Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread
Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Oh Lord. And I had them as favourites. Never have I been so happy to be proven wrong. I'm not sure this summer can get any better.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-27-2018 17:04  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
What the fuck just happened

They were weak from the outset. That's why, a few pages ago, I said this:
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
It should all go back to "normal" now... Except for Argentina, which is now going against stronger teams, and possibly Germany.

There had been upsets right from the start, but Argentina and Germany were too wobbly to go back to "normal". Argentina barely made it past the qualification games, and Germany qualified in a very weak group. Besides, no defending champion this century made it past the group stage, except for us in 2006. No wonder Maradona had to rushed out of the stadium yesterday, Nigeria were putting a good show.

I figured Germany and South Korea would draw, but they clearly broke down after the first goal, not unlike us in Belo Horizonte.
quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm not sure this summer can get any better.

Well, I wouldn't mind beating Serbia soon, just in case

Old Post Jun-27-2018 17:23  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The crazy thing is that South Korea had nothing to play for. After their last-minute win over Sweden, I was expecting Germany's "Turniermannschaft" instincts to kick in and drag them over the line.

I'm struggling to think of a bigger World Cup shock than this. Anyone?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-27-2018 17:36  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Fucking christ, this is turning out to be the most random and brilliant World Cup ever.

Germany out in the group stages becuase of lame duck Korea? Amazing.

Mexico get Thumped by Sweden but still go through...becuase Sweden won? You can't make this shit up.

I felt bad for Iran. They played their hearts out.

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sensorium
Exciting day of football. Gotta love this sport!

France vs Argentina should be interesting. Many are excited about a possible match between C. Ronaldo and Messi but realistically Uruguay and France are favorites.

Great day though!

God Maradona is a drug addled mess. Remember kids, this is what Cocaine addiction looks like in public.

EDIT: oops, looks like I spoke too soon....

quote:
Paramedics tended to Argentina legend Diego Maradona after he fell ill after cheering on his country as they scored late against Nigeria to stay in the World Cup on Tuesday, according to reports. Maradona, 57, had been visibly emotional during the match in Saint Petersburg that Argentina had to win to stay in the tournament. When Marcos Rojo scored the winning goal in the 86th minute, Maradona leaned over the front of the VIP box from where he was watching with friends and made a one-fingered salute while shouting an obscene insult. A video later emerged showing the 1986 World Cup winner looking unwell, walking with difficulty and being guided into the dining room of the VIP section by two friends and then sitting in a chair. Other photographs showed two uniformed paramedics attending to him, with one appearing to take his pulse. Argentina media reported that Maradona had suffered a spike in his blood pressure.

https://sports.yahoo.com/maradona-needs-medical-treatment-argentina-victory-224214171--sow.html

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
I'm mostly curious to see if Germany will manage to make it to the finals again

Schadenfreude.

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:28  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

EDIT: oops, looks like I spoke too soon....

I read something somewhere earlier today according to which he was having "neck pains" or something like that.

I'm sure some excuse is going to be the definitive excuse

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:35  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

He's having a out of body experience while giving the middle finger to people below, the falls off the stands?

Yeah, totally sober. The guy is about 2 lines away from a permanent dirt nap.

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:41 
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
The crazy thing is that South Korea had nothing to play for.

It may have to do with the military service and saving face.

Son, for one, needed to advance to be excused from military service, and a victory over the defending champions wouldn't hurt in case they failed to remain in the competition. I have no idea this will be enough, but it won't hurt his case
quote:
I'm struggling to think of a bigger World Cup shock than this. Anyone?

Rating wise, only Ghana x Czechia (2006) (and, depending on who's counting, the 7-1) were more unexpected in recent memory.

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:46  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Yes! Come on Switzerland!

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:48 
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Yeah! Come on Switzer... no, wait, I don't know if I'd rather face Mexico or Sweden next

Old Post Jun-27-2018 18:54  Brazil
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Judging by this morning's performance, you want to meet Mexico

Old Post Jun-27-2018 19:18 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRemixer ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackE-Craig - "Drum Beats" (Hard Beats Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread