Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Promoters Please Book The Following
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MSZ
godspeed

Time
Saturday, December 17 at 9:30pm - December 18 at 7:00am
1735 Vine St.
Hollywood, CA
Created By
Perspectives Digital
More Info
Giant & Liquified present Avaland...

Hernan Cattaneo & Nick Warren 4 Hour B2B Set!!

★ HERNAN CATTANEO
Renaissance | Sudbeat | Perfecto | Argentina
www.hernancattaneo.com

★ NICK WARREN
Global Underground | Hope Recordings | Bedrock | UK
www.djnickwarren.com

★ DARIN EPSILON
1 of 4 Winners in John Digweed & Beatport's DJ Competition
Perspectives Digital | friskyRadio | microCastle | Armada
www.darinepsilon.com

★ LIMITED $15 PRESALES
http://bit.ly/hernan_nick_dec_17

★ AVALAND MAILING LIST
http://bit.ly/50ptpe

★ VIP / BOTTLE SERVICE
(626) 466-8302 (call or text)

www.avalonhollywood.com
www.giantclub.com
www.liquified.com

15 dollar presales, lets eat this up shall we?
mmm it tastes so good.

Old Post Nov-03-2011 18:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

fuck me in the goat ass. 15 bucks for Nick Warren and Hernan?

Old Post Nov-03-2011 18:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
fuck me in the goat ass.

oh my!

And leave this world behind...

Old Post Nov-03-2011 18:56  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ozmozis
Music is the Vibe

I was just looking at the same invite! I would love to see Warren, Hernan and JOOF in one event. (Yes, in that order lol) That would be amazing!

Old Post Nov-03-2011 18:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ozmozis Click here to Send Ozmozis a Private Message Visit Ozmozis's homepage! Add Ozmozis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jad
_.spark._

quote:
Originally posted by Ozmözis
I was just looking at the same invite! I would love to see Warren, Hernan and JOOF in one event. (Yes, in that order lol) That would be amazing!

Do it!

I'd love to see these guys live. What an experience that would be! Just got hold of their new cd and it's really good.

Here's video of them performing one of my favourite tracks, 'Les violons':

Closing track from their new album:

Another gem:

Last edited by jad on Nov-03-2011 at 19:25

Old Post Nov-03-2011 19:19  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for jad Click here to Send jad a Private Message Visit jad's homepage! Add jad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

guys, Weekend Heroes are coming in December, from the same people that brought you antix / fiord.

please try to come out for this, i dont think details are posted.

Old Post Nov-03-2011 19:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Old Post Nov-03-2011 19:34  Canada

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
guys, Weekend Heroes are coming in December, from the same people that brought you antix / fiord.

please try to come out for this, i dont think details are posted.

Vary nice!

Old Post Nov-03-2011 20:23 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Takayuki
Muzik Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by loopdokter
It's tough to do when you can't pull the numbers. I think the market dictates the 'talent'. It's either big name DJs like Swedish House Mafia et. al dominating the more commercial end of the market, or you have smaller companies doing the whole tech thing. There seems to be very little in between unless you're 20 and into dubstep. Promoters don't take the risks they used to take simply because they can't. Toronto's promoting market has become very safe-bet.

Prog isn't really even prog anymore. A lot of those guys have moved away from those types of sounds. I'd argue even the bigger names out of the list mentioned like Warren and Cattaneo don't really play a whole lot of prog house. Sasha is playing techy house and Diggers verges on techno.

Somehow progressive house became Deadmau5 'Faxing Berlin' ripoffs. Sounds evolve and change. Prog isn't a big sound right now. In 2001, it was the sound for Toronto.

The reason why I never mentioned "Prog" in the first place is very much the reason you stated. It really isn't Prog anymore for the most part and I completely agree that Hernan, Warren, and Diggers hardly play full on Prog, but they definitely have many elements of that sound in a live performance (depending on the venue of course). The artists in my OP are a mix between Deep House/Prog/Prog Techno/Tech House/Techno which is why I thought it caters to a much larger crowd than being a genre whore and saying "I only want underground Prog artists to come". With that being said it should draw a much larger crowd than just ONE specific niche market which I would think would bring in better numbers.

After all is said and done, I understand that the market has drastically changed, business has changed and more importantly this scene has changed. In some ways for the good and in many other ways for the worst (depends on your point of view of course). Regardless, if places like Wrongbar was filled because of someone like Maceo Plex (who is relatively unknown to the general population) then I am convinced that there is other talent that can do the same. Its all dependent on how these artists are marketed. IMO it would be best to book a Prog artist with both a Tech House and Techno artist so that everyone gets a little bit of flavour throughout the course of the night and are not bored with one sound.

Old Post Nov-03-2011 21:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Takayuki Click here to Send Takayuki a Private Message Add Takayuki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

Maceo Plex drew because nu disco has a visible niche market in Toronto, plus it's the new 'in' sound. (and having support of Footwork, Cheery Beach parties can't hurt) can't say much for prog

Old Post Nov-03-2011 21:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Takayuki
Muzik Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ

Hernan Cattaneo & Nick Warren 4 Hour B2B Set!!

15 dollar presales, lets eat this up shall we?
mmm it tastes so good.

That is a beastly booking.

Footwork has had solid support for its Tech House and Techno artists and fill the place on a weekly basis. Many of the artists mentioned have nothing to do with a Prog sound.

ie. Christian Smith, Alan Fitzpatrick, Jerome Sydenham, Umek - these artists do not play Prog.

Old Post Nov-03-2011 21:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Takayuki Click here to Send Takayuki a Private Message Add Takayuki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan

I'd categorize Christian Smith in progtech category...

Old Post Nov-03-2011 21:29  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Promoters Please Book The Following
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBangin' vocal trance tune! [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSafri Duo - Samb Adagio [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread