Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by magikb
lol, nope... downloaded but haven't upgraded it yet

*facepalm* procrastination at it's finest!

Old Post Aug-19-2010 15:46  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Shit! You guys know more about the new BBM than I do!

We've been so busy with the 9800 US release and 6.0 OS and DTM that I didn't even play with it!

I was never a fan of it being linked together myself, like everything separate... I keep my main messages all merged, but still use my separated SMS box

That's why I never put the PINs in my contact list... but if you can shut that off, i'm gonna do that now!

Last edited by Mach X on Aug-21-2010 at 01:53

Old Post Aug-21-2010 01:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jenn²

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
*facepalm* procrastination at it's finest!

you got that right, lol
It's more so that I am worried about fucking it up. I don't know why I am more with my BB then formatting my computer, but I am.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
I was never a fan of it being linked together myself, like everything separate... I keep my main messages all merged, but still use my separated SMS box

I always have my inbox merged into one only. I find this easiest so I can have other apps on the main screen that I use most often as well.

Everyone has their own preference I suppose, I just find this one the easiest.

Old Post Aug-21-2010 01:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for magikb Click here to Send magikb a Private Message Add magikb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
you got that right, lol
It's more so that I am worried about fucking it up. I don't know why I am more with my BB then formatting my computer, but I am.

run a full backup before you do it, of course.

PS. anyone try out the new Desktop Manager 6? pretty damn slick

Old Post Aug-21-2010 03:48  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jenn²

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
run a full backup before you do it, of course.

I just did a backup now and am instaling .822 which is newest for the 8900 so we'll see how it goes

EDIT: so it is all installed and holy shit is it ever that much faster. It is a little buggy and I had to play with it to get my sound going again as well as delivering PIN's; it wouldn't accept PIN's being sent or recieved the regular way, but would through BBM only.

Also my BBM has been corrected and I have full options available to me. The only thing that I can't get working right now is my Weather Network application which I will need to figure out. I can't be without it.

quote:
PS. anyone try out the new Desktop Manager 6? pretty damn slick

It is really nice actually. I am a fan

Last edited by magikb on Aug-21-2010 at 08:00

Old Post Aug-21-2010 05:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for magikb Click here to Send magikb a Private Message Add magikb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

can't WAIT to get the 9800

Old Post Aug-21-2010 06:09  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magikb
Home of Lix and Jenn²

Leaked OS 5.0.0.822 for 8900 and 9000

Here is the link if anyone wants it. Like I said in my post above, some bugs but I have managed to work through them all now I believe.

Last edited by magikb on Aug-21-2010 at 08:04

Old Post Aug-21-2010 07:58 
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
The only thing that I can't get working right now is my Weather Network application which I will need to figure out. I can't be without it.

uninstall and reinstall

had problems with opera after an upgrade once and that's the simplest fix

Old Post Aug-21-2010 11:21  United Arab Emirates
magikb
Home of Lix and Jenn²

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
uninstall and reinstall

had problems with opera after an upgrade once and that's the simplest fix

I uninstalled last night and app world was having troubles connecting so I'm gonna look at it today. I've only had about 4 hours of sleep cuz I was geeking out trying to get everything fixed last night, so maybe I'll do better once I have more sleep.

I am impressed though with the new found speed of things!

Old Post Aug-21-2010 12:57 
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

What are people's feelings on the Torch?

Old Post Sep-27-2010 16:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
What are people's feelings on the Torch?

Great phone, and def the best BlackBerry to get if you want a sweet BB (OS 6.0 looks like a wonderful improvement!)

Though if compared to other smartphones out there (iPhone 4; new Android offerings in Canada (eg. HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant/Captivate, etc.)), it falls somewhat short..

Old Post Sep-27-2010 16:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by Jem_hadar
Great phone, and def the best BlackBerry to get if you want a sweet BB (OS 6.0 looks like a wonderful improvement!)

Though if compared to other smartphones out there (iPhone 4; new Android offerings in Canada (eg. HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant/Captivate, etc.)), it falls somewhat short..

Everything you say is what I keep hearing. I guess I just haven't accepted it. lol I want a Blackberry for BBM - so I can talk to friends in the U.S., but also b/c many applications I want only come for iphone or blackberries. I just can't do only touch screen. I need a keyboard.

Old Post Sep-27-2010 16:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNice Progressive with Dreamy Vocals [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFeels So Hot (feat. Whorizon) [Burning Up Remix] [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread