Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by blackplasma
Greg Murray has just released a new (old?) Rusch & Murray track:

http://www.beatport.com/release/shi...-hearts/1120399

The original sounds like cookie cutter deadmau5 stuff. Electrovoya remix sounds so so wish there was a dub mix.

I was finally able to get a copy of van Bellen's remix of Steve Gibbs

Old Post Jul-26-2013 11:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The Platipus sound went through numerous iterations - early on they were mainly a platform for AOT/Union Jack/POB who all released the same flavour of earthy acid trance. Later they began licensing material from other labels and kept up-to-date with the changing sound of trance. That's why I find their new releases somewhat disappointing, because they've regressed to making faithful pastiches of their now-dated early '90s sound, to be held joyously aloft by the trance purist geeks and to break no new ground whatsoever. If you look back to tracks like Persia in 2004 there was a tantalising glimpse of the future of credible, joss-stick-waving acid trance, an apparition of progress apparently long forgotten in Simon Berry's studio.

For my money Platipus were at their best towards the end of the '90s when they were dedicated to high quality progressive trance. THIS compilation may just have been the high water mark.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-26-2013 12:41  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost

The Art Of Chill series was pretty cool and would also like to see a revival of that. They sure got really good people to do those and Pathaan's Globetronica's were great too...really liked hearing various artists from around the world and yeah I would love to see Chab/Moogwai back. IMO he was really the old person consistently putting stuff out after the label had peaked around 98/99.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Persia was definitely a surprise at the time because Simon's tracks were getting a bit fluffy. I still consider it to be the labels swan song. His last few releases haven't been groundbreaking but he seems to stay true for the fans sake. Not many people these days have a signature sound.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Jul-26-2013 15:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Aug-09-2013 04:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

The compilations numbered 4-6 were the best, imo.

I haven't heard anything brilliant since they came back, but have heard a lot of quality good stuff. Just wish it was 5/5 instead of 4/5.

That 'Cloud' remix sound solid.

I need to buy the rest of the Art of Chill series. I have most of them, but not all. Hopkins' was hard to find =/

Old Post Aug-09-2013 07:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

That Hopkins one is damn near impossible to find;crazy prices when you do. I would like to have the second 'A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix'

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Aug-09-2013 07:40  United States
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Yeah, I'm missing that one, as well. Have the first, of course. I hope to complete my collection some day, but today is not that day

Old Post Aug-09-2013 09:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

i've ordered tales of the unexpected 1 & 2.

vol 1 has what looks like a crappy trance CD. other than that, they look great.

Old Post Aug-09-2013 09:28  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by Syntonic
That Hopkins one is damn near impossible to find;crazy prices when you do.

Wow...had I somehow known how much the second-hand price would jump, I would have tried to take better care of my copy:

Art of Chill 2

I remember eagerly anticipating that one after the release of the first, and picked it up the day it hit the US shelves; probably the strongest installment in the series. The mix System-7 did for the third edition has also broken the $100 mark. I knew these things were limited issue, but had no idea they would remain in such high collector's demand.

Last edited by Paradox Lost on Aug-09-2013 at 20:05

Old Post Aug-09-2013 19:03  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
I remember eagerly anticipating that one after the release of the first, and picked it up the day it hit the US shelves; probably the strongest installment in the series. The mix System-7 did for the third edition has also broken the $100 mark. I knew these things were limited issue, but had no idea they would remain in such high collector's demand.

Yeah I've recently found some bargains on the other ones but the second one is pretty high even on discogs too. They'll stay or increase in value because I don't think they will ever be released digitally. I still haven't opened my copy of the first 'A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix'

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Aug-09-2013 23:48  United States
blackplasma
Senior tranceaddict

POB - Cloud is out on monday, samples here:

http://www.junodownload.com/product...oud/2276951-02/

Old Post Aug-17-2013 20:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for blackplasma Click here to Send blackplasma a Private Message Add blackplasma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

awesome remixes there!

Old Post Aug-19-2013 00:15  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Platipus Records Discussion
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack ID through melody [2011] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNew Power Generation - "The Good Life" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread