Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > new Deadmau5 article says he makes/is House music not Electronic + makes fun Dj Sneak
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

I think it's a good tune + the lyrics/video match

As for the ranting, who cares? It's entertainment. There are enough ppl on TA who tell me to fuck off and I'm usually like "lol, ok? whatever" - until it gets personal and then I pull out my Diginut dictionary/thesaurus and go all apeshit.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jul-06-2012 14:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Just trying to say 2 things.

-mau5 has changed his music in favour of what the mainstream folks want to hear just as much as the people he's calling out.

-End of the day who cares about him or any of the others? Nobody is forcing anyone to listen to their music, go to their shows, or listen to their rants. So if any of it bugs you, then don't.

Sorry if either of those came off as trolling...

to your first point above, the reason i asked is because the two tracks you referenced are, to me anyway, basically the same. if you stripped the vocal off the 2nd one its not really any cheesier than the first. similar patches, similar sound, similar drums...no? to me its like referencing "someday" vs "this is how you remind me" as an example that nickel back has "gone commercial" over time. sure they're two albums apart but the songs are more or less identical. just because the band/artist is more commercially successful when the 2nd one comes out it doesn't inherently make their music "more commercial".

as to the 2nd part of your post i think you might have me confused with someone else. nothing about deadmau5 or his tunes "bugs" me. i couldn't give two poops, personally. i am just simply having a civilized discussion (you know...points, counterpoints) with some (presumably) like-minded people about his music and how its perceived.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 14:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bcope Click here to Send bcope a Private Message Visit bcope's homepage! Add bcope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bcope
to your first point above, the reason i asked is because the two tracks you referenced are, to me anyway, basically the same. if you stripped the vocal off the 2nd one its not really any cheesier than the first. similar patches, similar sound, similar drums...no? to me its like referencing "someday" vs "this is how you remind me" as an example that nickel back has "gone commercial" over time. sure they're two albums apart but the songs are more or less identical. just because the band/artist is more commercially successful when the 2nd one comes out it doesn't inherently make their music "more commercial".

as to the 2nd part of your post i think you might have me confused with someone else. nothing about deadmau5 or his tunes "bugs" me. i couldn't give two poops, personally. i am just simply having a civilized discussion (you know...points, counterpoints) with some (presumably) like-minded people about his music and how its perceived.

That's why I was kind of starting off with agree to disagree, cause just saying imo I think he has changed his sound. Ultimately it's all opinion I just thought I'd toss mine out too.

Second part wasn't directed to you at all sorry about that. It was more so in regards to the people that get all bothered by the mainstream DJ's music and rants going around, including deadmau5 himself in calling out his peers on doing more or less the same as he does. Until someone is being forced to do something they don't want or it's becoming detrimental to their quality of life through no choice of their own then I really don't see a point in making a fuss about it.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 15:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

this is what it sounds like when doves cry

Old Post Jul-06-2012 15:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bcope Click here to Send bcope a Private Message Visit bcope's homepage! Add bcope to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
actually joey youngman is a better example, cause kaskade was fairly successful commercially even before he started making the absolute shite that he makes now. now, none of us here can begin to know joey youngman's motive for making the move from the stuff he used to make to the wolfgang gartner alias, but like...something caused that. the question exists and can be asked, right? was he wanting to "spread his musical wings" or was he maybe seeing disco/deep house as a dead end, with a diminishing DJ schedule and maybe a new mortgage etc to worry about...looking at the "electro" house wave that was rising and the fat paycheques that were going along with it and saying to himself "id like some of that"

i spoke to someone that knows him and was told that he really hates the music he does now as wolfgang gartner, he just does it because he can and it makes him enough money after years of hustling making underground music as joey youngman..

Old Post Jul-06-2012 16:13  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

if you make music like this, no way in hell you can like shit you make as wolfgang gartner lol

Old Post Jul-06-2012 16:18  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

i don't know...there are lots of people out there with some really varied taste making some *really* varied stuff.

you know peter horrevorts? go listen to the oliver shine stuff on beatport. same dude.

happens all the time'

edit" not saying what you're saying isn't true (because it totally could be) just saying that its not always that cut and dried. there are just some people who like lots of different stuff all at the same time.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 17:00  Canada
MSZ
godspeed

lol

Old Post Jul-06-2012 17:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

the guy that did the rex the dog stuff used to do stuff as JX on hooj choons way back in the day. doesn't get much different than that.

he went the other way, too. from giant arena anthems (top 20 hit in the UK) to weird, quirky slow italo disco type stuff

Old Post Jul-06-2012 17:05  Canada
MSZ
godspeed

my dog rex just died, thats not cool

Old Post Jul-06-2012 17:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
the guy that did the rex the dog stuff used to do stuff as JX on hooj choons way back in the day. doesn't get much different than that.

he went the other way, too. from giant arena anthems (top 20 hit in the UK) to weird, quirky slow italo disco type stuff

Look at the new ep from groove armada, nothing like the shit they used to put out, proper house tunage

Old Post Jul-06-2012 17:13  Russia
bcope
Supreme tranceaddict

hehe go back and look up some of the old Qattara, beat foundation and Big C stuff on youtube. super flaming hands in the air piano stuff and tall bro that is 1/2 of groove armada was involved in all of those

even when he was making radio pop with GA he was always djing pretty good tunes. i saw him at space one night a few years ago and he melted my face off.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 17:35  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > new Deadmau5 article says he makes/is House music not Electronic + makes fun Dj Sneak
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPerry O'Neil ID EE Episode 012 [2006] [6]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDB Boulevard - Point Of View (Quivver Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread