Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by RebeL9
Yeah I know but what does that got to do with it? It's still eurodance and far more closer the typical ASOT stuff than the trance of the mid 90s. I remember all the early 90s eurodance since I listened to it myself when I was younger. I never associated it with trance back then. It was called eurodance and nothing else even back then.

Exactly the same for me. Point was that SYSTEM-J said:

quote:

It's not even that I disagree with you about the idea that most modern trance is basically Euro-dance without the rapping.

Hmm, then probably he meant Eurodance of the 3th generation which didn't have rap, where I thought he meant Eurodance if you leave the rapping away. My fault then? A lot of space for misinterpretation in that line I think.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Jan-14-2010 at 22:04

Old Post Jan-14-2010 21:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

quote:
than it is to this trance track from 1994:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2yP5_IxPQ
or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlOmaKnTsI

I find it funny discogs labels Point Zero as techno. Because if released now it would probably go as just that, due to todays trance being so far off.

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Old Post Jan-14-2010 22:02  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Redd
I find it funny discogs labels Point Zero as techno. Because if released now it would probably go as just that, due to todays trance being so far off.

Gat Decor - Passion is labelled as House, Garage House at Discogs. Yet you can find it at John 00 Fleming - The History Of Trance. That even doesn't have anything to do with todays trance. EDM is the best label

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-14-2010 22:08  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-MB
Gat Decor - Passion is labelled as House, Garage House at Discogs. Yet you can find it at John 00 Fleming - The History Of Trance.

As also shown by his latest compilation where he put FSOL - Papa New Guinea, he tends to not keep strictly to trance on these releases. Discogs' description is much much more accurate. J00F is by no means an authority when it comes to genres.

edit: but with all that said; the other tracks on his latest comp IS a much better definition of trance than whats on ASOT etc. these days

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Last edited by Redd on Jan-14-2010 at 22:22

Old Post Jan-14-2010 22:16  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
IMO you generalized a bit too much.

In my opinion you're an absolute fucking idiot who's starting yet another rambling tangential argument in this thread for no discernible fucking reason. I don't give a fuck what you think about either trance or euro because you lack the capacity to think anything worthwhile about either.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-15-2010 00:12  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
floyd741
addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
In my opinion you're an absolute fucking idiot who's starting yet another rambling tangential argument in this thread for no discernible fucking reason. I don't give a fuck what you think about either trance or euro because you lack the capacity to think anything worthwhile about either.

and he likes scooter

Old Post Jan-15-2010 13:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for floyd741 Click here to Send floyd741 a Private Message Add floyd741 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
saluyamo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I would say that this eurodance track;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0M703prHw4

is closer to to this modern day trance track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Gt2D5mbrU

than it is to this trance track from 1994:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2yP5_IxPQ
or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlOmaKnTsI

wow. The Source Experience - Point Zero is amazing.

Old Post Jan-15-2010 13:33  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for saluyamo Click here to Send saluyamo a Private Message Add saluyamo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

quote:
Originally posted by saluyamo
wow. The Source Experience - Point Zero is amazing.

Yeah Robert Leiner was one of the finest trance producers of the early days. Releasing great stuff on R & S Records. He released two progressive tracks on Spiral Trax in 2003 and have since then gone on to producing techno. A very anonymous guy indeed. Point Zero is IMO one of the best tracks of the 90s. It's amazing how fresch it sounds even though it got 16 years on it's neck.

Old Post Jan-15-2010 13:47  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Tell me: Why do you react as a little child then, and act like you do care? You even haven't the decency to give a normal answer and you even didn't consider a misinterpretation of my side. Take an example to Rebel9. Although we often have a different views discussion stay at a normal level.

I gave an reaction on your opinion which had a lot of space for misinterpretation and you react on the comment as if a bee stack you.
If you weren't the idiot you could have tried to make it clear like is normal in discussions. Meanwhile it's still not clear what you really meant.

Count the "fucks" and "stupids" in you answers man....

Old Post Jan-15-2010 19:41  Netherlands
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and I care only about your knuckle-headed misinterpretations and fuzzy-headed ramblings across the topic which quote my posts, misrepresent them, misunderstand them and demand answers to stupid questions.

I used to forgive your incessant idiocy on the grounds you probably don't speak good English, but I've long since realised that you're a clown in any language. Every time there's a thread on trance any sane and rational discussion is derailed by your presence.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-15-2010 20:23  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

That's the point, maybe they aren't sane and rational, but your too stubborn to think anything else. So many people bring opinions as if they are facts and things are black or white. But in reality most are grey.

Old Post Jan-15-2010 21:04  Netherlands
Schadenfreude
Bird is the word.

Location: Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa- Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-

quote:

+1

Whooooooo Hawwwww Whoooooo Hawwwww. - Busta Rhymes 3:16

www.soundcloud.com/le-freak

Le Freak - Funk for Cows (pure fat bitch haus..click and free wet naps.)

Old Post Jan-15-2010 21:05  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for Schadenfreude Click here to Send Schadenfreude a Private Message Add Schadenfreude to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI need help with id [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhiteroom - "Whiteroom" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread