Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Oh and don't take personal offense to any of my opinions, Donnie, you are literally the best poster on the forum, I just like to vent my opinions!

Like the Colin Cowherd of FLTA.

Old Post Feb-17-2015 21:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl384923
Senior tranceaddict

Thumbs up

quote:
[i][b]

It's a load of bullshit if you ask me. Glad to see my absolute favorite DJs stay true at least this year: Drumcode crew, Bedrock crew, the Anjunadeep guys, etc.

But how many festivals and warehouse parties can Germany/Netherlands/England/Croatia really throw? Fuck it seems like every weekend over in Europe during the summer there's another huge one going on, but it's too much for them to come here during WMC. So stupid.

And it's MIAMI. PDC is not Miami and it never will be.

Just wanted to add on as everything you said was fair and very true. The main stays seem to keep coming back so A+ for that. The festivals in Europe do seem endless nowadays having been to a few (Awakenings last summer being my favorite) they do tend to be better than what we have but that's still no excuse to miss a killer week.

On top of that, I've been to Miami dozens of times, but never for WMC, MMW and i just went to BPM for the first time this year and it was pretty killer even rivaling Ibiza even if for only the one week in winter. PDC will never be miami but it is a lot lot cheaper. Im excited to make the comparison of the two this year while its still fresh in mind.

Old Post Feb-17-2015 22:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl384923 Click here to Send cl384923 a Private Message Add cl384923 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Oh and don't take personal offense to any of my opinions, Donnie, you are literally the best poster on the forum, I just like to vent my opinions!

Like the Colin Cowherd of FLTA.

Not taken personal at all! I like these sorts of discussions.

Everything I've run into is about it not being feasible anymore coming to Miami. You have at least 5 days of hotel. That's a $1,000 there. You have plane flight from lets say London $1000. All the promoters are looking for dirt cheap rates, myself included. That means these guys need to book 3 gigs just to break even on the week. Honestly, I love Miami but that vibe in Mexico and European festivals is something that doesn't happen here (steam is the closest vibe to europe I have seen). Case in point I did the accommodations last week for an artist. 5 nights hotel $1,276 dollars in Hotel. Compared to I spent 12 nights in Mexico in two beautiful villas for a total of $1,600. Just trust me when I say you will see year over year going forward the drop off in people coming for WMC. It's not just artist, it's for the traveler as well coming from Europe it's expensive! The pound and Euro go a lot further in Mexico than they do here. It's hard for the Europeans to turn right back around and head to miami 60 days later. I mean the Euro in Mexico was 18 pesos and the pound was over 20 pesos, the USA is $1.50.

Last year at this time we had over 100 parties released, Ultra was sold out, compared to this year about 60 parties released and Ultra just opened the third tier of tickets. Miami during the year is awesome, don't get me wrong but there is so much better than here.

Sure Europe has a festival every week in the summer but like real estate it's location, location, location. Miami can't compete on that level. Sure we have nice venues with sound systems and $20 drinks and $10 beer but personally it doesn't touch the venues around the rest of the world. Europe this summer I was in parties at 1600 Bath house, old villas, beaches, jungles, docks and even a park in Montepellier. Mexico you have dance floors on the sand, cenote parties, jungle parties, proper club nights, plenty of outdoor venues and plenty of afterhours if you know where to look.

I will always give as much info as I can without getting in trouble. I wish I could say everything I know but unfortunately I can't. Remember this was my first year dealing with agents and it surprised me as well hearing these things but then I sat back and said shit, that makes sense.

Personally, I liked Playa better than WMC week. The cabbies are pretty fair (besides Blue Venado) and BPM counter acted that by making a set price for the trip, it's way cheaper than Miami (hotel,drinks,food,party favors) and it's just a beautiful setting on the Riveria Maya. You can take a couple days and hit ruins and swim in caves and zip line. Miami you can go to Overtown and Little Haiti.

Last edited by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-17-2015 at 22:26

Old Post Feb-17-2015 22:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rissinite
Supreme tranceaddict

Calderone playing the Loft for DC per Twitter

Old Post Feb-18-2015 01:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Rissinite Click here to Send Rissinite a Private Message Add Rissinite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

How bad do they pack in Space Terrace for WMC? Is it unbearable sardines or can you have a good time?

Old Post Feb-18-2015 02:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chillenandy321
PARTY!! 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
How bad do they pack in Space Terrace for WMC? Is it unbearable sardines or can you have a good time?

Last year from Drumcode it wasn't that bad actually. Seen worse other times..

Old Post Feb-18-2015 02:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chillenandy321 Click here to Send chillenandy321 a Private Message Visit chillenandy321's homepage! Add chillenandy321 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Franknbeanz420
Supreme tranceaddict

Ive not seen space super packed since WMC 2004 when I went to see Tiesto. Its been quite comfortable for me every year since

Old Post Feb-18-2015 02:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Franknbeanz420 Click here to Send Franknbeanz420 a Private Message Add Franknbeanz420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

I wish there were more names at WMC who weren't usual suspects of the touring circuit in the U.S.

Personally, I'd love to see Garnier and Babicz.

A lot of these guys who have announced parties travel through Miami during other times of the year. For us Floridians, it doesn't make much financial sense to splurge on this week unless you're either a) loaded or b) again, checking out guys and gals who don't venture this way often.

Sure, in North America, Miami is still the hub for dance music. But as was stated before, with the increasing popularity of this thing, there are more options scattered across more lands across the globe. Considering the expense and energy it takes keep up with the scene, people are of course going to narrow their options to the ones that present the most benefits for the right budget.

My two cents, anyways.

Old Post Feb-18-2015 03:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

BTW, I think it's messed up the Dynamic homies aren't coming to Miami.

Yea, they've had recent bookings there, but it definitely feels like a snub. As one of the premier/better-known labels in the world, they should have a presence.

Old Post Feb-18-2015 04:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

I wonder if Ultra not selling out has anything to do with parties announcing later.

I'm still in denial about Enter not happening so I'm going with Ultra made Enter take down their promo pic

Old Post Feb-18-2015 04:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats

Ehh ill be honest. For big shows like Pryda: PACKED. Until 430 or 5. Thins out a little. But the vibe is so good its still a great time. Just smoke a bowl or two and down some shots to take the edge off for a couple hours. At 6 am the vibe and crowd is great.

Old Post Feb-18-2015 04:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chillenandy321
PARTY!! 8-)

Bump top. Spam is crazy!

Old Post Feb-18-2015 12:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chillenandy321 Click here to Send chillenandy321 a Private Message Visit chillenandy321's homepage! Add chillenandy321 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (62): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMelodic song of 1999, help!!!! [2006] [14]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Virus - All Your Bass [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread