Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Trance Scene - Back in the Day-O..
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Durafei
the crazy russian

quote:
But in the end the way i see it.. most of the TA's who just recently got into trance, without a doubt would have loved it partying it up with 10,000+ ppl at a (spacious) public venue where everyone was friendly, and was there for the music.. not to mention shared the same mindset..

For the music? C'mon.. We all know that 80% of people there, were there for the drugs, music was an add-on. I remember standing in line to that Ascention party.. People were dropping right in the line-up.. not even in the club.

I'm pretty sure parties are better these days.. I don't think we really miss the good old days.. I think we miss the GOOD parties from these days. There is a difference. 5 years from now, you are gonna think - "WOW, that party I've been to in 2002 was nothing like parties today"..

My Blog: durafei.blogspot.com - Last Update March 23, 2006

Old Post Nov-28-2002 21:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Durafei Click here to Send Durafei a Private Message Visit Durafei's homepage! Add Durafei to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

KarateKid

tru .. no doubt drugs played a huge factor ..

i guess a lotta clubgoers these are afraid of chemical drugs.. but definately the whole ecstacy issue has taken a back seat cuz all the parties happen at private venues now ..

but i definately agree that the GOOD parties then felt better than the GOOD parties now .. hopefully with some time we'll see the return into bigger venues.. ala. CNE ..

i think even TA is seperated between newskool trancers and oldskool ones.. most of the oldskool ones like yourself had hit up parties that were thrown down by Destiny and Lifeforce when those big name DJ's first started playing in TO.. then most of the new school TA's had their first trance party experience at the Guv which is a very different atmosphere so it'll definately influence the way people think about the scene in general..

atleast we can all come together here under trance to meet and discuss..

Old Post Nov-28-2002 21:30  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BLS
Senior tranceaddict

Love

My favorite parties were Betterdays and Destiny. I think one of the first actual parties I went to was a destiny.... (I can't remember the number, but I think it was still in the single digits) Man those where great times. Anybody remember going to parties like Betterdays "The Land Of Milk and Honey", where Sasha and Digweed played a 6 hour long set? 100 degrees celcius and raining from the pipes.
It's getting hard to find a parties open late enough to have sets like that, let alone lasting till 10 am.
I definately feel sorry for anybody who missed out on stuff like that, but then again, at 26 years old, I am probably older than alot of the newer fans.

* * Memories.... misty water coloured memories....

Excuse me as I wipe a tear from my eye.

Old Post Nov-28-2002 22:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for BLS Click here to Send BLS a Private Message Visit BLS's homepage! Add BLS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

KarateKid

i just can't believe that i missed the Citrus party at the Science Center back in 1999 ..

and Oakie and PVD's first times playing in TO ..

Old Post Nov-28-2002 22:43  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alccode
teksetter!

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL
atleast we can all come together here under trance to meet and discuss..

i'd say that that is the only positive conclusion that can really come out of this issue.. it's unfortunate... i wasn't really into trance in the "old school" days, but i don't favour the "clubbization" (or "Guvization", rather) of it all, the commercialization.

i've had a little taste of the "old vibe", and definitely prefer it. it seems that it can still be found today (or something close enough to it), though you have to look hard for it.

daaamn... good events every week.. imagine that ..

hm, i know... time to move to europe!

Old Post Nov-28-2002 23:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for Alccode Click here to Send Alccode a Private Message Add Alccode to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

quote:
Originally posted by Alccode
hm, i know... time to move to europe!

Without a doubt.

My first ascension was 29 I believe. I remember when I began raving, those were the best parties ever. Ascension 29 to 34+ were just amazing, also Tiesto at wintergalactic1. Those were the best parties ever! After that, things bagan to go downhill, not a ditch, just slowly downhill. Not because of the music, I love Trance now more than ever, its just, like desidel said, the government, and police...

I belive i've caught the last bit of magik of the old days.

Old Post Nov-29-2002 00:09  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kid Lax
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL
i just can't believe that i missed the Citrus party at the Science Center back in 1999 ..

i still can't get over how much fun i had there

Old Post Nov-29-2002 23:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Kid Lax Click here to Send Kid Lax a Private Message Add Kid Lax to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

My first party:

Dose - Connected
InfoLine: (416) 760-3275

Featuring: Carl Cox (UK), DJ Dan (SF), DJ Sneak (Chi), Armand Van Helden (NYC), Junior Sanchez (NYC), Roni Size (UK), Dynamite MC (UK), Jumpin Jack Frost (UK), Die (UK), Tim Patrick, Adam Marshall, Kenny Glasgow, Peter & Tyrone, Myka, Stretch & Hooker, Mystical Influence, Sniper, Freaky Flow, Kinetic, Capital J, Unknown Souljah, Marcus

Cover: $30.00 in advance

My best party:

Destiny 31 - Oct 2 1999

- Union Jack / Art of Trance / Terra Ferma / POB / Rowland The Bastard / Jason Marshall / OS/2 / JELO / Hartec / Dekoze / Eryk S / Dominik

Wurd.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Nov-29-2002 23:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TrueToTheCrew
Officially Done

disbelief

I cant believe that the only parties are at guv. WTF. Dont get me wrong i enjoy guv but what ever happened to those parties where u had to call the info line???

The scene is totally monopolized today. If guv doesnt do it then it doesnt happen. I miss the true dedicated partying crowd.

Actually my name True To The Crew is in reference to the olden days. True to those days and to that crew.

Old Post Nov-29-2002 23:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for TrueToTheCrew Click here to Send TrueToTheCrew a Private Message Add TrueToTheCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

KarateKid

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
My first party:

Dose - Connected
InfoLine: (416) 760-3275

Featuring: Carl Cox (UK), DJ Dan (SF), DJ Sneak (Chi), Armand Van Helden (NYC), Junior Sanchez (NYC), Roni Size (UK), Dynamite MC (UK), Jumpin Jack Frost (UK), Die (UK), Tim Patrick, Adam Marshall, Kenny Glasgow, Peter & Tyrone, Myka, Stretch & Hooker, Mystical Influence, Sniper, Freaky Flow, Kinetic, Capital J, Unknown Souljah, Marcus

Cover: $30.00 in advance

My best party:

Destiny 31 - Oct 2 1999

- Union Jack / Art of Trance / Terra Ferma / POB / Rowland The Bastard / Jason Marshall / OS/2 / JELO / Hartec / Dekoze / Eryk S / Dominik

Wurd.

egad ! that party at the AutoMotive building at CNE was hyped to hell when i was back in highschool ! but alas i missed it , it was around the time i was just starting to experiment goin to parties ..

but MAN that was a STACKED line up .. we just don't have those kinda weekend parties anymore , such a shame ..

do any of you guys remember how back in the day Lifeforce used to take so much heat from the crowd cuz of their 'mismanagement' and disorganization despite being one of the biggest promoters in the city?? haha .. kinda reminds you of a certain club today eh ? i guess that comes with the success.. but like all things, nothing will last forever, Guv will have its day when it's one-upped ..

One of my favourite parties of all time:

Ascension 1 @ Industry Nightclub ! - Nov, 1999..
S4, Dr. Trance, SOS, OS/2..
hearing 1998 (PVD Mix) for the first time live ..

Another one of my fav's:

Ascension 10 @ on a BOAT !
moment: hearing Sandstorm dropped for the first time live and watching people literally run up to Dekoze and Dr. Trance to find out the name of the track! haha

did anyone ever hit up that Dose party where Oakie spun way back .. ?

Old Post Nov-30-2002 02:23  Micronesia-Federal State of
kwongandy
Supreme tranceaddict

brings back fond memories. i was there for the oakie dose party. in fact, i was at citrus and connected..., i saw digweed and sasha. spoke to sasha for a few minutes. digweed dropped cascade - implosion whice is an amazing track. i remember the love party (with oakie). that was the first time i heard dj sakin & friends - protect your mind for the love of a princess (aka the braveheart song) played out and the crowd was amazing. get this. oakie played in the guv while ltj bukem played in the warehouse. peopole could not get into the guv in time to see oakie play. what happens? oakie comes back on a tuesday and plays at fluid. anyone who could not get into the guv got free tickets to that party. i have to laugh at the last dance. that was better days last promotion. sasha & anne savage. they had a contraption gyroscope where they would lock your arms and legs and spin you in all sorts of directions. imagine being on e and feeling the forces that affect you! not bad for 5 extra bucks. one last memory. pvd at industry. he wore the best shirt ever made. he copied crystal methods shirt and he printed GOT TRANCE? instead of GOT METH? unbelievable!

Old Post Nov-30-2002 03:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kwongandy Click here to Send kwongandy a Private Message Add kwongandy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
UWO Tranceaddict
Senior tranceaddict

I love the threads about the olden days.....

My first party was either Destiny 8 or 9, i cant remember, but it was way back in 1996!

On Guns Rd. at Keele and St.Clair in an abandoned Canada Packers Factory. The walls covered in plastic, had to take an elevsator up to the main floor, when the doors opened you were right in the middle of the party....I was like "whoa"!
Liquid E booths....what was that blue radiant juice anyway.
The only act i remember was Hardfloor from Germany who performed live.
From then on Ive been addicted!

Was anyone at Wemf 98 on Christian Island????
One of the best parties of my life! The whole party was on a sandy beach, waves rolled up to your tent door in the morning and the lazer show in the sky looked like the Northern Lights!
There were so many Awesome Dj's and I cant remember any of them but the music was soo good. It was like Ibiza was brought to us!

Also, ya, the First Science Centre Party, Citrus!!!! So damn good, back in the day, i never missed a big party. Connected 99. during Oakeys set, Dj Hypes jungle was bleeding through to the trance room.

I loved those parties back then....telling mom i was sleeping at a friends house for the first few, but by 17 she was picking me up from them at 7am! What a nice lady eh?

Those were the days, but i must admit, im happy with the progression. The parties now are a lot safer, cleaner and better run. Also as I have become older, the parties have turned into 19+ which i feel is necessary to compensate for the increased awareness of the public around the scene.

No matter what happens, we will always have the music, and that will never change.

Old Post Nov-30-2002 19:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for UWO Tranceaddict Click here to Send UWO Tranceaddict a Private Message Add UWO Tranceaddict to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto Trance Scene - Back in the Day-O..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhat is this track called? [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDirt Devils - "The Drill" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread