Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > 6/23/2018 Dixon and DJ Tennis @ Gin Long Way (China Town) LA
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
galactic2154
Senior tranceaddict

They're now called Academy, no? Factory 93 is at another location.

BTW, I know this is not the right place for it but nobody on here anyways so I'll just share it. There was a guy named Darin here and looks like Seb Leger is giving a shoutout to him

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...&id=22828809088

Last edited by galactic2154 on May-02-2018 at 02:18

Old Post May-02-2018 02:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for galactic2154 Click here to Send galactic2154 a Private Message Add galactic2154 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by galactic2154
They're now called Academy, no? Factory 93 is at another location.

BTW, I know this is not the right place for it but nobody on here anyways so I'll just share it. There was a guy named Darin here and looks like Seb Leger is giving a shoutout to him

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...&id=22828809088

It could be called Academy. My friend was just talking to me about it in a casual conversation. Since factory 93 is more of branding, they may just be hosting it at the renovated venue.

As for the DJ, it sounds like Darin Epsilon who is a cool cat yo! Very nice guy and great producer/dj. Very progressive sound from the last time I heard him (years ago).

Old Post May-02-2018 15:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Interdasting.

So it seems Academy is doing mainly insomniac events with one or two dreamstate nights.

Lineups aren't terrible actually:

https://www.ticketfly.com/venue/27910-academy/

Old Post May-02-2018 21:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

ewww... looks like my buddy was all wrong considering the factory 93 events.

Old Post May-03-2018 14:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Factory 93 seems to be in the commercial area right next to downtown. But it's also owned by insomniac?

Wtf don't they own lol.

Old Post May-03-2018 23:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Factory 93 seems to be in the commercial area right next to downtown. But it's also owned by insomniac?

Wtf don't they own lol.

Love that space. Was at the outside area for Cox a few weeks ago. Great energy...passers by stopping on the overpass and the metro blarring it's horn on the way through. Haven't been inside to the warehouse yet.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post May-05-2018 16:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bstorm
Love that space. Was at the outside area for Cox a few weeks ago. Great energy...passers by stopping on the overpass and the metro blarring it's horn on the way through. Haven't been inside to the warehouse yet.

SORRY, WHAT?

Are you suggesting that carl Cox played LA a few weeks ago?

Old Post May-06-2018 16:41 
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
SORRY, WHAT?

Are you suggesting that carl Cox played LA a few weeks ago?

I certainly am. Played 2 sets actually. The after party at exchange. The outdoor show sold out in 25 mins.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post May-06-2018 18:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Oh for fucks sake.

I swear to god, as much I love him, I HATE Carl's website with a passion. It barely ever lists his tour dates in advance, and it still not listing him as played in LA.

Please provide deets of the night? How was exchange? I like the club but the crowd as mentioned above, always sucks there.

Old Post May-06-2018 18:41 
nima86
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Oh for fucks sake.

I swear to god, as much I love him, I HATE Carl's website with a passion. It barely ever lists his tour dates in advance, and it still not listing him as played in LA.

Please provide deets of the night? How was exchange? I like the club but the crowd as mentioned above, always sucks there.

https://mixing.dj/carl-cox-live-dj-...s-angeles-2018/

Old Post May-07-2018 14:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for nima86 Click here to Send nima86 a Private Message Add nima86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by nima86
https://mixing.dj/carl-cox-live-dj-...s-angeles-2018/

Yass. You are the man. Thanks for the hookup.

Old Post May-08-2018 15:16 
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

this is right around the corner. Anyone else going?

Old Post Jun-08-2018 19:22  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > 6/23/2018 Dixon and DJ Tennis @ Gin Long Way (China Town) LA
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksasha sample WMC 2005 #5... [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNexus 6 - "Tres Chic" (Commander Tom Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread