Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Chimney
Low pH

Great mixes.

Old Post Dec-31-2011 21:30  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sisterbliss
licking the lollipop

really good mixes in here, did ian ever reup his set, i can't find it :/

Old Post Jan-24-2012 16:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sisterbliss Click here to Send sisterbliss a Private Message Add sisterbliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

Awesome mix of stuff, dave. Only really disliked your choice of "Phil Collins"-Genesis track

Old Post Jan-27-2012 15:24  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnetonium
Dubstep = Douchestep

Hi guys! I present my Classics Mix for the month of February 2012. I thought about using some rock, hip-hop and TOP 40, but these do not represent my music taste (even though its what I spin as a DJ). Instead, I am going to have a two-part mix with the first mix concentrating on the groove side of the classics - only my favourites - mainly disco, house and techno. At some later time, I want to do a second mix which will cover the melodic/trancy side of things: late 60s/early 70s experimental music, space disco, hi-nrg/italo-disco, all kinds of trance 1988-2005.

I used turntables / Traktor Pro interface, using a few vinyls and the rest digital tracks to mix this. The disco tracks were hard to beatmatch because the tracks were not made on the computers hence the beatmatching is a bit off. :\

Mix Cover
[my very own photo I took last week]

01. Candido - Thousand Fingered Man (1979)
One of my favourite deep soulful disco tracks ever, it sounds just like deep house.

02. First Choice - Love Thang (1979)
Big fan of First Choice, and for a good reason - they've been sampled and remixed by many artists to come. Carl Craig one of them. Just makes me want to get up and dance.

03. Taana Gardner - Work That Body (Larry Levan & Kenton Nix Mix) (1979)
Ultimate disco groove - Larry Levan's legend. My fav remix from him.

04. Funk Masters - Love Money (1980)
Sounds a bit more like house?

05. Exodus - Together Forever (1982)
Early 80's, New York City, birthplace of house music. It just wasn't called house music quite yet.

06. Toney Lee - Reach Up (1982)
I can think of 4 different songs that sampled this great garage house track. Even the music video is funky. Extremely catchy - hunt down the full version!

07. Fingers Inc - Mystery Of Love (1986)
Larry Heard is the godfather of house music. My favourite production from him.

08. Julian Jonah - Jealousy & Lies (Cooltempo 12 Inch Mix) (1988)
Seductive deep house track from Chicago - early deep house stuff! The real deep house.

09. N.Y. House'n Authority - APT. 2B (1989)
I own most of the Nu Groove Records catalogue as they released so much beautiful house music in New York. This is just a snippet of how great the label is.

10. Fallout - The Morning After (Sunrise Mix) (1987)
Fourth Floor Records - amazing seminal label. The track itself was HUGE back then, when I discovered it a few years ago I had it on playback for weeks. Incredible.

11. Neal Howard - Indulge (Club House Mix) (1990)
Late 80's, Europe was getting swept by the Italian piano house bug. I especially enjoy the combination of piano and deep house. Oh, and its Network Records - amazing label with many amazing house and techno goodies. UK.

12. R-Tyme - Illusion (Techno-1 Mix) (1989)
Transmat, a pioneer techno label from Detroit. DETROIT TECHNO, the first two waves 1987-1993 was the golden era. Two of Belleville Three godfathers of techno are featured in this top-5 detroit techno track of mine: produced by Derrick May (hence the familiar strings/beat) and remixed by Juan Atkins (hence the familiar melody and the rhythm).

13. Marc Kinchen - The Rains (S&M Hardcore Mix) (1989)
MK / Mark Kinchen was one of the early pioneers of the UK house/techno scene. Huge fan of all his early stuff.

14. Spectrum – Brazil (1990)
R & S Records. Nuff said. David Morley - yes, the same David Morley at his best even before he started making amazing trance music.

15. CJ Bolland - Confession (1990)
Huge fan of Cee Jay!

16. Mephisto - Euphemia (Mephisto Mix) (1991)
Palmares Records, ITALY. Known not only for its crisp deep house, but for italian hardcore. Yeah, I know you're probably wondering if there was such a thing - yes, it was a vibrant scene back in the day. My absolutely favourite italian techno track.

17. Prodigy - Android (1991)
My favourite track from classic Prodigy. Used to be a fan up until after Fat Of The Land.

18. Indo Tribe – Owl (I Can See You Mix) (1991)
One of the best tracks from one of the best UK old-school techno and hardcore labels - Jumpin' & Pumpin'.

19. Orbital - Fahrenheit 303 (1991)
Orbital was one of my biggest influences and I loved all their music to death ... until the Blue Album came out.

20. Sound Set - Free Sound (1991)
Early 1990s Italian Deep House is immortalized.

21. Sound Waves - I Wanna Feel The Music (Smooth Mix) (1991)
Strictly Rhythm is a legendary label. Especially their stuff 1990-1993.

22. L'll Louis – I'm Hot For You (Unreleased Club Version) (1994)
Canadian cult club classic. If you're Canadian in your late 20's / 30's with a passion for house music - then you KNOW this tune. I have every single possible version of this song, and love them all.

23. Self Control - Just A Feeling (Just Your Mix) (1994)
Toronto Underground (label) / Miguel Graca's early genius. Canadian Deep House of those years is really really good.

24. Code 718 - Equinox (Heavenly Club Mix) (1992)
Danny Tenaglia's best!!!

25. Father & The House Professor - Housematic (Mentalinstrum Dub) (1995)
The original version is complete utter garbage. Made amazing thanks to Mental Instrum from New Jersey, a very talented garage house producer and remixer, along with Smack Trax (label/producer). Those two got me hooked onto "New Jersey sound" type of garage house.

26. Taster's Choice - Instant Coco (Slezzysmoothe Mix) (1997)
Best Chicago area deep house label, in my opinion - Prescription. Have all their releases, including sub-labels, so much quality house music.

27. Daniel Bell - The Symphony (Can You Feel It) (1997)
Personal club classic favourite of that year.

28. I-Levels - Dope Eyes (1997)
Guidance Recordings released many great house EP's up until 2001, after which they went to shit.

29. LTJ Bukem - Feel What You Feel (2000)
My very favourite from the legend - however, this is not drum 'n bass.

30. Hanna - Softly (2003)
Late 90's and early 2000's saw a rise to countless quality deep house labels such as Plastic City and Dessous. And then there were more obscure ones like Séparé Recordings. Check out the sound of Hanna!

Notable omissions: The Stickmen, Ian Pooley, Grant Nelson, Moodymann, Funk D'Void, Fellows, Mole People (Armand Van Helden), 808 State, Masters At Work, Smack Productions, Daft Punk, MBG, Terry Lee Brown Jr, Pepe Bradock, Timewriter, Don Carlos, Kerri Chandler, David Morales, Dave Lee (Joey Negro).

Whenever you go and buy something, you are affecting someone somewhere, be it environment, a person, or a community - you're making a statement with what you buy. So make it a smart choice ... Its a big picture

Last edited by Magnetonium on Feb-03-2012 at 15:06

Old Post Feb-03-2012 04:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnetonium Click here to Send Magnetonium a Private Message Visit Magnetonium's homepage! Add Magnetonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

wow I can't believe I haven't checked this thread out previously. This is exactly what I'm interested in music for. I love eclectic music. Interested to see what everyone comes up with. I think i'll start at the beginning heheh...

Old Post Feb-03-2012 19:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kr00t0n
Archduke of Awesome

Can I enter for this year?

Got a bunch of stuff from before I got fully in to trance.

Old Post Feb-03-2012 20:12  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kr00t0n Click here to Send kr00t0n a Private Message Visit kr00t0n's homepage! Add kr00t0n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sisterbliss
licking the lollipop

this thread just keeps producing. nice! beautiful photo !! phil, your set looks fan-tickling-tuckling-tastic. i'm downloading now. i think i'll have a patio party this weekend just for listening to the last 3 or 4 sets shared in here, so much fun stuff.

krooton, sweets aka chrissi (echo of silence) makes the schedule. i'll let her know you're interested. if anyone else is interested, let us know. this is what's available:

1. bonus set: this is where you create a set without invitation that fits the spirit of the thread and share it when u want
2. a followup set - this is where someone who has already done a part i puts together a part ii (we've had one)
3. a replacement set - this is where someone who has already done a set wants to redo it (we've had one)
4. express an interest in "sharing your classics" -- see original post in the thread

bonus set is a free for all. the others, u want to be slotted on the calender.

Old Post Feb-04-2012 01:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sisterbliss Click here to Send sisterbliss a Private Message Add sisterbliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Yes! Thank you, Phil!

Yeah, we need to do a TAs Share Their Classics, marathon, Meg. Maybe next time we have one of our weekend patio-pool parties? I love listening to these.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Feb-04-2012 22:20  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

It's time for March...I'm holding my breath...

I think (without checking my schedule) that we have scheduled "TAs share their Classics" through August, maybe September 2012ish.

Remember, if anyone is interested in participating, drop me a message, please.

I am interested in "Part 2"...or "remake Part 1" or if you missed your month, for whatever reason and would like to hop back onto the schedule, let me know.

Sunsurge's part 2 shows how good a Part 2 can be!

Are other TAs listening to these sets? Should we turn the thread over to someone else or maybe unsticky it so when it bounces back to the front of the forum, it gets more attention?

Your thoughts are welcome...always.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Mar-07-2012 19:24  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

You can probably count me in for another one, dear.

Old Post Mar-07-2012 20:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

quote:
Originally posted by Magnetonium

I listened, it was awesome

will be listening again

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Mar-22-2012 17:55  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Frea....mp3?w=0d0d982c

Old Post Apr-07-2012 19:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > System J's "TAs Share Their Classics" - Part II
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTHOMAS MICHAEL's AUDIOGASM track ID needed [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLiquid Overdose - Fearsome Bass Defence [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread