Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA OFFICIAL 2012 DEMF/Movement Discussion Thread (May 26-28 Detroit, MI)
Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SpeedJat
tranceaddict

The best part about DEMF/Movement is discovering new djs. So it does not bother me that I don't really know who half of these people are because year after year I keep on hearing good music and have a blast.

Old Post Mar-14-2012 16:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedJat Click here to Send SpeedJat a Private Message Add SpeedJat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SpeedJat
The best part about DEMF/Movement is discovering new djs.

While this is true, NOTHING will get me anywhere near dubstep or any of the slow disco fad "artists" that try to pass their music as deep house. To me, it's nothing more than K music. Here I thought that there was too much slow disco last year, but this year is just ridiculous. Benoit & Sergio, Tiger & Woods, W+L? Come on now. Looking at this lineup, I'm happy to see many of the Detroit guys, but honestly, it doesn't justify the price of admission with so many subpar acts.

Sad to see the birthplace of techno jumped on the bandwagon, now it makes sense why the Detroit locals want to come to NY to play techno!

Old Post Mar-14-2012 18:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
While this is true, NOTHING will get me anywhere near dubstep or any of the slow disco fad "artists" that try to pass their music as deep house. To me, it's nothing more than K music. Here I thought that there was too much slow disco last year, but this year is just ridiculous. Benoit & Sergio, Tiger & Woods, W+L? Come on now. Looking at this lineup, I'm happy to see many of the Detroit guys, but honestly, it doesn't justify the price of admission with so many subpar acts.

Sad to see the birthplace of techno jumped on the bandwagon, now it makes sense why the Detroit locals want to come to NY to play techno!

hah you can't be serious?? you mention 3 acts and you say its too much slow disco? first of all none of the 3 play disco. I dont think when they create music they try to pass it off as anything, be it deep house, house or anything else. Secondly, there are like 500 other artist on the bill, you seriously cannot find something you could be interested in? Yeah let's make it all about TECHNO, fuck everyone else.
Its like the best festival there is because it offers such a massive variety of good music with with barely any commercial cheese but people always find something to bitch about..

Old Post Mar-14-2012 19:53  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

Wow so happy with this year's lineup!! Yeah, I agree the techno is lacking, but I'd rather hear deep house than generic tech house... Still missing Beyer/Coxx/Luciano..

Old Post Mar-14-2012 20:26  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
it doesn't justify the price of admission with so many subpar acts.

C'mon now... this is just silly. Pre-sale tickets were 45-55.

quote:
Sad to see the birthplace of techno jumped on the bandwagon

Detroit and DEMF have always been more than just techno...

Old Post Mar-14-2012 20:34  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss. S
just feel it

quote:
Originally posted by Cuzo
Who is Double Tree-ing this year?

Me! + about 20 others

First DEMF = wooooooo

Old Post Mar-15-2012 01:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss. S Click here to Send Miss. S a Private Message Add Miss. S to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rulzz
Supreme tranceaddict

jesus you guys are spoiled $75 bucks for 3 days and a ton of djs to see ? stay home if you don't like the line-up

Old Post Mar-15-2012 02:08  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for rulzz Click here to Send rulzz a Private Message Visit rulzz's homepage! Add rulzz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by rulzz
jesus you guys are spoiled $75 bucks for 3 days and a ton of djs to see ? stay home if you don't like the line-up

Old Post Mar-15-2012 10:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iant56
One in, one out

People complain to much.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 00:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for iant56 Click here to Send iant56 a Private Message Add iant56 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PoLskA
Supreme tranceaddict

i might of been a bit hasty when i said phase 2 was shit... there are plenty of acts i will be checking out...
i was really impressed w phase 1, just thought phase 2 was a bit lacking...

and i did pay $140 for vip... so i can complain a lil...

Old Post Mar-16-2012 14:22  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for PoLskA Click here to Send PoLskA a Private Message Add PoLskA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Honestly if anything, I usually have hard enough time trying to run around for 12 hours to each stage to see everyone I want...

So I don't the bill overloaded with EVERYONE I to see. I want to have some breaks, go to the fest at 2 or 3, not have to run between stages.

The downtime allows you to discover new music as I said before.

Each day I pick 2 or 3 non conflicting acts and made best effort to attend them, then have a few acts that I would like to see and the rest is just wandering in the crowds and soaking up DEMF.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 14:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samhouse
Scenester

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
The price of hotels is crazy this year. Contemplating staying in Windsor. We have rooms booked at the Double Tree and Hilton Garden Inn.

Honestly I'm surprised that the hotels were not charging these prices a few years ago with the way this festival has exploded in recent years.

Guaranteed if there was something like this that happened in Toronto, you would see hotel prices jump for those days. Maybe not as much the first year but if its successful and brings in the masses then why not.

we thought about going this year but there is too much going on and I just can't afford it. we've never been

Old Post Mar-16-2012 16:56  Pakistan
Click Here to See the Profile for samhouse Click here to Send samhouse a Private Message Visit samhouse's homepage! Add samhouse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA OFFICIAL 2012 DEMF/Movement Discussion Thread (May 26-28 Detroit, MI)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGreat deep groove tune from Dave Seaman old (2003) set [2006] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMEO - Sleepless (John Johnson rmx) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread