Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > So who is 40+ years old these days?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
So who is 40+ years old these days?

I'm turning 40 this month. Can you believe that shit?!?! My wife asked what I wanted to do and I said "nothing". Give me a burrito and I'll be happy. Thankfully, it falls right near MMD weekend so I'm making it a 4 day weekend. I don't plan on doing shit (maybe a BBQ at a friends pad on Sunday) except watch Netflix and smoke weed. Turning 40 with style yo!

Old Post May-07-2019 17:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

38 (Wife is 41)

we're those old AF people in the corner sipping a budlight at the "Rave festivals" these days...

I remember I used to see those old tweakers in the corner of Home Base SF when I was 17 and was like "Who the fuck are those old people at the rave eating acid at 40 years old, bunch of losers"

Old Post May-07-2019 23:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Almost there.....2 years and 39 days to be precise!

Turning 38 on June 15th. Which happens to be a Lee Burridge, All Day I Dream party in Chinatown....so I expect to see some of you addicts there! (whatever you are addicted to these days)

Actually went to the Guy Gerber, Rumors Party Saturday evening at the same venue. Best party I've ever been to LA! Super cool and friendly vibes from everyone.

I need to enjoy those last 770 days left until 40. (glad next year is a leap year so I get an extra day!)

Lightning in a Bottle, EDC and Burning Man anyone?

Old Post May-08-2019 01:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

Turning 40 in a few days esp now that summer is approaching!

Been going hard over the years but scaled it back in the last 5 years.

With summer approaching I do the local thing on the jersey shore. But winter, I have def scaled back to maybe going out 3-4 times.

a few events I will get my ass to like Sasha and Digweed later this summer or the occasional classics night!.

Old Post May-08-2019 13:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
38 (Wife is 41)

we're those old AF people in the corner sipping a budlight at the "Rave festivals" these days...

I remember I used to see those old tweakers in the corner of Home Base SF when I was 17 and was like "Who the fuck are those old people at the rave eating acid at 40 years old, bunch of losers"

Yeap! That's me! I remember thinking the same thing when I'd see old people leaving Avalon late in the evening/early morning. Thankfully I haven't been to venue in YEARS but I wonder if the kids would think the same of me. I mean... I'm still pretty sexy, right?!?!

Old Post May-08-2019 18:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

I turned the big 4-0 this past February.

Life just moves on. :P

Old Post May-08-2019 22:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

Damn! What a bunch of old folks in here....says the 43 year old. Haha!

Did our last WMC/MMW 2 years ago bc it's just too hard on the body. Still go out 5 or 6x a year but we scale back. Out at 1030 back in by 3 latest. Otherwise I'm wrecked until Wednesday.

Doing a lot more exercise than partying in recent years too. But still go hard occasionally. But sometimes it feels better to watch the sunrise after a hard run or class rather than...well, you know.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post May-09-2019 00:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bstorm

Doing a lot more exercise than partying in recent years too. But still go hard occasionally. But sometimes it feels better to watch the sunrise after a hard run or class rather than...well, you know.

Same here with the workouts and nutrition yo! About 5 years ago, I started working out consistently and eating healthy. Mostly due to finding out I had really high blood pressure (genetic). I'd say I'm a lot more sexier than I was during my promoting days (mid twenties to early 30's).

Old Post May-09-2019 14:14  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Not 40 yet, but getting close.

Tbh, I haven't really gone out that much in recent years but I put some of that down to fact I started so early. I went to my first raves at 13. I was heavily clubbing by 15/16 and was somewhat over it as the scene changed from the "Golden age" by about 21/22.

Still went to big events, then moved to states a few years later and was like what the fuck, dance music is exploding here - it's like the 90's all over again lol.

Went out a ton between 2007 and 2013 so basically got a second bite of the cherry, and then again, the scene changed, EDM reared it's ugly head along with DJ's purely in it for the money and we fizzled out again.

Who knows, maybe it'll happen again here in LA or somewhere else but it would be greedy not to realize we had some amazing nights over the years.

I suppose I'm more in to impromptu parties here in LA and people's houses like in the hills and shit, and less the clubs.

Old Post May-09-2019 22:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigherm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bstorm
Damn! What a bunch of old folks in here....says the 43 year old. Haha!

Did our last WMC/MMW 2 years ago bc it's just too hard on the body. Still go out 5 or 6x a year but we scale back. Out at 1030 back in by 3 latest. Otherwise I'm wrecked until Wednesday.

This is exactly how I am these days. Still go out a few times a year. Starting to go out more these days. I’m 43 almost and wife is 45

Old Post May-10-2019 18:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigherm Click here to Send bigherm a Private Message Add bigherm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm going to create a new post when we all get to our 50's! Topics of conversation will be:

"Does anyone still go out?"

"yeah, few times a year. Only when Sasha's grandkids are headling though."

Old Post May-10-2019 18:24  United States
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
I'm going to create a new post when we all get to our 50's! Topics of conversation will be:

"Does anyone still go out?"

"yeah, few times a year. Only when Sasha's grandkids are headling though."

That made me laugh!
Its come to quality if the night out I think for a lot of us. The passion for the music and culture never goes away.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post May-12-2019 15:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > So who is 40+ years old these days?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackhelp ID this [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStephen Jk - "Puristick" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread