Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Inhuman Massacre [dark tech-trance]
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by Magadansky
P.S. Oh, and I disagree with the points that if you want to push this set further, you have to play some darkpsy.

Never said that. I merely mentioned darkpsy as a common example of where things tend to go when people take it further.

Old Post Aug-08-2011 15:41  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Vernon Wanderer
Listened today, guess what I was doing..

Cycling and Running are perfect excuses to listen to mixes

quote:
My only complaint is that the flow by the end could be better. Last 2-3 tracks didn't really live up to the rest, so that was a small turn-off. Nothing critical tho.

Fair enough. I like the PPS Project track a lot, but the last one is kinda tough to listen to imo. Like I said earlier, it was difficult to find tracks that really explored that energy that I was looking for and that the set deserved. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm happy to listen to them!

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
It's got this dark, cyber-punkish noir type thing to it - a creeping brutality that is very much the techno flavored answer to Deathklok; the fictional band of Adult Swim's Metalocolypse. It has all the charm of a debriding bath for severe burns along with enough wit to have it cued up for my girlfriend, who sometimes tends towards the darker, more brutal spheres of music, when she gets home from work, in half an hour. Well done.

That's quite an interesting way of putting it, I'm flattered that you considered it as the techno answer to Deathklok

I hope your lady friend enjoys it. PM me her thoughts if she listened

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
for some reason mate, the DL link isn't working, dno if it's my level of idiocy or if the link is down. Lemme know cause I was feeling some proper tech-trance today

You are right, my server was down for some odd reason. The link is working again now.

quote:
I have to agree with the points that it stays the same throughout but for hour and a little more long mix it doesnt need to go any further. A sound which is not very popular right now, or at least I am not in touch with, but which is very inspired by the shift from the happy goa vibe to the dark forest type.

You mixed it very well. Not flawlessly but without any significant mistakes. Truly, your mixing is getting better and better with each passing mix. Flow was perfect, there were bombs, there were bridge-tracks performing their task excellently. You even included one of my favorite tracks here - Thorazin by X-Dream.

Thank you very much, Mag. I always appreciate your listens. Yeah, it was such a small pool of artists/tracks to search through that I didn't find any tracks that really made my jaw drop. My mixing was pretty good for this set, I must admit. There was one transition I recall with a slight error but everything else was pretty in-line as far as flow was concerned.

quote:
P.S. Oh, and I disagree with the points that if you want to push this set further, you have to play some darkpsy. Not really - there are some old school dark goa tracks that can do wonders for that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BD2NsOMPAw or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COh3TdRq8Yc

Nice recommendations for dark goa, but I don't think they would have fit in this set, considering the bass levels and techy flavors that I had here.

Thanks to everybody who listened, I'm glad you all are enjoying it

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Aug-08-2011 16:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magadansky
Trees of Psychedelia

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Never said that. I merely mentioned darkpsy as a common example of where things tend to go when people take it further.

Yeah, you are right, I was writing without looking for quotes, only what I remembered from the thread.

And zip, I meant if you want to build a very long explosive set. I think these tracks might do wonders on the floor.

Samothrace Mysteries - An Oldschool Series

Like it dark? Click this!

Old Post Aug-08-2011 17:16  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for Magadansky Click here to Send Magadansky a Private Message Add Magadansky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Zip, finally managed to DL and give it a listen, had some spare time tonight (got yours and adam's mix in).

I had the mistake of listening to yours before going to bed, I think I'm gonna have nightmares. Wonderful set mate! Would love to hear this on a sound system, it would blow the roof off of anywhere.

Anyways, this is also going on my iPhone... some proper tech-trance finally. Cheers *beer-mug emoticon*

Old Post Aug-09-2011 03:16 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
And zip, I meant if you want to build a very long explosive set. I think these tracks might do wonders on the floor.

Maybe... but if I were to include those tracks, I think it would just have to be a completely different set entirely.

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Zip, finally managed to DL and give it a listen, had some spare time tonight (got yours and adam's mix in).

I had the mistake of listening to yours before going to bed, I think I'm gonna have nightmares. Wonderful set mate! Would love to hear this on a sound system, it would blow the roof off of anywhere.

Anyways, this is also going on my iPhone... some proper tech-trance finally. Cheers *beer-mug emoticon*

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, the lower end of this mix is pretty heavy, so I could see it thumping everyone's brains in a club. It sounded pretty intense on my system. Cheers indeed *raises beer mug*

Old Post Aug-09-2011 18:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magadansky
Trees of Psychedelia

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Maybe... but if I were to include those tracks, I think it would just have to be a completely different set entirely.

Work on it then. I'd love to hear a dark goa set.

Samothrace Mysteries - An Oldschool Series

Like it dark? Click this!

Old Post Aug-09-2011 21:08  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for Magadansky Click here to Send Magadansky a Private Message Add Magadansky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Did I miss this? Hmm. I love dark tech trance. Can you reup for me, por favor. DL link is dead.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Jul-24-2014 13:33  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I should really go through and update all my posts with their perma-links...

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=d...OYmZtamFHdVlEdw

Ignore the weird virus scan warning, I hate how Google does that.

Old Post Jul-24-2014 13:39 
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Thousand thanks.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Jul-24-2014 14:59  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Inhuman Massacre [dark tech-trance]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease id this one song "de la carton"? [2009] [6]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBig Black Boot - "Vibrate" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread