Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
Hey LKD, I've searched to find conclusive evidence that the new BlackBerry OS6 is based on WebOS, but to no avail. Do you have a link?

I have read that they use RootKit for their web browser, but nothing about WebOS.

as I told you, that was preliminary discussion :P

Old Post Jul-30-2010 19:06  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

when does the 9780 come out for rogers?

Old Post Jul-30-2010 19:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
as I told you, that was preliminary discussion :P

When I second guessed you, you said: 'hey, i should know, I have a black berry, and I follow their news pretty close'.

Do you have any sources for this 'preliminary discussion'?

Old Post Jul-30-2010 22:51  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
When I second guessed you, you said: 'hey, i should know, I have a black berry, and I follow their news pretty close'.

Do you have any sources for this 'preliminary discussion'?

www.blackberrycool.com

it is also rumoured that RIM was bidding to buy out Palm to own Web OS

Old Post Jul-31-2010 03:24  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
www.blackberrycool.com

it is also rumoured that RIM was bidding to buy out Palm to own Web OS

Oh common, I'm not going to read through the whole site.

And, EVERYBODY was rumoured to have bid on Palm.

Old Post Jul-31-2010 17:07  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

Have you all upgraded to the latest BBM? (came out last week finally)

Old Post Aug-19-2010 14:34  United Arab Emirates
magikb
Home of Lix and Jenn˛

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
Have you all upgraded to the latest BBM? (came out last week finally)

sure did and I still cannot add SMS contacts to my BBM.

Old Post Aug-19-2010 14:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for magikb Click here to Send magikb a Private Message Add magikb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by magikb
sure did and I still cannot add SMS contacts to my BBM.

This is only possible (as far as i know)if you have your bbm contacts linked with your blackberry contacts. you will need to do each one individually.

eg. Say you have bob on bbm and as a contact on your phone, in bbm you opt to link the bbm contact to your blackberry contact. Bob sends you a text and it shows in BBM instead of your sms box.

I'm pretty sure you can't have ALL SMS show in BBM.

Sandeep, can you confirm?

EDIT: oh yea in BBM you have to go to your options and select "Show text messages from contacts linked with blackberry contacts"

Old Post Aug-19-2010 14:58  United Arab Emirates
magikb
Home of Lix and Jenn˛

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
This is only possible (as far as i know)if you have your bbm contacts linked with your blackberry contacts. you will need to do each one individually.

eg. Say you have bob on bbm and as a contact on your phone, in bbm you opt to link the bbm contact to your blackberry contact. Bob sends you a text and it shows in BBM instead of your sms box.

EDIT: oh yea in BBM you have to go to your options and select "Show text messages from contacts linked with blackberry contacts"

on the new BBM there is a 3rd drop down to add contacts to and the new drop down is SMS contacts. I don't even have that in my list of people to add. A friend of mine just showed me the other night on his.

I am wondering if maybe it is b/c I haven't upgraded my OS yet. I have downloaded it, but haven't gotten around to backing up and installing the new one yet.

Old Post Aug-19-2010 15:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for magikb Click here to Send magikb a Private Message Add magikb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
exstasie
Hack Attack

quote:
Originally posted by LKD

Yeah, the first time I got a SMS in the BBM, i was like WTF??? I was out of the country so I had roaming turned off and was wondering what was up with the SMS showing up in BBM but figured it was due to the linking.

Old Post Aug-19-2010 15:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for exstasie Click here to Send exstasie a Private Message Add exstasie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by magikb
on the new BBM there is a 3rd drop down to add contacts to and the new drop down is SMS contacts. I don't even have that in my list of people to add. A friend of mine just showed me the other night on his.

I am wondering if maybe it is b/c I haven't upgraded my OS yet. I have downloaded it, but haven't gotten around to backing up and installing the new one yet.

here's from the BBM support:
quote:

On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry Messenger icon.
On the contact list screen, press the Menu key.
Click Invite Contact.
Click Enter an SMS contact's name or phone number.
Type part or all of the contact information.
Click the contact information.
If necessary, change the Category field.
If necessary, type the name that you want to appear in your BlackBerry® Messenger contact list.
Click Add Contact.

I just tried with a regular text contact and it worked....I don't like the idea of mixing the 2 though especially when it comes to backing up and upgrading.

EDIT: didnt you upgrade with that OS I posted a few weeks back?

Old Post Aug-19-2010 15:28  United Arab Emirates
magikb
Home of Lix and Jenn˛

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
here's from the BBM support:

I just tried with a regular text contact and it worked....I don't like the idea of mixing the 2 though especially when it comes to backing up and upgrading.

EDIT: didnt you upgrade with that OS I posted a few weeks back?

lol, nope... downloaded but haven't upgraded it yet

Old Post Aug-19-2010 15:45 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAlibi - Eternity ---> What Remix Is This Version? [2003] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMirco de Govia - Dive In the Ocean [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread