Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Spam
OMG Hai2U!

quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
I didn't watch last night's card, but Jones looked solid from the clips I've seen.

He's definitely not unbeatable, though. Nobody is. I mean, I thought Machida was unbeatable and look how that's turned out. I look forward to Jones' next few fights.

Part of what makes MMA so great is that all it takes is one lucky punch to beat the "unbeatable". But there ARE dominate fighters, and I have a feeling Jones is one of them.

Bullshit.
Those forces combine to create a soaking, boiling mudstorm on Valentine's Day.

Old Post Mar-20-2011 19:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spam Click here to Send Spam a Private Message Add Spam to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

He's pretty damn good. No denying that.

Old Post Mar-20-2011 19:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

quote:
Originally posted by Spam
It didn't look to me like Jones was gassed at all.

Actually, to me it looked like he was pacing himself to avoid that exact issue later in the fight.

I dunno who's going to beat him at that weight class, but I have a feeling it's going to have to be a really entertaining fight when he loses. Maybe Anderson Silva will move up and show Jones how it's done.

He was drained enough that, had he been forced to do something other than lay on top of Shogun, or dodge useless charges, he would have been in trouble. He did do a very good job of conserving energy,as he was still able to go into his short, crazy bursts of strength, but when they were on the mat toward the end of the fight, you could see he was tiring. The problem is that the only way to use that to your advantage is to constantly put pressure on him, which puts you at more risk than it does with other fighters.

He's not unbeatable, but I can't think of a guy who could win a decision against him. Rashad certainly isn't it. Unless the rest of that card is great, I probably won't even bother watching.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Mar-20-2011 22:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

Thumbs up

I thought for sure they were throwing Jones to the wolves when Rashad had to back out. But he took this fight seriously and came through in a major way. I was REALLY impressed. I like his style, too: he is not overly cocky and just comes in and does what he needs to do......(And to think, this was his second fight of the day after tackling a Newark crackhead in the parking lot!) Shouts to mah boy from Roch-cha-cha, he definitely did his thing and I look forward to his future fights!

Old Post Mar-21-2011 00:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter

The only guy who really impressed me was Jim Miller.

Yeah, that dude is a fiesty little f*cker.

Side note: Jim Jones' reach is taller than the entire length of my body from head to toe.....holy hell batman!

Old Post Mar-21-2011 01:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

Rashad is gonna get killed.

Old Post Mar-21-2011 01:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Renzo Click here to Send Renzo a Private Message Add Renzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spam
OMG Hai2U!

quote:
Originally posted by shaw
He was drained enough that, had he been forced to do something other than lay on top of Shogun, or dodge useless charges, he would have been in trouble. He did do a very good job of conserving energy,as he was still able to go into his short, crazy bursts of strength, but when they were on the mat toward the end of the fight, you could see he was tiring. The problem is that the only way to use that to your advantage is to constantly put pressure on him, which puts you at more risk than it does with other fighters.

He's not unbeatable, but I can't think of a guy who could win a decision against him. Rashad certainly isn't it. Unless the rest of that card is great, I probably won't even bother watching.

Fair enough. But he certainly wasn't in danger of pulling a Shane Carwin or anything either

Bullshit.
Those forces combine to create a soaking, boiling mudstorm on Valentine's Day.

Old Post Mar-21-2011 01:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spam Click here to Send Spam a Private Message Add Spam to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renzo
where am i

Couture and Machida should be good - as well as Jose Aldo fighting in the UFC for the first time.

And GSP is GSP. Riddum.

Old Post Apr-28-2011 19:30 
VDub
Scoundrel

Anybody going??

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 00:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

gyeah boy.

wanna have a beer vdub? you're paying.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 15:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
gyeah boy.

wanna have a beer vdub? you're paying.

Yah.... Of course...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Apr-29-2011 22:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

damn I haven't been this excited for a UFC card in a WHILE!

Please GSP...don't be boring...go JAKE!!!!

Old Post Apr-29-2011 23:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLange - Follow Me (ID remix) [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMadoka - "Temperamental" [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread