Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
I'd give it an 81%, because of how intriguing the plot is, but I completely understand why rotten tomatoes gave it a 74%.

You do understand what Rotten Tomatoes scores mean, don't you?

Old Post Jun-08-2012 18:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GoSpeedGo!
no more Mr. Nice Guy

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
people saying its slow is making me more eager to actually watch it, could be scott going back to his Blade Runner days.

It's not really slow, don't believe anyone saying that. It's a poorly scripted blockbuster with a confusing plot/character motivations and I guess that's where the "it's boring/slow" comments come from.

It's visually/thematically interesting, but nowhere near Scott's classic films.

Old Post Jun-08-2012 18:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for GoSpeedGo! Click here to Send GoSpeedGo! a Private Message Add GoSpeedGo! to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

quote:
Originally posted by GoSpeedGo!
It's not really slow, don't believe anyone saying that. It's a poorly scripted blockbuster with a confusing plot/character motivations and I guess that's where the "it's boring/slow" comments come from.

It's visually/thematically interesting, but nowhere near Scott's classic films.

ahhh makes sense. BTW you would be interested in this based on the stuff you see post in the movie recommendations thread, im going to see this gem tonight on the big screen in la:

Celine and Julie Go Boating

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Jun-08-2012 18:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GoSpeedGo!
no more Mr. Nice Guy

Oh, right. Rivette. Have yet to see this one, it's supposed to be a bit of an overlooked gem.

Old Post Jun-08-2012 19:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for GoSpeedGo! Click here to Send GoSpeedGo! a Private Message Add GoSpeedGo! to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Indubitably, what a positively *delightful* little nugget of a gem it is! Truly a delicious little number that is just *criminally* underrated! hmm-HMM! *lightly pinches his pencil-thin moustachio while deliberately splaying pinky finger upward*

Old Post Jun-08-2012 19:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

I felt that David was one of the most progressive / unique portrayals of artificial intelligence that I've ever seen. Along with the film's premise, it's part of what I thought held the movie together.

Had the film not been advertised as one that was exciting I would've been content with the relatively sparse occurrence of action sequences. 'Moon' for example, was an excellent film in which not much action was to be expected. Prometheus was a let-down, in that regard.

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
You do understand what Rotten Tomatoes scores mean, don't you?

They probably reflect whether or not a particular film was shallow and pedantic.

Old Post Jun-08-2012 21:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GoSpeedGo!
no more Mr. Nice Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Blake
I felt that David was one of the most progressive / unique portrayals of artificial intelligence that I've ever seen.

Indeed, and it is also ironic that he (an android) is the most fleshed out character and all the humans are mostly two-dimensional. I like to see it as a part of the film's statement about creators and their creations. Basically, David is more human than the people that made him, just like the bioweapons/monsters are even stronger than the Engineers.

Old Post Jun-08-2012 21:27 

I've always liked Fassbender. Can't wait to see him in this film

And no, it was not because I saw his penis in Shame.

Old Post Jun-08-2012 21:32 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

So, have they done a Prometheus episode of South Park yet?

Old Post Jun-08-2012 22:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

Just came back from cinema. It was good, but it felt like it borrowed a bit from X-Files (I won't mention which part) and the ending left a lot of questions.

Old Post Jun-08-2012 23:11  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by GoSpeedGo!
Indeed, and it is also ironic that he (an android) is the most fleshed out character and all the humans are mostly two-dimensional. I like to see it as a part of the film's statement about creators and their creations. Basically, David is more human than the people that made him, just like the bioweapons/monsters are even stronger than the Engineers.

So bladerunner.

I haven't seen this yet, but hope to in the next few weeks.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 03:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moongoose
Supreme tranceaddict

Dont know if i should go and see this as the reviews range from "simply brilliant" to "complete garbage". The one thing most people seem to agree with are that the visials are great bus as with video games im not a graphics whore so i dont really care about that. Also, apparently Charlize Theron pulls of a very convincing Seamus Aran cosplay in the movie...but im not a horny 16 year old either so thats not really a good reason to go and see the movie.

Old Post Jun-09-2012 15:04  Slovenia
Click Here to See the Profile for Moongoose Click here to Send Moongoose a Private Message Add Moongoose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPiet Blank Song [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul van Dyk - Nothing but You (feat. Hemstock & Jennings) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread