Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by CMR
It's the type of place that I've always dreamed of having a permanent, massive Berghain-esque club.

wait so no ones has ever threw a party there before (that wasn't by permit)? I think they got the permits because they didn't sell liquor (open bar) and it was invitation only... they also had rogers as a sponsor... anyways I highly suggest everyone drive by and take a look at the site it is really beautiful for what it is... so raw and industrial... I always dreamt of partying in a place like that... its on unwin.ave - Hearin Generating Plant. Literally down the street from Cherry Beach...
When Steve Lawler tried doing that tour of parties in odd locations this should have been the spot....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...50121,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89d4cb0802d21d51:0x3cd140239645667d

Old Post Nov-10-2014 18:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by CMR
It's the type of place that I've always dreamed of having a permanent, massive Berghain-esque club.

Old Post Nov-10-2014 18:30  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

lol. had no idea it was the building near Cherry Beach. My gf and her friends got caught sneaking around in there summer before last. They took some incredible photos.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Nov-11-2014 01:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Is it that spooky building going east near like a single car bridge ?

Old Post Nov-11-2014 02:33  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
Is it that spooky building going east near like a single car bridge ?

yes sir!

next summer or if there's another nice day this year im going try and make it out there to check out again...

I'm surprised that there is security there... but yeah this is the dream spot for a proper underground rave... only proper is that its not very accessible... only 2 ways in and out and both require a bridge... if it were to get busted you would be waiting in the bush for a while lol

Old Post Nov-12-2014 19:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

I seen Skream in the beginning of the month. He played a deep house set. He sounded out of his element and a few shitty mixes were made. Nothing like his boiler room sets.

Seen Solomun at Stereo on the wind. So many fucking shirtless Homos but what ever it didn't ruin my vibe. The sound system truly is amazingly perfect. Solomun was on fire all night and dropped a bunch of what I think is new tunes at the end. Deff one of my current favs

Bring on 2015. Eats Everything, Art Dept and possibly Danny T. Digital Dreams also looks strong .

Old Post Dec-31-2014 20:22  Canada
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Anybody reaching Coda for Art Department and Loco Dice?

You can still smoke at Coda right?

Old Post Jan-20-2015 22:30  Canada
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

lol

Old Post Jan-20-2015 23:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Art Department @ Coda 1year Anny
It was a decent set, deff not my fav set of theirs but still had fun...
Kenny looked super tired all nyte (bpm hangover?) and Johnny was actually pretty funny... good guys...
I got there early to avoid the line, and it WORKED lol
kind of chessed about the facebook group said $40 cover and it ended up being $50, and the guest list girl was really rude when I asked her a question about the guest list/reduced cover...
it didn't get super packed and that's always awesome, it was a bit hot and we did get sweaty and left wet in the cold that sucked...
the club is still running really smooth, Tiga should be great...

would really love to check out other clubs, but Coda is the only spot that consistently brings the talent that deserves my money!

Thinking about checking out Digitaria next

Old Post Jan-27-2015 18:50  Canada
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

tennis @ coda was good on v-day

checked out chris liebing yesterday. can't say I'm a big fan of his productions or much of his label though they do put out some good things every now and then. his set had me dancing and thats pretty much all i could ask for. would check him out again next time he's in town

Old Post Mar-01-2015 19:51  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dansports7
tranceaddict in training

------------------

Last edited by Dansports7 on Apr-03-2015 at 20:03

Old Post Mar-01-2015 21:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dansports7 Click here to Send Dansports7 a Private Message Add Dansports7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

A bit late on this one but I saw Max Graham and Jeremy Oleander at Ryze a couple of weeks back on Feb 20th. I went there solely for Graham, as I'm not too familiar with Oleander's work. Last time I saw Graham was at This Is London in like 2006 I think. Anyway, Oleander played well, mixing in uplifting melodies with hard beats. Graham continued with the same vibe. His last three tracks were: Odd Parents- Learn To Fly (Maceo Plex Remix), Solid Stone- Not Enough (Max Graham Remix), and Royksopp- Sordid Affair (Maceo Plex Remix). I swear, everyone's been ending off their sets with Sordid Affair, but it's pretty hard not to since it's so good as a closing track

Overall a good night. I'm happy to also report that Ryze has fixed its wobbly floor issue and it's pretty stable now. Also, I liked the sound level they had the music at as I didn't really need for my earplugs really expect in certain spots.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Mar-06-2015 11:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackgerman track? [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDane Jolley - Boomsleng (Visiontool Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread