Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LightsOut
Antagonist

The final device will certainly have similarities to the alpha unit (screen size/resolution, position of peripheral ports/camera, etc), but aesthetically speaking, it'll definitely change. Like Dior said, I'd expect rounded corners and completely different materials used for the housing. The focus right now is on the OS, as it should be.

Regarding the device, it looks like a step in the right direction. The OS seems smooth and it looks like it has tremendous potential. I probably won't bite on the this particular model, but I'm very interested to see what they come up with that includes a full keyboard.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post May-01-2012 19:23  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Sorry I just read it has a 16GB capacity with 1 GB ram with a 1280x768 sized screen which is obviously much better than the 720p.

So as in hardware yes they are testing out the parts but the final design will be much different.

Old Post May-01-2012 19:36  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

I'm hoping the ram will get bumped a bit, around 1.5gb would be nice. However, the QNX OS might have such a small & efficient footprint that 1gb would suffice. Fingers crossed on a 32gb and 64gb model.

Poor quality video of the keynote but the experience looks very nice indeed.

Hilarious that the stock is down 5% today.

• Do Santos - Menina

Last edited by LightsOut on May-01-2012 at 19:51

Old Post May-01-2012 19:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

The Alpha device is just a development board. It looks nothing like the BB10 phones, trust me.

Old Post May-02-2012 02:57  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

Old Post May-02-2012 20:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

This better be beyond spectacular!

Side note... upgraded to 9900 OS 7.1.0.402 yesterday, very nice, smoother, battery life is a littttle better.

Old Post May-03-2012 03:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

So who's getting the 10?

Old Post Feb-06-2013 01:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I just switched over to the Android ship with a Nexus 4, and I'm loving it, for my personal use. I do miss elements of my BlackBerry tho, soundprofiles mostly, and email simplicity. I actually kind of like the FB app better as well, you can do more with the Android, but it's not as user friendly IMO.

ANYWAYS... I'm going BB10 either with my new work phone provided by work, or perhaps as a business phone on a business line for a project I have in the works.

Don't know if Z10 and go full screen, or Q10 and key my keyboard... which, I'm not missing all that much with the apps like Swiftkey Flow and stuff for droid. (It would be murder in a professional use however, emails would demand to be proofread!).

Old Post Feb-06-2013 02:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Typing this from my new z10, picked it up at 10am yesterday and used it all day...

Initial Impressions:

The OS is very good. Stable and Snappy. The "Hub" is awesome and everything feels deeply integrated. The screen is awesome, very high res and crisp. Camera is very decent but the noise levels are a little high in low light. Time shift camera is cool. Fantastic browser. Keyboard is the best touch screen typing experience I've ever had, having said that, definitely still a learning curve coming from a 9900. BBM Video is cool, works well, screen share is a huge plus. Takes a bit of getting used to, being a very gesture based OS, it's a different experience then the typical "in and out" routine of iOS and Android. I really like that the OS "feels" like a Blackberry, it's familiar but a complete overhaul of what we're used to. Decent apps so far, more to come for sure. Still a lot of little things that could be improved on. No landscape in BBM. I can't find a way to "mark prior as read" or "delete prior" from the hub, like you could previously do with OS 6 & 7. Blackberry Maps - although usable for sure, isn't as complete as Apple or Google maps. User sound profiles are lacking, you don't really have the same multiple options as before. For example, I can't put the phone in a "bedside" mode and have only phone calls active. I could go on. The ability to easily sideload any Android App (provided you have the APK) is great, they may not all work exactly as desired but from the ones I've tried, they're pretty functional. All the negatives are easily fixed with a simple software update, which I'm sure will happen before the US launch. Overall, quite happy, and it'll only improve I'm sure.

• Do Santos - Menina

Last edited by LightsOut on Feb-06-2013 at 14:24

Old Post Feb-06-2013 14:17  Germany
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
User sound profiles are lacking, you don't really have the same multiple options as before. For example, I can't put the phone in a "bedside" mode and have only phone calls active.

This is BY FAR my biggest bitch so far with Android... I loved having multiple profiles for different locations and times of day. Car, work, club, sleep, charging in a different room etc...

Apparently there are good apps to this, but nothing I've found so far...

Old Post Feb-06-2013 18:15  Canada
LightsOut
Antagonist

I'm hearing this is going to definitely get fixed with an update soon, so that's somewhat comforting...

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Feb-06-2013 18:32  Germany
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

OK, so I just played around the z10, meh... not a fan of the touch type interface, but like the throwing words up, even if it doesn't really know what I wanted to type, hopefully it's more intuitive.

However, enjoyed the BB familiarity, and the fresh of the swiping from screen to screen and PlayBook swipe gestures from the border.

I did make a stupid mistake and wanted to see BBM so I put in my old BBID and it loaded up all my contacts, tested it a bit, but couldn't remove my BBID or BBM account afterwards (BTW this was in a Rogers store lol) so I just security wiped it and left, that's going to be sufficient right? I'm being totally serious here... dunno if BB10 has different security features than it's predecessors.

Also, set up my old 9900 with my mom, set up BBID and APPWORLD to bill to Rogers via bill, bought an app but it's cycling through processing and won't stop. I hardreset and the phone releases itself from the clutch of "Please Wait" but as soon as you go back to APPWORLD, it tries to complete the purchase again. Anyone know how to clear that? There was a cache flush button combo, but can't recall.

Old Post Feb-06-2013 22:45  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback~2005 tech-house untitled... [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMadagascar - "You're Beautiful" (Original Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread