Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Should a Promoter throw a Massive (that's what I used to call them) in LA or SF?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Should a Promoter throw a Massive (that's what I used to call them) in LA or SF?

So... I keep going back to the Ultra lineup thread and some folks were reminiscing about the old days.

Would you attend a "Massive" here in LA or SF? I believe they call them Festivals nowadays but I'm keeping it old school. Lets say the massive catered to the type of music you prefer.

1. Would you attend it or are you just over it?
2. If you were against attending because you were too old or some shit, what would it take for you to attend (DJ? Guest List? free booze?)?
3. Any preference to the promoter? (even an unknown promoter)
4. Where would you like this party to be held (this is all pretend land so it could be held at any venue/beach/ship/whatever)?

Just bored at work on a friday and thought I would post something.

Old Post Feb-22-2019 21:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Should a Promoter throw a Massive (that's what I used to call them) in LA or SF?

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
So... I keep going back to the Ultra lineup thread and some folks were reminiscing about the old days.

Would you attend a "Massive" here in LA or SF? I believe they call them Festivals nowadays but I'm keeping it old school. Lets say the massive catered to the type of music you prefer.

2. If you were against attending because you were too old or some shit, what would it take for you to attend (DJ? Guest List? free booze?)?
4. Where would you like this party to be held (this is all pretend land so it could be held at any venue/beach/ship/whatever)?

Me personally:

1. although I'm over the whole massive pieces of shit, I'd probably go.
2. It would take the right djs to be there such as Sasha & Digweed, or Dixon, Ame and the Innervisions crew. One of those two would have me attending. Guest List, free booze are bonuses!!!
3. I'd LOVE to see Spundae do it! We all know, they were the best!
4. For a massive in LA, I think I'd love attend one on the streets of Hollywood. Spundae did a few back in the early 2000s. No one has ever did it again due to city regulations and bull shit. But again, it's pretend land. For SF, I'd love to see something north of SF. There's a lot of great land and open space up. There beautiful.

Old Post Feb-22-2019 21:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Should a Promoter throw a Massive (that's what I used to call them) in LA or SF?

I totally would go to a massive but I'm way too lazy to go out to San Bernardino now even though.

I paid through the nose to go to one day of Time Warp NYC and mama mia I wouldn't want to pay that much again but I would totally go to a big all techno & tech-house festival.

Anjuanabeach was super fun, I'd love to see a promoter pull that shit off over here at the beach somewhere in LA County. The dream promoter would be for Fatboy Slim to be the promoter. He threw epic Big Beach Festivals in his native UK and also Japan. I didn't go to the BBF when I lived in Japan because he wasn't playing that year and I had tickets to go to another massive a month later and didn't want to drop another $100 to NOT see Fatboy Slim. The lineups they had there would good and would love to see those headliners: Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Basemext Jaxx, Sasha, Digweed, Carl Cox, and it was just them with some hot stars of the year sans a million openers because it's a beach party, not 3 stages .

If anybody here hasn't seen Big Beach Boutique 2 while in state of altered consciousness please do. It's epic. Watched the video so many times and thought well damn that looks like a good time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZedHmQ35Po

Also was it Spundae that blocked off 3 blocks of downtown LA where people brought in the NYE? Didn't go to that bc I was under 21 and it was 21+ and saddens me it wasn't done again.

Also more craft beer please at this festivals, paying $14 for a bud light is brutal.

quote:

Last edited by neogaia on Mar-01-2019 at 05:57

Old Post Mar-01-2019 05:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

I still go.

Going to Beyond & Ultra later this month. EDC in May.

Would I pay to go ? I wouldn't pay to go to an event especially a massive/festival to be stuck in GA UNLESS I am trying to get laid (being truthful) I would buy tickets (if I didn't have plug) and go into GA with my date. Maybe like a Prydz EPIC show I would buy as well, along with a few select other events (but not massives). But right now I'm dating a 23 year old (I'm 36) so I don't have to resort to that. I have had friends guestlist her and her friends for events when I'm at home sleeping lol. I just can't hang with people that young that can basically rage every weekend. I got a 7-330 job that's very physical when I got back from Europe pays very well and I can get as much OT as I want so I'm always exhausted so I can't hang with her and her friends at times. To add to my work I have a lot of projects going on from event planning, being a few DJ's agents and of course my side hustle with cars gives me even less energy. And now to be stuck in GA in the middle of the crowd with all this going on? Plus allll the parties I have been to in the past few years kinda makes me over it all lol

Old Post Mar-01-2019 13:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Should a Promoter throw a Massive (that's what I used to call them) in LA or SF?

quote:
Originally posted by neogaia

Also was it Spundae that blocked off 3 blocks of downtown LA where people brought in the NYE? Didn't go to that bc I was under 21 and it was 21+ and saddens me it wasn't done again.

That was Giant Village held by Giant. Some pretty cool events except for the one that got shut down due to weather. Spundae did the one on Hollywood Blvd. I didn't have a chance to attend that one because I was living in the Bay at the time and had the "fuck LA' attitude.

Old Post Mar-01-2019 15:56  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
I still go.

Going to Beyond & Ultra later this month. EDC in May.

Would I pay to go ? I wouldn't pay to go to an event especially a massive/festival to be stuck in GA UNLESS I am trying to get laid (being truthful) I would buy tickets (if I didn't have plug) and go into GA with my date. Maybe like a Prydz EPIC show I would buy as well, along with a few select other events (but not massives). But right now I'm dating a 23 year old (I'm 36) so I don't have to resort to that. I have had friends guestlist her and her friends for events when I'm at home sleeping lol. I just can't hang with people that young that can basically rage every weekend. I got a 7-330 job that's very physical when I got back from Europe pays very well and I can get as much OT as I want so I'm always exhausted so I can't hang with her and her friends at times. To add to my work I have a lot of projects going on from event planning, being a few DJ's agents and of course my side hustle with cars gives me even less energy. And now to be stuck in GA in the middle of the crowd with all this going on? Plus allll the parties I have been to in the past few years kinda makes me over it all lol

So where would you like to see a Massive thrown at here in CA? And who would you like to see throw it? Don't tell me Insomniac

Old Post Mar-01-2019 16:17  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
So where would you like to see a Massive thrown at here in CA? And who would you like to see throw it? Don't tell me Insomniac

elrow!!

I always go to their Miami party. Production is always TOP notch !!!

Music is all the same, what makes a difference is the production and HOW they do things. Very different then wheat insomniac and ultra and everyone else does it.

Anywhere in socal people will drive for it. But the best would be an elrow party in the jungles of TULUM! Or or the beach of TULUM !!

Old Post Mar-01-2019 16:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
elrow!!

I always go to their Miami party. Production is always TOP notch !!!

Music is all the same, what makes a difference is the production and HOW they do things. Very different then wheat insomniac and ultra and everyone else does it.

Anywhere in socal people will drive for it. But the best would be an elrow party in the jungles of TULUM! Or or the beach of TULUM !!

wow! I just looked them and it looks very different from what i've seen before.

Old Post Mar-01-2019 16:53  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
wow! I just looked them and it looks very different from what i've seen before.

That’s why I think they are the next big thing. See from Vegas saw that as well and they have elrow parties at encore beach club at the Wynn. But let’s be real it’s Vegas so not authentic. Their parties are amazing and they are BLOWING up right now.

Music is the same everywhere now like I mentioned before, so now it’s up to the production.

We are having an underground down here in SD in 4/20. Try to come through, it will blow your mind because it’s somegning no one as done before.

Old Post Mar-01-2019 17:29  United States
nima86
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
That’s why I think they are the next big thing. See from Vegas saw that as well and they have elrow parties at encore beach club at the Wynn. But let’s be real it’s Vegas so not authentic. Their parties are amazing and they are BLOWING up right now.

Music is the same everywhere now like I mentioned before, so now it’s up to the production.

We are having an underground down here in SD in 4/20. Try to come through, it will blow your mind because it’s somegning no one as done before.

we get elrow parties here in nyc

Old Post Mar-04-2019 20:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for nima86 Click here to Send nima86 a Private Message Add nima86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by nima86
we get elrow parties here in nyc

I went to the one in July, my good friend played it.

Old Post Mar-04-2019 21:20  United States
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:

Think I've reached the point where I'm just over it. Performances at massives feel way more impersonal and often watered-down to appeal to the larger audience than those in smaller, more intimate venues. Now that I'm older, I've found that I have less patience for people who're primarily there for the sake of partying and/or getting fucked up than they are for the music. Festivals that host showcases in smaller spaces across a city - like how Decibel Festival used to operate, and how Mutek in SF (buying my ticket this weekend!) operates now - are my jam these days. Even if a massive catered to the kinds of music I prefer, I feel like the setting and crowd are almost equally as important to the entirety of the event.

Last edited by idoru on Mar-08-2019 at 17:34

Old Post Mar-08-2019 17:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Should a Promoter throw a Massive (that's what I used to call them) in LA or SF?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from 2002 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRah - "Glow" (Airbase Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread