Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Music Software
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
farxaad
Senior tranceaddict

Music Software

Hey =)

So as ironic as it is, when I download trance/dance/house tracks the tempo is usually too slow to run with (on the treadmill at the gym). It's great to download the tunes that I love, but hate feeling like my steps match the beat, which slows me down.

Do you know of software that I can find that can help me speed it up? I've used Acoustica, and just played around until I could save the track with a faster pace lol, but my trial expired ....

Any ideas?

Old Post May-07-2012 12:49  Yemen
Click Here to See the Profile for farxaad Click here to Send farxaad a Private Message Add farxaad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

Have you ever thought of getting a different style of music? I've recently found that running to drum n' bass, hard style and happy hardcore motivates me more than any other music

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post May-07-2012 13:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
farxaad
Senior tranceaddict

Happy hardcore is a strong possibility, as long as there's good melody to it too, but Gareth Emery, Dash Berlin, Super8 & Tab etc I really would love to enjoy those inside the gym as well.

Imagine a beautifulllll build-up, right when you're about to hit DOWN on that speed *sigh* explode with energy and .....last another >5 minutes!....

Old Post May-07-2012 14:00  Yemen
Click Here to See the Profile for farxaad Click here to Send farxaad a Private Message Add farxaad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
feelgood
im cool, i swear.

Techno. Nothing kills a workout like a breakdown in a set.

release.

Old Post May-07-2012 14:30  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for feelgood Click here to Send feelgood a Private Message Add feelgood to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I used to put DJ sets in Cool Edit (an audio editing program) to cut out tracks I didn't like so I could use them at the gym. Ended up spending a lot of time making it sound better, but they're mixes I've used for a long time now so it was worth it.

Old Post May-07-2012 18:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
farxaad
Senior tranceaddict

downloading it now: Cool Edit Pro 2.1..Will see how it goes.

Thanks!!!!

Old Post May-07-2012 18:38  Yemen
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by feelgood
Techno. Nothing kills a workout like a breakdown in a set.

hard techno. 135bpm and up. love to workout to a schranz set (or stuff like old DJ Preach set)

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post May-07-2012 18:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

format b sets r good for the gym.

Old Post May-07-2012 18:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

I doubt this is going to turn out the way you'd like it to. Realistically, you can only speed up a track so much until it starts effecting the quality of the piece, like 6%-10%. So if you have a track thats originally at 115bpm, you can't just speed it up to 130 and expect it to sound alright. Also, every 6% change in tempo results in a key change, so if your track is originally in the key of F and you speed it up 12%, you're now in the key of G, which certainly effects the overall harmonics. If you're trying to go from 126 to 130, or 124 to 128, you can definitely achieve this without it sounding out of place, but the further away from the original you go, the more unappealing it will sound.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Last edited by LightsOut on May-07-2012 at 19:13

Old Post May-07-2012 18:57  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
Also, every 6% change in tempo results in a key change, so if your track is originally in the key of F and you speed it up 12%, you're now in the key of G, which certainly effects the overall harmonics.

Not necessarily. You can adjust the tempo without affecting the key depending on the program like you would on cdjs with pitch lock.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post May-07-2012 23:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Not necessarily. You can adjust the tempo without affecting the key depending on the program like you would on cdjs with pitch lock.

The original key is still effected though, pitch lock just tries to mask it by taking the audio and processing it through an algorithm before sending it out. It works very well when the deviation from the original track is reasonable (you can probably get away with +/- 12% using pitchlock), but the further away you push it you're still going to run into problems (degradation/artifacts).

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post May-08-2012 00:36  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
farxaad
Senior tranceaddict

@LightsOut, do you mean the type of distortion that would change normal vocals to chipmunk? I'll play with it to get the right sound/bpm.

Thanks for the artist suggestions though guys, will look them up as well!

Happy gymming!

Old Post May-08-2012 00:46  Yemen

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Music Software
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack from WMC! [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoni B - "Stripped" (Club Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread