Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Digital Dreams 2014 Reviews and After Parties
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jad
_.spark._

Proper reviews for Tenaglia please

Old Post Jul-02-2014 01:20  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for jad Click here to Send jad a Private Message Visit jad's homepage! Add jad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

looks like all those prydz tracks suck lol.... regret missing tenaglia. this electric island was so weak imo.

Edit :sober me realizes I got the beer cuz I got beer jacked

Last edited by planetaryplayer on Jul-02-2014 at 16:45

Old Post Jul-02-2014 05:00  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dinosaurbingo
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
looks like all those prydz tracks suck lol.... regret missing tenaglia. this electric island was so weak imo.

in the future dudes going with girls, idc about them I'm not single lol, like 5 outdoor parties in a row guys giving me drinks not to talk to certain girls. I'm there for music only lol

a lot of ppl there not there for the music, crowd and vibe for EI has changed so much, sven vath event was pretty bad too, but this one, the crowd was so much more snobby.

Old Post Jul-02-2014 06:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for dinosaurbingo Click here to Send dinosaurbingo a Private Message Add dinosaurbingo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by jad
Proper reviews for Tenaglia please

this

Old Post Jul-02-2014 09:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Danny changed his display picture to the Team Closing photo at Ryze. That's so awesome! Congrats to the very few who stayed until the end. Looks like he's going to want to come back which is a good thing!

Old Post Jul-02-2014 12:26  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mdm8
year-round santa

DD day 1 was pretty meh. Day 2 was rockin. Paco and Luciano were top notch. Green Velvet in the pouring rain was fantastic. Cashless wristband thing worked well, but logistics for moving people through the front gate was a nightmare. Overall it could have been done better.

Was at Tenaglia from 12-9 - absolutely unreal. Nathan Barato set it up great and Danny took the crowd on a real adventure. Started slow and deep and picked it up about an hour in. Chuggy industrial techno, house, bassline-driven techy groovers, and even a couple hands-in-the-air vocal classics were all out in full force...he is truly the best in the world and the crowd was eating out of his hand the entire time. Absolutely flawless mixing and programming + plenty of room to dance (while still steady busy) made this one of the best parties I've ever been to in Toronto. A+

Old Post Jul-02-2014 16:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for mdm8 Click here to Send mdm8 a Private Message Add mdm8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Otaku2K
tranceaddict

Arrow

Didn't go to any parties this weekend other than the DT Marathon, and I can't imagine any can top it from this year or even the past few. The whole set was all about past present and future, and big ups to RYZE for making it happened, it was a long time waiting for Toronto

Old Post Jul-02-2014 17:31  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Otaku2K Click here to Send Otaku2K a Private Message Add Otaku2K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Big Boss
Supreme tranceaddict

My review from Facebook:

Danny Tenaglia DJ:

An extended set/marathon isn’t for everyone and rightfully so. I’ll try to explain how it originated.

In the 70’s in New York venues like the Paradise Garage perfected all night parties. Although the clientele was a diverse cross section of people, the majority were working poor or working class, using music as a desperate escape from harsh realities.

A young Danny Tenaglia was schooled at places like the Paradise Garage and his marathon sets are influenced by the Garage and Larry Levan. The idea of an extended set was to release all your stress and start the week anew.

Fast forward to RYZE Toronto on Canada Day Monday. Tenaglia played 13 hours for a mix of new generation and old generation. Just like the 70’s, music is the optimal choice for stress release for Tenaglia fans.

Although I am a partner in the event, I’m writing this as a fan. I was in a bad mood this weekend, having missed Digital Dreams, but Tenaglia picked my spirits up.

Flickers of light interspersed with the darkness set the mood. The Dynacord pounded as Tenaglia blended relentless techno with trippy, almost eclectic sounds. From 10am onwards he seemed like he was winding down, but that’s the thing with Tenaglia, you never know.

The last few hours was my favourite part of the event. The bar reopened at 11am and a new wave of people came in to add to the group. Energy levels intersected creating a new vibe that Tenaglia capitalized on.

At 2:30 pm, we sang “Oh Canada”. Danny smashed another hour of encores and like that it was over…

Ryze isn’t an afterhours so major credit to Rob Ryze for allowing this to happen. Security and bartenders did not complain about working a triple shift. I felt the Boa and Sonic vibes, and dare I say another club down the 401 East. Unreal.

Thank you Gavin Gerbz for this magic. This was Danny’s best Toronto set in at least 10 years and definitely rivals some of those 90’s sets. Brent, Anthony, Alberto Adam, Andrew all trooped it out. What a journey…

Old Post Jul-02-2014 22:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Big Boss Click here to Send Big Boss a Private Message Add Big Boss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

pretty incredible weekend, this will be a yearly staple for yours truly since I'm always in Montreal to party and certainly welcomed the refreshing change.

Danny T marathon set at Ryze was tops for me too, so much depth that if you're a music lover it was next level to you. Hard techno, new wave, industrial, acid, latin tech tribal.. all this and I wasn't even around for the last three hours!

Digital was also incredible, the combo of that waterfront and a festival with music tastes for everyone made for a great time. Easily the best outdoor festival in Canada, combining stages that felt like you were at Piknic in Montreal, the beach at Playa del Carmen etc. Probably 25 to 30000 per day but the wait to get in at peak was maybe 30 min on the busy Sunday. Room to move at all the four stages. I really can't think of any vastly needed improvements, this coming from one of the more cynical posters on ta hehe. I also thought Nicole, Danny, Paco and Leger killed it, Leger played with such attitude, wow.

a brief storm produced a massive rainbow, don't think that went unnoticed by the World Pride folks who probably saw it as divine intervention

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Jul-02-2014 23:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Shaya007
Sharam was there too up on the skybar,

Good times

Anything else to note? was it worth it, and did it have the vibe of sunrise sets before it...

really pleased to hear how skybar and ryze stayed open way late... hoping this will hoping more often... especially skybar for labour day....

Old Post Jul-03-2014 19:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

God, I'm STILL buzzing from Ryze.

I feel like an amateur saying this but I passed out and didn't make it to the club till 10AM (unplanned but needed after my weekend so far) but I'm sure glad I made the effort. Walked into a pitch dark club and had to feel my way to the dance floor. Relentless techno from the master!

I still can't believe this party happened. Kudos to everyone for getting this together. I feel like for once we are as cool as Montreal lol. I really wish I was there for the full set but the bit I did catch was absolutely incredible. On top of that, the lighting was actually done properly (dark reds and blues, no strobes) and it wasn't unbearably hot. The sound was also the best I've ever heard in there. I feel like (or hope) that this is a sign that Toronto crowd is willing to pay more to dance to a dj for a proper extended set. Danny obviously had an amazing time so I can only hope this happens again sometime. Comparing Ryze to Stereo means a lot coming from someone like him (his status on fb). I'd love to see C+C do a set like this here. I had basically written them off in Toronto but I'd have faith in them if they were presented with 12+ hours to work their magic.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Jul-04-2014 01:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

Wasn't really feeling DD this year.. last year was much better IMO The crowd was really getting on my nerves. Too many kids for my taste..

Had a much better time in Detroit for Movement.

Old Post Jul-04-2014 01:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Digital Dreams 2014 Reviews and After Parties
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVERY GOOD track needs ID! [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStella Getz - Dr. Love [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread