Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > The first trance track you have ever heard
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mace2
tranceaddict in training

hmmmmm...... it was the first track off of dj tiesto's innercity 99 mix, push - the anthem
my friend was listening to shoutcast during our tech class and i've been hooked ever since

Old Post Oct-21-2000 09:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for mace2 Click here to Send mace2 a Private Message Add mace2 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kurve
Sentient Audio Collective

well knew what Trance and Techno was since 93-94....but the song that really got my addicted was Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar..at the 98 Love parade!!!!! that tune was amazing and still is.....probably one of the best Trnace Classics ever!!!!

Old Post Oct-21-2000 10:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Kurve Click here to Send Kurve a Private Message Visit Kurve's homepage! Add Kurve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aviston
Senior tranceaddict

I'm not sure exactly what the first trance song I heard was, but the first trance song I really liked was Transa - Enervate which appeared on the classic Oakenfold - Tranceport and Sasha/Digweed - Northern Exposure 2 mixes in 1997.

[This message has been edited by Aviston (edited 10-21-2000).]

Old Post Oct-21-2000 17:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aviston Click here to Send Aviston a Private Message Add Aviston to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Daniel
tranceaddict in training

I think mine would be Carlos - The Simarillia....

Old Post Oct-22-2000 14:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Daniel Click here to Send DJ Daniel a Private Message Add DJ Daniel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
max2100
tranceaddict

I can't say what was my first trance track I heard because it really transformed little by little as Jukx pointed out.
But I guess it was in 1995 with these tunes I really got into dance/techno music and now trance.
...and never looked back.

* Jam & Spoon's Hand's On Yello - You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess
* Jens Mahlstedt - Loops & Things
* Dune - Hardcore Vibes (South Bound Mix & Good Vibes Mix)

But the ONE track I got so hooked on was the amazing "Westbam - Celebration Generation". This track still roxxx! Forgot what year it was released.

Also worth a mention:

* Lunatic Asylum - The Meltdown Velvet Vibe (1993)
* Scooter - Hyper Hyper / The First Time / Stuttgart (1996) <--- Good old Scooter
* Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Porte de Bagnolet Mix) (1994)
* Blue Alphabeth - Cybertrance (1994)
* Legend B. - Lost In Love (1994)

--- Max ---

Old Post Oct-22-2000 23:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for max2100 Click here to Send max2100 a Private Message Add max2100 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
adagio
Powerbass trancEaddict

My first contact with trance was with:

Dance 2 Trance - P.ower of A.merican N.atives

(Fffffff--pipes--energetic woman vocals: "I believe in the power of American natives...."--boom, boom, boom...)

It came out in 1991 and made it to the Top 20 on MTV Europe. It was a great track back then and still is. Understandably, it lacks all the textures present in today's big hits, but it's another example that understanding of basic design principles is more important than anything.

Old Post Oct-23-2000 04:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for adagio Click here to Send adagio a Private Message Add adagio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Suzaku
ووووو

My first exposure to trance was Robert Miles's album "Dreamland" at a record store listening booth. I bought it on the spot. Even today I still listen to that album, although at the time I didn't realize that it was trance. The track that really got me into it thought has to be Kabalah by Astral Projection... wicked goa track.

Suzaku

Old Post Oct-23-2000 12:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Suzaku Click here to Send Suzaku a Private Message Add Suzaku to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mark
FreewayENT

Lightbulb

System F - Out of the Blue

heard this in friend's car
hooked on trance since then

Old Post Oct-23-2000 20:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Click here to Send Mark a Private Message Visit Mark's homepage! Add Mark to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tripsy
tranceaddict

I have one more to add...

Right in the Night by Jam & Spoon (circa 93/94)

Can't forget that classic.

Tripsy

Old Post Oct-24-2000 01:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tripsy Click here to Send Tripsy a Private Message Visit Tripsy's homepage! Add Tripsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Suzaku
ووووو

Right in the Night is a wicked track Tripsy, i've had that in my collection before I even knew what trance was... just had to add my two cents

Suzaku

Old Post Oct-24-2000 11:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Suzaku Click here to Send Suzaku a Private Message Add Suzaku to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
adjboy
tranceaddict in training

I thought Robert Miles was "Dream" and not "Trance"... I don't know exactly the difference, though.

And what is "Ambient"? What's the difference between Dance and Trance?

Thanks.

My first trance which got me hooked was probably

Oudja - Never tell what you think

from the Goliath 5 CD. I think it's a little known track, but still a good one.

-Andreas

Old Post Oct-24-2000 15:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for adjboy Click here to Send adjboy a Private Message Add adjboy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Bendy
Supreme tranceaddict

Cool

Hard to define Trance since there is no clear line between genres. EG where does progressive house stop and trance start?!

Either way it was Pitchin by Hi Gate (still my fav) that got me into this world of music

Chi ADs Purity got me into harder stuff

And yet it was way back when FCB did Excalibur that I thought some dance music "might be alright"

Old Post Oct-24-2000 16:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Bendy Click here to Send Bendy a Private Message Add Bendy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > The first trance track you have ever heard
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIbiza Dreams [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarco V vs. Jens - "Loops and Things Relooped" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread