2Nfinit a Private Message Add Nrg2Nfinit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

As I thought it would be, it was extremely enjoyable, and very good for your standard Hollywood block-buster, but still suffered from Nolan's standard issues.

Far too much expository dialogue, smacking the audience in the face with things (a clean slate? like it deletes a persons record, completely cleaning their slate?), obviousness (it was clear who was the real villain almost from the start), and poor directing (look at this, now look at this, now look at this). Most of the time I was able to look past all of these (and the impossibility of a lot of the stuff) and greatly enjoy it, but occasionally it was too much.

Also, anyone else think Bane sounded like Sean Connery?

Old Post Jul-22-2012 00:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BTG
Ez skinz ez lyfe

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
Worst movie of the trilogy.

really? the first one was pretty fucking borring. i haven't seen the new one, but...i mean..the first one sucked!

Old Post Jul-22-2012 02:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for BTG Click here to Send BTG a Private Message Visit BTG's homepage! Add BTG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Also, anyone else think Bane sounded like Sean Connery?

I read a review where, iirc, they said his voice sounded like Sean Connery imitating Patrick Stewart. :P

I thought his voice was fine, if a bit difficult to understand at times. It was definitely an odd voice, though.

I don't know yet where I'd place this one in the trilogy ranking-wise. I love them all for different reasons. Batman Begins was awesome because of the ninja training and all of the "Batman as detective in the shadows" stuff. TDK was awesome because of the Joker and capturing the senseless insanity of Batman's Rogues Gallery. And TDKR is awesome for providing Batman with an overwhelming challenge of brute force and deliberate destruction.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Jul-22-2012 02:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DOOMBOT
*spoiler*

The fact that the odds were stacked against Bruce/Batman as much as they were and he just brushes them aside like it is nothing is what really made this movie less believable then the others. The first time Batman and Bane fight, Batman gets absolutely slaughtered. He had zero chance to beat him at hand to hand combat and ends up getting his back broken.

He is left in a prison to recover, which only took him 5 months to recover from a broken back. Not only that, when he tried to climb out of the whole, he failed twice, falling which looked like at least 30 to 40 feets, WITH A ROPE TIED AROUND HIS BACK!!! Somehow this does not damage his back any further, he makes it out of the hole, travels all the way back to Gotham, and beats Bane in their second hand to hand combat match.

Give me a break.

By the way, is there a spoiler tag?

i have to disagree with you there. the fact that the majority of the film is spent on Bruce sitting in that cave gathering his strength (both physical and mental) lends massive credibility to his comeback. the symbolism behind the jump is what makes his fight with at the end believable...conquering his biggest hurdle by becoming just as tough as Bane.

I'm sure there are a million ways to nitpick at this film, and it's always some small plot hole or "unrealistic element" (no shit its a movie about a guy dressed as a bat) which people seem to point to because the truth is; the writing, the cinematography, the acting and pretty much all of its other aspects are phenomenal. this coming from a guy who had unrealistically high expectations after TDK. take the other films out of the equation, if you will, and judge it on its own merit...this blows away 90% of films out there and certainly every other comic book movie ever made (with perhaps the exception of its own predecessor)

Last edited by RapidFire on Jul-23-2012 at 09:47

Old Post Jul-23-2012 08:12  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

I saw it today, and I really liked it.

There were some parts that were lame, but some parts that were good.

Like most movies.

Carry on though, guys.

Old Post Jul-23-2012 08:40  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

I thought it was awesome, great movie

Anne Hathaway was lookin smokin

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jul-23-2012 10:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Juan Paulino
I thought it was awesome, great movie

Anne Hathaway was lookin smokin
i dont normally like the way she looks...but in that suit, that body was BANGIN

Old Post Jul-23-2012 18:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
judge it on its own merit...this blows away 90% of films out there and certainly every other comic book movie ever made (with perhaps the exception of its own predecessor)

Clearly you haven't seen Daredevil

Old Post Jul-23-2012 19:00  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
Best movie in the history of cinema.

Did Batman bring down a helicopter with a car because he ran out of bullets? If not, it can only be a close second!

Old Post Jul-23-2012 19:04  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

quote:
Originally posted by drEamer
i dont normally like the way she looks...but in that suit, that body was BANGIN

Yeah i got a boner when she was working that safe!

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jul-23-2012 19:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplease ID it... (adam white's?) [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackChimera - I Just Wanna Do My Thing [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread