Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What's new in your crate? [physical/virtual]
Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply

Honestly I do it because I like doing it lol. Of all the times I do dollar crate digging (like once every month), I don't mind it at all. If I help one person by discovering a new release, then why not. I mean I gotta do something while listening to all of them right? Might as well catalogue them

Old Post Nov-16-2014 03:24 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Honestly I do it because I like doing it lol. Of all the times I do dollar crate digging (like once every month), I don't mind it at all. If I help one person by discovering a new release, then why not. I mean I gotta do something while listening to all of them right? Might as well catalogue them

Good man.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Nov-16-2014 04:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by 2techs
plus there's no fucking way you're finding some of the shit he's buying in local dollar bins.

If you click on some of his purchases, they're generally listed for sale from $0.20 to $2.49. Not exactly breaking the bank here.

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Honestly I do it because I like doing it lol. Of all the times I do dollar crate digging (like once every month), I don't mind it at all. If I help one person by discovering a new release, then why not.

I'm glad when people do that, and I try to do the same, whether or not I acquired something through Discogs.

quote:
I mean I gotta do something while listening to all of them right? Might as well catalogue them

I used to just lay on my back, eyes occasionally closed, listening to a record with undivided attention. Sometimes I'd get impatient, cos I felt like I couldn't do anything until it ended.

Old Post Nov-16-2014 05:07  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

It's just a matter of looking through sellers to find a good wantlist and don't be afraid to make them an offer when ordering a good sum. Most people I find are happy to get whatever money and extra space.

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Nov-16-2014 07:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah, I think you can haggle 80-90% of sellers down as long as your offer is reasonable.

Old Post Nov-17-2014 12:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I haven't bought a batch of records in several years now, but I would always send a seller a message if they had multiple I wanted. Could usually get some sort of discount, or a few records from my want-list thrown in for free, etc. Most people on Discogs (that I've dealt with) have been quite friendly.

Old Post Nov-17-2014 19:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

quote:
Originally posted by 2techs
doesn't that take forever to do? I add to my discogs collection as well, but wtf is the point in hyperlinking every release when no ones going to care to click 'em anyway? good for you I guess.

and when it comes to some of Tsunami's records, there's no way you're going to find some of those records from Europe in Colorado, let alone North America

do you think a "share your purchase on tranceaddict.com forums what's new in your crate" button appears when you buy at discogs? why would purchasing something on discogs generate a hyperlink ready for forum sharing?

Old Post Nov-18-2014 07:50  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Tsunami
Supreme tranceaddict

I do find 60% of my records at local record stores, but I do get the rest on Discogs and as for the hyperlinking, I do it just for the hell of it, I really don't care if people click on them or not. As for my income, I do save up a little every week and also pay the bills

As for a collection update:

CD:

Various - Dream Dance 25 [Sony Music Media]

Vinyl:

Aurora feat. Naimee Coleman - Ordinary World [Groovilicious]
B-Zed - In Love With U [Additive]
Baby Bumps - I Got This Feeling [Radikal]
Cevin Fisher - Love You Some More [Subversive]
Cevin Fisher - Loving You (When It Comes To) (Bini & Martini Remixes) [Subversive]
Dee Dee - The One [Robbins]
Divine Inspiration - The Way (Put Your Hand In My Hand) [Data]
Funkryders - Woman Of Angels [Manifesto]
Innate - Changes [Platipus]
Jakatta - American Dream (Remixes) [Rulin]
New Phunk Theory - Colours Of The Night [Airtight]
New Yorker Soul feat. Shawnee Taylor - Do What You Want To Do [Subliminal]
Que Pasa - Dream On [Manifesto]
Rhythm Of Life - You Put Me In Heaven With Your Touch [Xtravaganza]
Roland Klinkenberg - Inner Laugh [Lost Language]
Silvio Ecomo - Standing (Disc One) [Hooj]

Last edited by DJ Tsunami on Nov-20-2014 at 00:56

Old Post Nov-18-2014 19:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Tsunami Click here to Send DJ Tsunami a Private Message Visit DJ Tsunami's homepage! Add DJ Tsunami to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by lacksesepsotygh
do you think a "share your purchase on tranceaddict.com forums what's new in your crate" button appears when you buy at discogs? why would purchasing something on discogs generate a hyperlink ready for forum sharing?

Hey I didn't mean to stir up trouble. I was just having a bad day.

Old Post Nov-19-2014 00:26  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kyl33
tranceaddict in training

I haven't really bought a dance record, but rather pop ones. The dance records I knew of weren't really worth my time. The most recent purchase made was a dance record though: THE NIGHTDAY EP by Zhu. It's deep house. My favorite record this year by far.

Old Post Nov-23-2014 05:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kyl33 Click here to Send kyl33 a Private Message Add kyl33 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Aphex Twin - Syro [Warp Records]
Evigt Mörker ‎– 2 [Evigt Mörker]
Atom™ ‎– Ground Loop [The Bunker New York]
Jeremiah R. - Underwater Title [Tabernacle Records]
WaWuWe ‎– WaWuWe 001 [WaWuWe]
DJ October - Gate 2 Yesterday [Skudge Presents]
Ghostek ‎– The Morning After / 2.5 Miles Abyss [Deep Sound Channel]

Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Nov-29-2014 05:13  United States
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

Just been given about 6 crates of classic club tunes... way too much to list here but pretty fucking happy about that! Motivated me to get the techs out to go through them and perhaps get a new mix together.

Old Post Nov-29-2014 07:33  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What's new in your crate? [physical/virtual]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from 2003 [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMojado feat. Mr. Sam - "Naranja" (Dimitri Andreas Vision Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread