Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Possible Miami in March Killer
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Gryphon

Possible Miami in March Killer

This could be the what puts the final nail in the Coffin for Miami in March. They have no qualms about it that they are going after the Miami clientle.

If I wasn't going to amsterdam the following week I would be checking this out.

Phase 1: The phase one lineup for the inaugural festival is looking strong, with Jamie Jones, Dubfire, DJ Tennis, Lee Burridge, Adriatique, Thugfucker, Blond:ish, Francesca Lombardo and Psychemagik all confirmed.

SXMusic Festival

Old Post Nov-17-2015 21:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chillenandy321
PARTY!! 8-)

Wow this looks very bad ass!!

Old Post Nov-17-2015 23:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chillenandy321 Click here to Send chillenandy321 a Private Message Visit chillenandy321's homepage! Add chillenandy321 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

Ultra/WMC week is so heavy on EDM i don't see much impact. looks fun though!

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Nov-18-2015 01:27  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
Ultra/WMC week is so heavy on EDM i don't see much impact. looks fun though!

Here's where the issue comes in.... You can't group Ultra and WMC together because they aren't together

March 15 to 18 Ultra/MMW
March 21 to 24 WMC

We know if you're doing business these days you're probably going to skip WMC and go to IMS or ADE.

Does Ultra have the drawing power to bring in the number of people every single year to keep Miami relevant?

Last edited by Donnie Gryphon on Nov-18-2015 at 13:55

Old Post Nov-18-2015 13:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BPM_PHL
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
Here's where the issue comes in.... You can't group Ultra and WMC together because they aren't together

March 15 to 18 Ultra/MMW
March 21 to 24 WMC

We know if you're doing business these days you're probably going to skip WMC and go to IMS or ADE.

Does Ultra have the drawing power to bring in the number of people every single year to keep Miami relevant?

I think so. It's the second biggest event in the US in my eyes and there's still a large group of party people who don't travel abroad.

Old Post Nov-18-2015 14:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BPM_PHL Click here to Send BPM_PHL a Private Message Add BPM_PHL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL
there's still a large group of party people who don't travel abroad.

morons.

Old Post Nov-18-2015 15:45  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon

March 15 to 18 Ultra/MMW
March 21 to 24 WMC

I think WMC's relevance is over now scheduling outside of MMW/Ultra week... you can ignore that I mentioned WMC in my prior post.

the clubber that would consider going to St. Maarten for a few days for some good underground djs is very different (for the most part) from those going to Ultra.

don't get me wrong this new party looks cool... just saying I see no meaningful impact on MMW parties.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Nov-18-2015 19:20  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
I think WMC's relevance is over now scheduling outside of MMW/Ultra week... you can ignore that I mentioned WMC in my prior post.

the clubber that would consider going to St. Maarten for a few days for some good underground djs is very different (for the most part) from those going to Ultra.

don't get me wrong this new party looks cool... just saying I see no meaningful impact on MMW parties.

So what you're saying is the underground artists aren't coming for MMW only WMC the following week?

I can tell you now that's just not true. I've just lost bookings for that week because of this event.

Old Post Nov-18-2015 20:02 
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL
I think so. It's the second biggest event in the US in my eyes and there's still a large group of party people who don't travel abroad.

MMW/WMC/Ultra all relied heavily on European dollars and with the resurgence of the $ vs. the Euro, those european are looking for other places where their Euro goes a lot further, places like Mexico where every Euro = 18 pesos or Saint Martin where you can use euros depending which side of the island your on or convert to the ANG where every euro you're getting 2ANG.

I just don't see the massive support coming for just a party week considering the plethora of options around or near the same exact time in locations the exponentially cheaper than Miami.

Old Post Nov-18-2015 20:09 
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

I don't think it's just Ultra that brings people to Miami for WMC/MMW. The boat parties, pool parties, non-stop events at all sorts of clubs, etc are a big draw. Honestly I thought MMW was pretty damn busy this past March. Maybe MMW won't draw as much as it used to, but it isn't going to cease being relevant any time soon.

As a Floridian, I love MMW. Don't need to spend $$$ on flights and extensive traveling to get a festival or series of events at an overseas hotspot. To me it really is up there with the big-time European events and festivals. Don't really get all the hate for the one major event each year that us Floridians have in our back yard. ADE is great but outside of Awakenings, I thought the venues were kinda lacking. Don't get me wrong, it's a great week long party as well but let's be honest, some of the venues and parties are wildly inconsistent.

I'm actually looking forward to checking out Amsterdam again in the summer time, and going to one of their outdoor mini festivals that they seem to have every weekend. ADE in October is dreary with the rain, 50 degree weather, and early nightfall.

Old Post Nov-18-2015 20:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
morons.

Considering how cheap it is to get to Europe right now.

Old Post Nov-18-2015 20:10 
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Another thought: even if other events are taking away DJs from MMW, the electronic music universe is so big that I don't think venues will have a hard time coming up with another lineup. MMW is a proven money-maker and if DJ XYZ isn't coming because he's got a gig elsewhere, he will be replaced by another DJ who's just as good. Who knows, maybe it'll lead to more interesting and rare lineups and parties. Some of the best shows I've been to have been the DJs that I have often overlooked...

Old Post Nov-18-2015 20:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Possible Miami in March Killer
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLuke Fair ID [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackK90 - Genetik [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread