Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2011 / Miami Music Week 2011 > Miami Music Week is now over. Your thoughts about the parties and other things?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
limin_li
Asian Mafioso Nerdbot

Miami Music Week is now over. Your thoughts about the parties and other things?

Lets start with a big thanks to Keano and Massive Events for booking crazy DJs for both nights. My highlight was Aly and Fila who drop a sick tech-trance track that sounded very simliar to Paul van Dyk - Tell Me Why.

There are literally millions of story I can talk about it right now but lets hear yours.

Old Post Mar-28-2011 06:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for limin_li Click here to Send limin_li a Private Message Add limin_li to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
monkeybizness
Junior tranceaddict

pvd at mansions played an amazing set . and the visuals were sickkkk

Old Post Mar-28-2011 12:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for monkeybizness Click here to Send monkeybizness a Private Message Add monkeybizness to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

every single party i went to vastly exceeded my expectations!

went to the markus & friends / toolroom knights at the last minute. went up to the terrace thinking sander was going to suck fuckin balls cuz well thats what he does these days and HOLY SHIT i heard him drop the craziest set ive ever seen him play before. played nothing but techy ass shit, no queer vocal trance, actually played to the terrace and the toolroom sound. his productions blow ass these days but my god the guy is still an amazing dj. you just gotta take him away from the cookie-cutter trance crowd. i just pray space brings him back on the terrace sometime this year!!!

Old Post Mar-28-2011 13:39  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LiquidX
It's All OvA!

All beatport parties I went to were good. Only complaint was that at times they would only let VIP people in through the front and even those with the beaport card were told to make the line.

My first Anjuna party and it rocked. I haven't danced and jumped that much in a while. I'm planning on attending it again next year.

SHM masquerade motel party rocked too. I hope they learned their lesson with the overselling tickets. They are planning on bringing back the party next year. My turn off throughout the party was watching people overdose on their stuff. I literally watched this one guy lay unconscious, while their friends were hysterically trying to revive him in tears. Disturbing stuff that dampens the mood really.
Other than that, SHM had everyone tranced in the beat.

I wish I would've made it to more night time parties though, and vary the sounds a bit more. Like the Cadenza & Bedrock party.

Old Post Mar-28-2011 18:52  Chile
Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidX Click here to Send LiquidX a Private Message Visit LiquidX's homepage! Add LiquidX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Every party I went to was so so sick. Beatport parties were awesome. Cadenza pool party was sick. Sunday School was perfect. Dam I wanna do it all over again.

Old Post Mar-28-2011 19:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

unbelievable time.

i did my best to check out all types of parties - trance, house, techno. everybody threw down some great sets and the vibes were amazing all around.

i'm sure we'll get some overall review threads/posts coming after everyone is done recovering.

will post plenty of pictures and videos as well. already in withdrawal..

Old Post Mar-29-2011 04:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
Like a FCKNG BIRD

The parties were great, but what made it for me this year, were the people who I stayed with.

Amazing friends.

PLUR.

Old Post Mar-29-2011 14:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chillenandy321
PARTY!! 8-)

Everything had great vibe,tunes,people! Ready for next year!!

Old Post Mar-29-2011 15:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chillenandy321 Click here to Send chillenandy321 a Private Message Visit chillenandy321's homepage! Add chillenandy321 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MdTechno
Supreme tranceaddict

Well I made it through this time!

I must say I respect anyone who can do this every year.

I am in real good shape but even this week my feet, legs and back hurt from standing +14 hours a day dancing, walking, etc.. all with limited sleep each night.

During some parties I had to find a place to sit to rest my body some but I got back up and continued.

I missed Sunday Ultra and Sander K @ Shine, because I had found out my flight got canceled Monday morning due to the MIA fuel farm fire and I had to work on getting back home. I wound up having to fly into the next closest Airport to my house and was about 14 hours later than I wanted to get back home, but I made it back safe.

I am all unpacked and laundry all done, and back to a normal schedule Wed.

I enjoyed the music this time! I stayed away from alcohol and junk food and had so much fun this time.

I must say the longest point was Nikki Beach, then Cameo, then Freak Tikki boat, then Friday Ultra after a 3 hour nap.

Last edited by MdTechno on Mar-29-2011 at 20:14

Old Post Mar-29-2011 20:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MdTechno Click here to Send MdTechno a Private Message Add MdTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
UWM
mandroid

smaller parties were better, too much shit is getting overhyped and overcrowded (hot natured @ pickle anyone), tikki parties are still your best bet even though they're expensive, oh and chip clips are the key to a good week.

Old Post Mar-29-2011 21:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for UWM Click here to Send UWM a Private Message Visit UWM's homepage! Add UWM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Acton
The parties were great, but what made it for me this year, were the people who I stayed with.

Amazing friends.

+1

Old Post Mar-29-2011 21:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

+1000 on that one. People, people, people.... So great to meet and hang out with awesome, like-minded people. Too many names to mention but you know who you all are.

---- that's not to say that the music didn't contribute a little, too. cause, HOLY HELL! it was sooo good this year. Like Pat said, the parties exceeded expectations. Will get into more detail if we throw out a party/review thread or whatnot, but nearly every dj I saw was on point.

Only 357 days left, lol.

Old Post Mar-30-2011 03:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DPetey81 Click here to Send DPetey81 a Private Message Visit DPetey81's homepage! Add DPetey81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2011 / Miami Music Week 2011 > Miami Music Week is now over. Your thoughts about the parties and other things?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAlone Again - But Which Mix? [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDumonde vs Lange - "Memory" (JamX & De Leon Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread