Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > 12/29/2017 - Sasha and Digweed at The Midway (SF)
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Ugh. Solomun event or a Sasha & Diggers event? What's wrong with people.

I truly don't get the appeal of Solomun. Every set I've seen has been the crappiest trend based stuff with mixing that my 14 year old self would giggle at.

I've got a feeling it's like the whole Nice Guy/Delilah/Bootsey Bellows where the promoters pay girls to be at the venue and create a whole IG shit fest.

Old Post Dec-16-2017 19:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Solomun is pretty good when you catch him doing his "thing". A 2 hour set at a massive (like the Paladium) isn't his thing. He only drops the massive "undergound", bass heavy tracks. But when you catch him doing a 4+ hour set at a more intimate venue, It's AWESOME! My friends got to catch him at Space Miami last weekend on the Terrace and he played for something like 12 hours. "The man is a machine" is was the reply I got from them while leaving at 6:30PM. "And he's still going" (he started playing around 7AM that Sunday.

I guess to sum him up, He plays cool tracks. Nothing like a voyage that Sasha, Diggers or Dixon would take you on. But just fun. Upbeat, dark shit with some classics every now and then.

edit*

Sasha and Digweed > Solomun
Dixon > Solomun

Sasha and Digweed = Dixon

Old Post Dec-18-2017 17:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nima86
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Solomun is pretty good when you catch him doing his "thing". A 2 hour set at a massive (like the Paladium) isn't his thing. He only drops the massive "undergound", bass heavy tracks. But when you catch him doing a 4+ hour set at a more intimate venue, It's AWESOME! My friends got to catch him at Space Miami last weekend on the Terrace and he played for something like 12 hours. "The man is a machine" is was the reply I got from them while leaving at 6:30PM. "And he's still going" (he started playing around 7AM that Sunday.

I guess to sum him up, He plays cool tracks. Nothing like a voyage that Sasha, Diggers or Dixon would take you on. But just fun. Upbeat, dark shit with some classics every now and then.

edit*

Sasha and Digweed > Solomun
Dixon > Solomun

Sasha and Digweed = Dixon

Miami is a whole different monster Capriati spun for 25 hrs a couple weeks ago

Old Post Dec-19-2017 02:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for nima86 Click here to Send nima86 a Private Message Add nima86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by nima86
Miami is a whole different monster Capriati spun for 25 hrs a couple weeks ago

holy shit! yeap... Miami aint no joke. That's a town where people wanna PARTY!

Old Post Dec-19-2017 14:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
holy shit! yeap... Miami aint no joke. That's a town where people wanna PARTY!

Especially for WMC!!!

Prydz back to back with Bayer at space is going to be NUTZ!!!

Old Post Dec-19-2017 19:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Especially for WMC!!!

Dude. This Art Basel (I think the official name is MIami Art Week, could be wrong though) thing that happens in early December in Miami sounds like it's the new WMC. I mean, WMC is WMC but Art Basel seems to be up and coming. It's been going on for several years. It's just now, promoters have been bringing in underground DJs to perform at certain clubs and events.

Old Post Dec-19-2017 22:03  United States
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Dude. This Art Basel (I think the official name is MIami Art Week, could be wrong though) thing that happens in early December in Miami sounds like it's the new WMC. I mean, WMC is WMC but Art Basel seems to be up and coming. It's been going on for several years. It's just now, promoters have been bringing in underground DJs to perform at certain clubs and events.

yeah Art Basel has been growing as a party... its all the same djs/parties as in BPM/Ibiza... older clubbers with $ mainly.

and the cool art and related events at the same time make it a good excuse to to go Miami.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Dec-21-2017 00:20  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigherm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Especially for WMC!!!

Prydz and beyer aren’t playing at space. It’s some warehouse that fits 4,000 people. But it is put on by space

Old Post Dec-21-2017 09:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigherm Click here to Send bigherm a Private Message Add bigherm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

review?

Old Post Dec-30-2017 19:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

FUCKING SICK YO!!! Sasha and Diggers brought the pain. I was expecting some epic stuff, you know the traditional S&D sounds they've done in the past. NOPE. They played fucking hard. It was almost like they were saying "don't forget who started this mutha fucking shit yo!". I can't really describe what they played because I didn't recognize shit. But I can tell you that they were both playing at the same time. And it's like they were adding in sounds while the other guy played. Like... Diggers would play a heave bass line track and Sasha would start to add in his trippy sounds. Then Sasha would play one of his tracks, something deep and mind bending and once it got too much, Diggers would bring the PAINNN! Like a thundering bass line. They pretty much did this for the 4 hours they played. A lot of mind fuckery indeed. I think my brain melted somewhere around the 2 hour mark. Pretty Awesome yo!

Old Post Jan-02-2018 14:31  United States
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

The only song I recognized was a ~1.5 minute remix of xpander.

Basically what 72hrpartyanimal said above, it was great. I would go again.

I will say though, it was WAY. TOO. LOUD. in there, and we were nowhere near any speakers. It's definitely in the top few loudest shwos I've ever been to. ER20s were not sufficient. Running a show this loud benefits no one and I don't understand why they do it. Maybe they need better tuning to get the body-rattling bass without blowing your ears out, I don't know. This was my first time at the midway (amazingly), so I don't know if this is the standard there.

Old Post Jan-02-2018 19:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TSG
"Trinity"

Awesome night! Coat check had free earplugs. :-)

Old Post Jan-02-2018 21:33  Oman
Click Here to See the Profile for TSG Click here to Send TSG a Private Message Add TSG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > 12/29/2017 - Sasha and Digweed at The Midway (SF)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPLEASE HELP ID LATE 90S EARLY 2000s [1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread