Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Coachella 2019
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Xtracktor
EDM Conservative

quote:
Originally posted by refuge

Old Post Jan-26-2019 22:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Xtracktor Click here to Send Xtracktor a Private Message Add Xtracktor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

Gesaffelstein is fucking God

Old Post Apr-17-2019 17:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Did anyone catch Idris's set on the Yuma tent stream? I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts? I thought he was okay. Like he was good but wasn't great. You can tell he's been djing legit music for quite a while (unlike other celebrities who want to start djing). He definitely gets into his sets. I'd describe it as house music but with a little funkiness and trippy sounds.

Old Post Apr-22-2019 15:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Did anyone catch Idris's set on the Yuma tent stream? I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts? I thought he was okay. Like he was good but wasn't great. You can tell he's been djing legit music for quite a while (unlike other celebrities who want to start djing). He definitely gets into his sets. I'd describe it as house music but with a little funkiness and trippy sounds.

yeah saw him W1.

Actually was my set of the weekend. Watched the stream last night and his W1 set was way better. Basically big room tech house mixed with old school garage. He had the Yuma at capacity and was the biggest draw in there all weekend. I honestly had no idea what to expect but was blown away. So much fun.

Old Post Apr-22-2019 23:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

lots of grumpy old haters up in here. Coachella was hella dope. this was a another great year.

highlights of sets I saw that TAs would be interested in:
Friday:
Little People - dolab, downtempo, 1pm in the desert, was perfectt.
Polo & Pan - just a lot of fun, but I don't have a desire to see them again any time soon. They have a really unique sound, but it's perhaps too unique to enjoy often.
Blond:ish: Saw her do a 1.5 hour set in a small airconditioned tent. There were less than 25 people in there. Great experience
Nina Kravitz live: super disappointing, we left when she started doing spoken word stuff. No thanks. I heard her DJ set at the do lab was amazing
Nora: she really is a great house DJ, but when we go to see her we want to hear her music, and this is the 2nd time we went to check her out and she played almost none of it. Shrug.

Saturday - the crazy day
Lee Burridge -> FKJ -> CloZee -> Aphex Twin -> Parcels -> Tame Impala -> Bassnectar
Just going to leave that as it is: pls let me know when any other festival on earth can match this kind of lineup in a day. Despite that list above, we missed tale of us, deep dish (but I wasnt planning on seeing any fluff music), amé, dirtwire. We also missed four tet, but we had to eat and drink beer at some point

Sunday:
Yotto - fukin dope
Stavroz live - hella fuckin dope
Jon Hopkins - what the fuck dope
Cirez D - good way to close it out, but it was borderline drumcode, which isnt really my techno style. it was still a sick ass set, and i would see him again.

There were plenty of people I missed, nicole moudaber, kolsh (saw him last time in the yuma and there was a conflict), dusky, gestaffelstein (but we have ticket to see him later), Jan Blomqvist... probably more I'm missing.

I'm also not mentioning the non-electronic stuff since this list would get too long.

PS: coachella is only IG if you make it IG. there are 125,000 people there and 11 stages. let the hate flow if thats your game, i guess?

Last edited by jonmitz on Apr-27-2019 at 04:23

Old Post Apr-25-2019 21:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal

I caught him on weekend 2 live stream and really enjoyed it, but there is no way on earth I would miss aphex twin and parcels for it

Old Post Apr-25-2019 21:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

most honest review i've seen so far.

Old Post Apr-30-2019 15:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Coachella 2019
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNext The Sunrise Festival 2004 [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSultan & Ned Shepard - "Together We Rise" (Markus Schulz Rework) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread