Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by spiderpig

Dude, relax. Not everyone likes the same thing and guess what? That is actually ok...

Old Post Apr-14-2011 17:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spiderpig
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Z
Okay lets be serious about this. If you want email on your tablet then you need internet, (ie. WiFi connection or 3G). If you have internet then you have gmail and hotmail and all the other wonderful web based emails that most of the world uses.

What do you want? Outlook based pull POP email client? Get real. It's 2011. (which you will probably be able to download as an app, for those hardliners)

LOL. This is truly amazing. Now you're trying to find excuses as to why RIM couldn't/didn't include a native email application in the Playbook. Bravo. Again, you have proved my point when I said RIM has gotten it's consumers used to mediocrity and fuck ups.

Email is one of RIM's strongest points and you're dismissing that by saying "oh everything is web based now, you can check emails that way". Ya no shit most people use web based email, but does that mean RIM is going to go away from their native email application on their devices?

Old Post Apr-14-2011 18:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for spiderpig Click here to Send spiderpig a Private Message Add spiderpig to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Dude, relax. Not everyone likes the same thing and guess what? That is actually ok...

No it isn't... Steve Jobs said so!

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Apr-14-2011 18:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
LOL. This is truly amazing. Now you're trying to find excuses as to why RIM couldn't/didn't include a native email application in the Playbook. Bravo. Again, you have proved my point when I said RIM has gotten it's consumers used to mediocrity and fuck ups.

Email is one of RIM's strongest points and you're dismissing that by saying "oh everything is web based now, you can check emails that way". Ya no shit most people use web based email, but does that mean RIM is going to go away from their native email application on their devices?

For whatever reasons it wasn't ready and they released the device thinking that it's better to wait. I don't see the problem with that. If it means you won't buy the Playbook then don't, but some people don't care.

Since you're being a whiney biatch about it though how bout this. Your attacking the Playbook because you believe integrated email should be on all RIM devices because it's one of their primary purposes right? What would you say about an iPhone's primary purpose? Making calls right? Now what if they released an unnamed device that happened to drop calls due to faulty antennae design? All devices have shortcomings and issues dude. If the Playbook isn't for you then don't buy one. But stop running around acting like the thing raped your mother or something, it's just a tablet...

Old Post Apr-14-2011 18:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
love_child
TA

Playbook is made for men not boys like Apple's iPad. Its a corporate toy so stop bashing it.

Old Post Apr-14-2011 18:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spiderpig
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
For whatever reasons it wasn't ready and they released the device thinking that it's better to wait. I don't see the problem with that. If it means you won't buy the Playbook then don't, but some people don't care.

Since you're being a whiney biatch about it though how bout this. Your attacking the Playbook because you believe integrated email should be on all RIM devices because it's one of their primary purposes right? What would you say about an iPhone's primary purpose? Making calls right? Now what if they released an unnamed device that happened to drop calls due to faulty antennae design? All devices have shortcomings and issues dude. If the Playbook isn't for you then don't buy one. But stop running around acting like the thing raped your mother or something, it's just a tablet...

First of all, not once, did I mention anything about Apple, the iPad and how it's high and mighty. So before you start going off and telling me what Apple's faults are, you need to step back, cause i know Apple has faults. That's not the issue here.

The main god damn point I was trying to make, and my opinions are shared with many, is that RIM dropped the ball on the Playbook. It's pretty simple. This is not just about the lack of an email application at launch, this is not about Apple's stupid antenna problem, this is about RIM rushing a product out cause they have been beaten in a race that started over a year ago.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you guys about who is better RIM or Apple. All i'm saying is this is not the way RIM intended to release their product, hell no. What bothers me the most is that they haven't learned from their mistakes. Again, look at the Storm series. They saw that the market for touch screen devices was getting red hot, what do they do? Rush out a ridiculously shit-tastic device that people wouldn't use if they got it for free, only to admit later down the road that they too, thought it was a shit phone, so they wanted to release another version to make it right.

Again, stop with the RIM vs Apple bullshit in here, cause that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a company who has not done a great job at releasing what is supposed to be, their cutting edge flagship product.

Old Post Apr-14-2011 19:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for spiderpig Click here to Send spiderpig a Private Message Add spiderpig to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

Nobody is trying to make it an Apple vs RIM thing here. We're highlighting faults of Apple (crappy products like Apple TV, problematic releases like the iphone 4 antennae issue) to illustrate that ALL companies do things like what you're bitching about. If the industry leader can do it obviously RIM will too so stop hating on a company for doing things that their peers do as well.

Also, I'm an iPhone user so the whole brainwashed RIM customer thing doesn't apply at all. I've used the Playbook though and will say it's impressive. It's definitely not a clear tablet winner but you have to admit they pushed the bar and set the standard in a couple areas with the device. That wasn't the case with the Storm so it doesn't compare.

Bottom line is you came into a BB thread to trash a RIM product. What did you think the response would be? Do me a favour, go trash something from Apple in the iPhone thread and see what the response is lol...

Old Post Apr-14-2011 20:44  Canada
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Nobody is trying to make it an Apple vs RIM thing here. We're highlighting faults of Apple (crappy products like Apple TV, problematic releases like the iphone 4 antennae issue) to illustrate that ALL companies do things like what you're bitching about. If the industry leader can do it obviously RIM will too so stop hating on a company for doing things that their peers do as well.

Also, I'm an iPhone user so the whole brainwashed RIM customer thing doesn't apply at all. I've used the Playbook though and will say it's impressive. It's definitely not a clear tablet winner but you have to admit they pushed the bar and set the standard in a couple areas with the device. That wasn't the case with the Storm so it doesn't compare.

Bottom line is you came into a BB thread to trash a RIM product. What did you think the response would be? Do me a favour, go trash something from Apple in the iPhone thread and see what the response is lol...

First off, Verizon pushed RIM into releasing the Storm because the Iphone was on AT&T, yes tghey shouldnt have done so but when your largest reseller pushes on you you bend.

With regards to the Playboko I love how people pick on the one bad thing which I don;t even think is a bad thing. So you have to bridge your Balckberry to your device, or log in through web. You don't need a seperate data connection from the carrier.

So it's not engineered towards people who don't have Blackberries right away, so what, those are the douches who put Blackberry down from a device standpoint anyway. This device was first to be manufactuered for business, you have a BB then BAM you have your email on it, relax, every first release isnt perfect, pretty sure any other tablet out then when first released had it's issues, hell Ipad couldnt even have two apps open at the same time!

RIM didn't drop the ball and to state that is complete dissillusion, they just didn't include one thing, which of course everyone dwells on. I don't get why the world hates Blackberry, they aren't going anywhere soon and will be strong moving forward.

Plus you need to relax, its a new OS and they are high on security so they want to make sure nobody can get at your email, unlike other open source products out there

Old Post Apr-14-2011 20:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

quote:
First of all, not once, did I mention anything about Apple, the iPad and how it's high and mighty. So before you start going off and telling me what Apple's faults are, you need to step back, cause i know Apple has faults. That's not the issue here.

You started the argument by involving the iPad. "This product is not even near complete and you're already saying Fuck you iPad."

quote:

The main god damn point I was trying to make, and my opinions are shared with many, is that RIM dropped the ball on the Playbook. It's pretty simple. This is not just about the lack of an email application at launch, this is not about Apple's stupid antenna problem, this is about RIM rushing a product out cause they have been beaten in a race that started over a year ago.

This opinion not shared by many! They consciously chose to not include the email application. Just like how apple consciously chose to not include Flash in iOS. There are reasons for both. No rushing involved.

quote:
I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you guys about who is better RIM or Apple. All i'm saying is this is not the way RIM intended to release their product, hell no. What bothers me the most is that they haven't learned from their mistakes. Again, look at the Storm series. They saw that the market for touch screen devices was getting red hot, what do they do? Rush out a ridiculously shit-tastic device that people wouldn't use if they got it for free, only to admit later down the road that they too, thought it was a shit phone, so they wanted to release another version to make it right.

Yes Storm was rushed, and the Playbook wasn't. Just because one happened doesn't mean the other happened the same way. You have no clue what happened on the inside.

Old Post Apr-14-2011 21:06  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spiderpig
Senior tranceaddict

Can we have an Apple and RIM party, hold hands and hug each other?

Old Post Apr-14-2011 21:37  Canada
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
So, 7 months AFTER announcement of product, and STILL missing key functionality at release isn't dropping the ball? Awesome.

I think you're better off buying a mapple and then buying another one the next year that 'fixed' things that were 'left out' and then repeating it for years on end....

...oh and being forced to use mytunes to deal with it

Old Post Apr-15-2011 05:07  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
But stop running around acting like the thing raped your mother or something, it's just a tablet...

Old Post Apr-16-2011 20:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTwo absolutely mindblowing TUNES!! [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRicky Le Roy - Under The Sea [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread