Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The movie recommendations thread, son
Pages (254): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion



Registered: Jul 2002
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
My thoughts exactly. It was hot - but not too hot. But not too cold, either - just very lukewarm despite the moments of excitement that thankfully weren't too frequent. It was mostly just right, but not so right it was wrong, you know?


I hope you donít have a dream to write movie reviews.

Old Post May-07-2010 03:51  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The17sss
C.R.E.A.M.



Registered: May 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC

Going to watch Donnie Darko for the first time in about 30 minutes.

Old Post May-07-2010 05:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The17sss Click here to Send The17sss a Private Message Add The17sss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LeopoldStotch
Suapremae tranecadictt



Registered: Jan 2005
Location: Yawbs,Giaks,and Automobiles

quote:
Originally posted by The17sss
Going to watch Donnie Darko for the first time in about 30 minutes.


Geez. What rock have you beeen living under? . Kidding ....

About to watch iron man 2. Review coming from me soon in a couple of hours (or maybe days) .......


___________________

Old Post May-07-2010 05:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LeopoldStotch Click here to Send LeopoldStotch a Private Message Visit LeopoldStotch's homepage! Add LeopoldStotch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The17sss
C.R.E.A.M.



Registered: May 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC

quote:
Originally posted by LeopoldStotch
Geez. What rock have you beeen living under? . Kidding ....

About to watch iron man 2. Review coming from me soon in a couple of hours (or maybe days) .......


Yeah tell me about it. It's been one of those movies that's always escaped me for some reason.

Old Post May-07-2010 05:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The17sss Click here to Send The17sss a Private Message Add The17sss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Minimalism
tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2008
Location: california

Old Post May-07-2010 05:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Minimalism Click here to Send Minimalism a Private Message Add Minimalism to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al



Registered: May 2004
Location: Cascadia

Dunno if it has been mentioned yet or not, but I just watched The Boat That Rocked, or Pirate Radio in the US. I enjoyed it, though towards the end it seemed to drag, and then get a bit too overdramatic/cheesy for the finale, especially when compared to the rest of the movie.

However, I ultimately choose to say that it's an absolutely fantastic film, if only for the following...










Old Post May-07-2010 09:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam



Registered: Sep 2006
Location: Chateau Verdafloor

quote:
Originally posted by The17sss
Going to watch Donnie Darko for the first time in about 30 minutes.


It's not that good. More hype than it's worth, IMO.

Interesting maybe, but not that good at all.


___________________

Old Post May-07-2010 09:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LeopoldStotch
Suapremae tranecadictt



Registered: Jan 2005
Location: Yawbs,Giaks,and Automobiles

just saw Iron Man 2 last night.

the good ....

- the action. textbook action scenes from cover to cover. can't complain about it, because you can't go beyond shooting, robots, and fight sequences unless scarlett johannson jumps in the middle of a fight naked, and kicks everyone's asses.
- the cast. downey jr. paltrow. johannson. cheadle. rourke. rockwell. jackson. shandling.
- mickey rourke. the guy is the man. played an excellent villian.
- sam rockwell. imo stole the show. i love this guy, and he was funny at certain scenes. His villian role was not believable, but still likeable nonetheless. [SPOILER]Looking forward to seeing him in part 3.[/SPOILER]
- the new trailer for 'Super 8'. movie by speilberg and jj abrams. looks interesting to say the least, for sci-fi fans like me.
- the ending after the credits. please stay after the ending credits, or just look at it on youtube.[SPOILER]Thor introduction.[/SPOILER]
- garry shandling. his small roles in the movie were funny, such as the senate hearing.
- scarlett johnannson. need i say more? also her 1 and only fight sequence was pretty kick ass. pretty hot if you ask me.

... and the bad ....

- mickey rourke. his russian accent and dialect was bad, but because it's mickey i can't label it as awful. it would make linguists like Lira weep in shame.
- robert downey jr. i liked him in the movie, but hell i just felt he tried to drop too many 1 liners to make a funny. some were funny, others were just a heh. also, he overdid the eccentric characteristic tenfolds.
- the story plot. i just felt they had to dumb it down for the common audience. then again, it's an action film.

... and the ugly ....

- scarlett johnannson. her acting. enough said.
- trailer to 'The Last Airbender'. I gave up on Shyamalan ever since 'The Village'.


overall, if you want a taste at a solid action film, this is your movie.


___________________

Last edited by LeopoldStotch on May-07-2010 at 16:00

Old Post May-07-2010 15:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LeopoldStotch Click here to Send LeopoldStotch a Private Message Visit LeopoldStotch's homepage! Add LeopoldStotch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Minimalism
tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2008
Location: california

quote:
Originally posted by LeopoldStotch
just saw Iron Man 2 last night.

the good ....

- the action. textbook action scenes from cover to cover. can't complain about it, because you can't go beyond shooting, robots, and fight sequences unless scarlett johannson jumps in the middle of a fight naked, and kicks everyone's asses.
- the cast. downey jr. paltrow. johannson. cheadle. rourke. rockwell. jackson. shandling.
- mickey rourke. the guy is the man. played an excellent villian.
- sam rockwell. imo stole the show. i love this guy, and he was funny at certain scenes. His villian role was not believable, but still likeable nonetheless. [SPOILER]Looking forward to seeing him in part 3.[/SPOILER]
- the new trailer for 'Super 8'. movie by speilberg and jj abrams. looks interesting to say the least, for sci-fi fans like me.
- the ending after the credits. please stay after the ending credits, or just look at it on youtube.[SPOILER]Thor introduction.[/SPOILER]
- garry shandling. his small roles in the movie were funny, such as the senate hearing.
- scarlett johnannson. need i say more? also her 1 and only fight sequence was pretty kick ass. pretty hot if you ask me.

... and the bad ....

- mickey rourke. his russian accent and dialect was bad, but because it's mickey i can't label it as awful. it would make linguists like Lira weep in shame.
- robert downey jr. i liked him in the movie, but hell i just felt he tried to drop too many 1 liners to make a funny. some were funny, others were just a heh. also, he overdid the eccentric characteristic tenfolds.
- the story plot. i just felt they had to dumb it down for the common audience. then again, it's an action film.

... and the ugly ....

- scarlett johnannson. her acting. enough said.
- trailer to 'The Last Airbender'. I gave up on Shyamalan ever since 'The Village'.


overall, if you want a taste at a solid action film, this is your movie.


No Inception trailer?

Old Post May-07-2010 18:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Minimalism Click here to Send Minimalism a Private Message Add Minimalism to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bananas
baby i got your money



Registered: Oct 2004
Location: Mordor

Have I already recommended Buffalo 66?

Old Post May-07-2010 18:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LeopoldStotch
Suapremae tranecadictt



Registered: Jan 2005
Location: Yawbs,Giaks,and Automobiles

quote:
Originally posted by Minimalism
No Inception trailer?


probably not in the theater i was at. i did see the trailer(hopefully it's the same one) on tv you posted a couple of posts up. just plain sick i have to say. i really do hope the movie doesn't turn out to be a dud, because based on the trailers itself, it just looks fantastic.

the trailers i got were:

Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Shrek part i have no idea. hopefully this is the last one in the series.
Super 8
The Last Airbender


___________________

Old Post May-07-2010 18:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LeopoldStotch Click here to Send LeopoldStotch a Private Message Visit LeopoldStotch's homepage! Add LeopoldStotch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Minimalism
tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2008
Location: california

quote:
Originally posted by LeopoldStotch
probably not in the theater i was at. i did see the trailer(hopefully it's the same one) you posted a couple of posts up. just plain sick i have to say. i really do hope the movie doesn't turn out to be a dud, because based on the trailers itself, it just looks fantastic.


This is gonna be Nolan's 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Old Post May-07-2010 18:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Minimalism Click here to Send Minimalism a Private Message Add Minimalism to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The movie recommendations thread, son
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (254): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:03.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2019

Privacy Statement / DMCA