Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Ricardo Villalobos
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
The 3am Junkie
Bargrooves...

Ricardo Villalobos

I was interested on your opinions about him as a producer and DJ; mainly on the production side however. What are your favorite tracks hes produced? Other good aliases? What style does he play as a DJ or producer?
Thanks in advance

Moshic Live @ Pabellon 1, Feria Internacional, San Salvador, El Salvador
Seccion de Ibero-America en TA http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=63

Old Post May-08-2006 23:58  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for The 3am Junkie Click here to Send The 3am Junkie a Private Message Add The 3am Junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

u gotta catch him on a good nite and b4 he practically OD's on every drug u can think of

overall he is very minimal and can be boring as f*ck, other nights he can bang shit out and be unreal, im sorry but u just never know

Old Post May-09-2006 00:30  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chesco
out to lunch

Production wise I think he's off the boil at the moment i'd say, but I seen him 2 fridays ago playing a 5 hour b2b set with luciano and let me tell you it was anything but boring.

everything from deep house, to minimal to techno... He's a top dj and producer who likes to party which can taint his performaces sometimes.

Old Post May-09-2006 08:26  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for chesco Click here to Send chesco a Private Message Add chesco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

EEEAAAASSSSSSSYYYYY LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Alcachofa!

Old Post May-09-2006 08:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bobba lou
you need some activator

Anything Ricardo has done is solid for the most part. I think Ricardo sound takes some time to understand and appreciate. PvDOBseSSioN, give it some time or maybe after your upcoming Ibiza trip you'll come back raving about him or a deeper more obscure mnml head. There is more to mnml then sven and richie, ese.

I've always meant to ask this....who the fuck are you? I mean i have never heard of you or the 5 friends you have on your myspace. Official info : chokeonit

Old Post May-09-2006 12:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bobba lou Click here to Send bobba lou a Private Message Visit bobba lou's homepage! Add bobba lou to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dcctnycprincess
TechnoAddict

ricardo is meant the dj to see in ibiza on the beach...and yes he does like to party but from what i've heard he's still amazing

i have a couple of his sets - if you want i can post them

Old Post May-09-2006 13:28  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for dcctnycprincess Click here to Send dcctnycprincess a Private Message Visit dcctnycprincess's homepage! Add dcctnycprincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Estella
Puttin' on boogy shoes!

Ruthless!

Old Post May-09-2006 16:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Estella Click here to Send Estella a Private Message Add Estella to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dublin Guy
your ole one

saw him do a 3 hr set over here last week,he drank a bottle of vodka behind the decks all to him self,he's some man for it alright !

he played Alter Ego - Daktari (Villalobos remix) & also played lemon 8-model 8,think its been rereleased on minus in the summer, so every one will be playing it.

Old Post May-09-2006 21:24  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Dublin Guy Click here to Send Dublin Guy a Private Message Add Dublin Guy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

Good lord hes gone... How does he stay sober enough to produce?

Old Post May-09-2006 21:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The 3am Junkie
Bargrooves...

quote:
Originally posted by dcctnycprincess
i have a couple of his sets - if you want i can post them

I would love it if you posted them. Thanks for all the reviews and recommedations. Keep the especially the production recommendations coming!

Moshic Live @ Pabellon 1, Feria Internacional, San Salvador, El Salvador
Seccion de Ibero-America en TA http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=63

Old Post May-09-2006 22:34  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for The 3am Junkie Click here to Send The 3am Junkie a Private Message Add The 3am Junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Originally posted by iammesol
Good lord hes gone... How does he stay sober enough to produce?

He looks that way in pretty much every pic I've ever seen of him.

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post May-09-2006 23:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Timski
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah I have never seen a picture of him looking straight...

I have personally never heard him play a set or play out when I didnt enjoy seeing him... Even though he is notorious for trainwrecking he has become some what of an icon all the same, I still don't know if I want to give someone credit who is loved for being so fucked all the time...

Either way hes productions I feel are quite solid and enjoyable... But I do love my minimal stuff.

Also I have always got him mixed up with Karotte for some reason.

Old Post May-09-2006 23:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Timski Click here to Send Timski a Private Message Visit Timski's homepage! Add Timski to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Ricardo Villalobos
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack played by Derrick may needed [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFreebase - "Broken" (Fire & Ice Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread