Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Piknic Elektronik 2012
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone that is slightly technical and cares about the output result knows that Vinyl/CDs with Traktor is utter crap.

Either you sync, or you go totally old school. The in between is for DJs with egos trying to prove they can beatmatch. But the result is always bad.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 17:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Traktor + CDJ 2000's is pretty fucking tight man

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

Maybe with 2000 I haven't tried it. But with the old ones it wasn't.

Anyway playing CDs is basically the same thing as sync. So if you want to prove anything, it's vinyl. And vinyl/Traktor is crap.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by b-ran
my .02: I'd take Nina trainwrecking a dance mania classic record ANY DAY over Dubfire's generic tech house that he plays in open airs while checking his e-mails.

this

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

I would take somebody that plays fantastic music AND doesn't trainwreck or check his emails. Why one or the other? ;-)

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:40 
b-ran
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
I would take somebody that plays fantastic music AND doesn't trainwreck or check his emails. Why one or the other? ;-)

hahaha +1

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for b-ran Click here to Send b-ran a Private Message Add b-ran to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
~*Stereohead*~
~*DeepChuggyTechyProg*~

^ true!

Afterhours is a state of mind, but significantly, it's more a state of 'I don't mind'. A determined continuation, contentment and relief that 'it ain't over yet!' An injection of music into attitude and occasion which creates an emotional wave forth that isolates globally, a ringing harmonic, a signal to a like-minded collective that 'we are only us'.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ~*Stereohead*~ Click here to Send ~*Stereohead*~ a Private Message Add ~*Stereohead*~ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
this

that

Old Post Apr-17-2012 18:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OkiDokie
A C M 1 P T

Art Department are hosting a beach party stage at Digital Dreams Fest in Toronto on the Canada day weekend....

I'm excited to see Nina, should make for a good chill out sunny afternoon.

+1 on Gui Boratto, it would be dope

quote:
Originally posted by shapes
No really there was blood, coming from my asshole.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 19:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for OkiDokie Click here to Send OkiDokie a Private Message Add OkiDokie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
crazydafy
tranceaddict

Has Borrato ever played in Mtl?

Old Post Apr-17-2012 19:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for crazydafy Click here to Send crazydafy a Private Message Add crazydafy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
acronym
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by crazydafy
Has Borrato ever played in Mtl?

A quick google search shows him having playing Mutek in 2007, Piknic in 2008, and Cabane A Sucre whenever that was (though that might just be the same thing as the Piknic gig). He was supposed to play Parking in 2010, but the gig might have been cancelled?

I just scanned the search results without opening anything, so there's definitely some clearer info out there.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 19:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for acronym Click here to Send acronym a Private Message Add acronym to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DarknessBrotha
Supreme tranceaddict

Dubfire opening no complaints there.....

Jamie Jones is a solid booking. Maceo plex....nice treat.
Miguel Migs would be very cool, perfect for the venue and setting....unlikely...but would love to see it. I thought about bringing him in for a recently for a private event amongst friends.

Looking forward to hearing some news.

Old Post Apr-17-2012 19:37  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for DarknessBrotha Click here to Send DarknessBrotha a Private Message Add DarknessBrotha to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Piknic Elektronik 2012
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackcan nobody id this or summin? [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFloorfilla - Sex Is Danger [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread