Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Well, I was going to write my big-ass post but then my housemate, who's a massive comic buff and erstwhile film student, just came in and said, "Had any more thoughts about TDKR?" and I can't be bothered saying it all again.

So, in short: it wasn't that good. The plot is extremely overcooked and relies on so many contrivances and conveniences that I just can't take the symbolic and allegorical struggles of each character seriously. I can't stand a film that tries to present itself as smart, and ladens down every character and fist fight with multi-layered allegory, and yet simultaneously treats the viewer like an idiot because it expects us to turn our brains off and accept so much stupidity and coincidence. This is basically a problem I have with comics and comic book movies in general. I thought The Dark Knight was a good film because it managed to stay just on the edge of plausibility. TDKR, in trying to top it, falls off the tightrope.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-31-2012 16:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

they should of made DKR like the first version, except in this one, he has sort of fallen in a different way. Everything goes to shit. His property and assets seized, he is being hunted, and then he has to start again. And then when the bad guys think they have it all, boom, i'm back. Except this time he is really fucking pissed. Super pissed. And he manages to find some money guy and he just goes overboard on the tech. And he is really fucking mean. And there is no bruce wayne. Just batman. There are no sort of plot hurdles , it is just a revenge movie pretty much. And he fucking dies at the end. And that is him rising. The end.

honestly, i don't understand why they have such a hard time making movies.

Old Post Jul-31-2012 17:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Jul-31-2012 17:06  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

that chick did the worst job of dying ever!

and the first thing batman does after escaping a jail in jersualem is cover a bridge in gasoline so it looks like a bat when lit???? WHAT ABT THE BOMB BATMAN!!! WHAT ABOUT THE BOMB!!! how the hell did he find an hour to do such great craftsmanship when the bomb was going to blow in 5 hrs!!!!

and who else thought Batman was bringing the bomb across the bridge to New Jersey??!?

Old Post Aug-02-2012 03:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

That really would have made him a superhero.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 03:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Well, I was going to write my big-ass post but then my housemate, who's a massive comic buff and erstwhile film student, just came in and said, "Had any more thoughts about TDKR?" and I can't be bothered saying it all again.

So, in short: it wasn't that good. The plot is extremely overcooked and relies on so many contrivances and conveniences that I just can't take the symbolic and allegorical struggles of each character seriously. I can't stand a film that tries to present itself as smart, and ladens down every character and fist fight with multi-layered allegory, and yet simultaneously treats the viewer like an idiot because it expects us to turn our brains off and accept so much stupidity and coincidence. This is basically a problem I have with comics and comic book movies in general. I thought The Dark Knight was a good film because it managed to stay just on the edge of plausibility. TDKR, in trying to top it, falls off the tightrope.

TDK had a better story with a better villian.

Bane is clever and smart in the beginning and turns out to be a complete dolt who gets hit in the mask once and then is taken out completely by a character who could have been left out completely. Better yet, Batman should have died. Not pretend, I'm retired now but I'm still alive to appease fans, No! More like I made the ultimate sacrfice for the gotham, and that is to die.

There were so many loose ends that just got tied up in a passing, matter of fact way. How comissioner Gordan never figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman is kind of shocking considering all of the gadgets and shit BAtman has, Bruce is one of the few in the city to have access to the kind of resources you would need.

Batman shouldn't have beaten Bane out of anger, but of fear. He's lost so much up until the point that losing gotham would have been a legitimate motivation to finally defeat bane. It would have actually have made sense so that Batman could apply what he learned.

Showing the Bat after batman got out of prison would have been better and more exciting. I don't know why filmmakers put the best action towards the beginning of the movie.

The passionate dialog between alfred and bruce is cut short in the beginning, and that is kind of too bad because their feud could have lasted longer and played a more integral part of the story.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 06:33  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I swear 80% of Michael Caine's lines were in tears.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 06:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GoSpeedGo!
no more Mr. Nice Guy

Everyone's talking about how it's much better the second time around and it makes me want to see it again. It's so common with Nolan's films.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 08:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for GoSpeedGo! Click here to Send GoSpeedGo! a Private Message Add GoSpeedGo! to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

That's definitely true in my experience. I appreciated Dark Knight the most the third time around.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 18:41  United States
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

they better not make another batman with robin. and i agree it would have been awesome if batman just died.

also I agree the stupid lil boy twist was fuckin retarded i was waiting for someone else be like "NO! I was the lil boy!" thats not a plot twist that was just fuckin gay. The movie could have kept going without that stupid woman.

I will just say this, cool movie by the last 45 mins killed it for me.

We def didnt need a robin. I hope if they do make a new Batman they cast Drake as robin

Old Post Aug-02-2012 18:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

That's almost as ridiculous as Halle Berry starring in her own Catwo-

Oh.

Old Post Aug-02-2012 19:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Beatflux
TDK had a better story with a better villian.
Not pretend, I'm retired now but I'm still alive to appease fans, No! More like I made the ultimate sacrfice for the gotham, and that is to die.

good luck selling that to the studio.

So um Mr NOlan, when you say die, you mean bat man 4 takes place in heaven ? No, jewish guy with dress shirt tucked into jeans, i'm saying thats it. Other jewish guy with poney tail and persian features -Right, because he has done all he can on earth, ahh we can do a 3 spin off, batman in hell , batman in heaven and batman in limbo. You know who be the best satan, Hellboy, ahhh yaaaa,

Old Post Aug-02-2012 19:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackG-Spott - "G-Licious" (DJ Calvin Remix) [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMike Macaluso - "The Final Chapter" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread