Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > DJ Jon Cockle - JOOF Editions 05/07/14
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

DJ Jon Cockle - JOOF Editions 05/07/14

My set from JOOF Editions, warming up for Mark Iliffe, Simon Patterson and the man himself. Slightly more groovey and housey than[ftp][/ftp] my normal style, due to the set time. Was a really great night

https://soundcloud.com/dj-jon-cockl...ighton-05-07-14

1. Amygdala - Runner Up
2. Ewan Rill - Duality (Loquai Remix)
3. Deepfunk - Talknig to You
4. Glen Frantz - 4A or 7B
5. Glen Franz - Belarus
6. Dax J - Odyssey
7. Sezer Uysal - Respire For Future (Rodskeez remix)
8. Frangellico - Tech Me to the Moon (Chris Fortier remix)
9. Envotion – Recoder (C-Jay Remix)
10. RPO vs. David Weed – Forgotten
11. DJ Nukem vs. Chab - Wanted

Old Post Jul-07-2014 22:22  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

YOU PLAYED WANTED?!

be mine

Old Post Jul-07-2014 23:16 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Really enjoyed this one mate! Nice and groovy throughout, and 'Wanted' is such a filthy track; I've always loved it. How'd it sound on a big system?

Old Post Jul-08-2014 05:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Really enjoyed this one mate! Nice and groovy throughout, and 'Wanted' is such a filthy track; I've always loved it. How'd it sound on a big system?

You would never guess it's 13 years old, it sounded absolutely massive and just as well produced as any of the new stuff

Old Post Jul-08-2014 07:43  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

Chugging along nicely to these beats.

Any plans for the JOOF Editions to do smaller nights in London town? Would like to get along to one for sure.

060 Windmill Sessions Redux
(lush beats)

Old Post Jul-08-2014 16:27  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Nicely done, Jon. This was very much in the vein of your style, with that "big" sound, heavy grooves and the trance vibes. Some of the parts with those overly reverb'd synth hits in tracks 5 and 6 got a little dry and repetitive to me, and the Frangellico remix seemed rather out of place but necessary I suppose when you're playing to a large crowd who might need a break once in a while

Still solid, I love how deep you are into the scene! I'd like to come to that side of the pond sometime for a show!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jul-08-2014 19:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Nicely done, Jon. This was very much in the vein of your style, with that "big" sound, heavy grooves and the trance vibes. Some of the parts with those overly reverb'd synth hits in tracks 5 and 6 got a little dry and repetitive to me, and the Frangellico remix seemed rather out of place but necessary I suppose when you're playing to a large crowd who might need a break once in a while

Still solid, I love how deep you are into the scene! I'd like to come to that side of the pond sometime for a show!

Thanks for the review mate!
Yea I started playing those more synthy tracks that you mention (I'd call them housey but everyone has a different definition) because it's classic stuff to get people moving. Those tunes actually sound a lot more banging on a system than they do in my bedroom - I found the deeper stuff worked better so hence that frangellico tune to get back to the more classic prog. Nice seeing you picked up on that

Hopefully you can make it over some time!

Old Post Jul-09-2014 07:23  United Kingdom
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sunsurge
Chugging along nicely to these beats.

Any plans for the JOOF Editions to do smaller nights in London town? Would like to get along to one for sure.

There aren't any plans to, but I thinnk we definately should! Brighton isn't too far from the big smoke though, you should come along

Old Post Jul-09-2014 11:29  United Kingdom

Jon has a point!

Just do what I did sunsurge... take a 1 hour train ride, complain the entire night while dancing, then take the morning train back while complaining.

I still don't know why I complained so much because it is SO easy in the UK

Old Post Jul-09-2014 20:37 
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Spike, I often drive down from London. I can neither confirm or deny whether Ill be at the next one, but there is the possibility of a lift there

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Jul-10-2014 12:32  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

quote:
Originally posted by djdk
Spike, I often drive down from London. I can neither confirm or deny whether Ill be at the next one, but there is the possibility of a lift there

Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for future events. Cheers man.

060 Windmill Sessions Redux
(lush beats)

Old Post Jul-15-2014 15:09  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Jon this mix was spot on. I really, really, really love it how you went a little closer to the prog I play in the beginning of this mix (first few tracks). Maybe that's why I liked it so much Also I definitely find more of a groove/swing in this mix than other opening sets you have played before. One thing though, I personally might have found Glen Frantz - 4A or 7B a tad too "big" maybe to play as a fourth track.

Too bad I couldn't have made it to more of your shows or a second recording going b2b with you! I'm sure we'll be meeting up one way or another though for a repeat performance xD

P.S. forgot to mention, Sezer Uysal - Respire For Future (Rodskeez remix) is awesome

Last edited by on Jul-15-2014 at 18:37

Old Post Jul-15-2014 18:15 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > DJ Jon Cockle - JOOF Editions 05/07/14
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEasy Prog Tune to ID [2003] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSultan & Tone Depth ft. Stephanie Vezina - "Broken" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread