Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

No clue what ringside is like. The bowl is good though.

Old Post Feb-10-2011 05:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adamo
womp womp

i plan on scalping massive tickets for UFC 129 and making maximum jew profit. wish me luck.

Old Post Feb-10-2011 06:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Adamo Click here to Send Adamo a Private Message Add Adamo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VDub
Scoundrel

There's some serious bullshit going on with ticketmaster right now...

Bunch of fuckin scammers...

LOL so fitting.

Old Post Feb-10-2011 16:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for VDub Click here to Send VDub a Private Message Add VDub to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
No clue what ringside is like. The bowl is good though.

i've been 2 rows back, which is amazing. I once was in the 7th row, and every time there was a takedown i would have to catch the action on the big screen...you just can't see anything.

Old Post Feb-11-2011 00:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

here shaw, to give you an idea:

5th row, lower bowl koschek vs st pierre.

reall good view of the action from here.

Old Post Feb-11-2011 01:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
if silva fights gsp don't expect him to try and kick at all. the most you will see is knees in the clench...george is too good of a wrestler to start throwing wild kicks...silva will end up on his back if he does this.

The catch weight fight would be interesting...i can see st pierre just working the jab until he sees an opening to take him down...the problem with this fight is that it will most likely be boring. When Silva fights primo opposition he does not take chances and is the most boring fighter in the UFC. They are both "counter move" fighters...so unless one goes on the offensive, i can see 5 rounds of a lot of nothing happening.

Personally I don't even see anyone thinking the fight wouldn't go to the ground. It's all up to Anderson's jiu jitsu offense and GSP's jiu jitsu defense. That's it, really (unless something crazy happens like with Vitor).

Old Post Feb-11-2011 02:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

striking = advantage anderson...gsp is good on his feet, but not in the same class and does not have that power.

ground = advantage gsp. george has top notch bjj and is a world class wrestler.

let's get through Jake Shields first...but he is over rated and we will see him dominated in Toronto.

Old Post Feb-11-2011 02:54 
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
let's get through Jake Shields first...he is over rated and we will see him dominated in Toronto.

Agreed.

Old Post Feb-11-2011 02:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Shield's last fight was beyond unimpressive against someone not even qualified to shine gsp's shoes.

Old Post Feb-11-2011 03:01 
shaw
RIP

Thanks, Jay. I guess I'll see what strings can be pulled, or else go to the normal seats.

And GSP is going to destroy Shields. Even if you want to claim that his wrestling is better (which is debatable) and that therefore, he will, somehow, be the first person to figure out how to take down GSP, he has a huge disadvantage once he's there. Only chance is a lucky punch.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Feb-11-2011 05:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

quote:
Originally posted by shaw
And GSP is going to destroy Shields. Even if you want to claim that his wrestling is better (which is debatable) and that therefore, he will, somehow, be the first person to figure out how to take down GSP, he has a huge disadvantage once he's there. Only chance is a lucky punch.

Shields' wrestling is significantly worse than Koscheck's (compare their respective fights against Paul Daley, who Koscheck took down at will, whereas Shields struggled mightily). Shield's striking is virtually non-existent. If there was ever a fighter who didn't even have a punchers chance, it's Jake Shields.

Basically Shields' only chance to win the fight is to try to jump guard and catch a guillotine choke the way he did against Robbie Lawler when he couldn't take Lawler down. But, I have a hard time seeing GSP fall prey to that, and GSP is extremely good at controlling the distance, so Shields will probably have few opportunities to even attempt something like that.

Old Post Feb-11-2011 11:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

it would be fun to see GSP strike with someone again. He seems to rely on his wrestling with everyone since that Serra upset.

But he will probably still take shields down and dominate him.

Old Post Feb-11-2011 14:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The MMA thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (53): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid please [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackClub Royale - Losing Sleep [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread