Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
bananas
baby i got your money

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
James Cameron.

Now that does require " "
edit: meat, you didnt explain how dark knight is overrated and uninspired

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by bananas
Now that does require " "
edit: meat, you didnt explain how dark knight is overrated and uninspired

What exactly do you consider a "perfect record." Putting out massively successful movies every time you direct one? Directing the 2 highest grossing movies of all time?

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:05  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

It's not common to re-record most or all of the dialog in a studio. If a movie has to do that, it's considered a very bad sign for the crew that made it.

I was in a recording studio once and I overheard the people that work there talking about how funny it was that the entire cast of "Skyline" had to come in and re-record dialogue for pretty much the entire movie. It sounded like it wasn't common for that to happen. And if reviews are to be believed, the people making that film had no idea what they were doing.

As for Nolan, I've liked every film of his that I've seen (still haven't seen Insomnia), and I thought Inception was good and TDK was great. To each his own.

For the frequently mentioned plot issues in TDK, like "how did he rig the hospital with explosives that fast" and "how did he rig the boats with explosives that fast", the answer "because he's the Joker" is sufficient for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ZeeRobot1
Yeah his past 2 performances in batman begins and the dark knight were just stellar and definitely academy award winning

Dick riding batman fans

He did a good job in both. Obviously if a performance isn't award winning, it's terrible

I have no devotion to Batman at all. Just great movies.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
If Lews doesn't do it then I will deny that Nolan is that great.
Inception was a huge failure compared to what it could have been.

Inception wasn't intended for serious Nolan fans. It was to make the masses think and discuss their interpretations. In that sense it succeeded greatly. Not my favorite of his works, but I respect him for making a film like that so popular.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bananas
baby i got your money

quote:
What exactly do you consider a "perfect record." Putting out massively successful movies every time you direct one? Directing the 2 highest grossing movies of all time?

I think that if you did "Avatar" you suck, and if you liked it, you're retarded

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

Fair enough. Many millions of people would disagree with you, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:44  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

Not retarded, just easily lulled into happiness by bright shiny things.

So yeah, retarded.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:45  United States
srussell0018
Chaostician

I thought it was a better movie than The Dark Knight, but that was mostly because of Christian Bale.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 16:48  Ireland
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I bet you're a cutter.

And I would have been perfectly happy having someone besides Bale as Batman. He isn't bad, but he doesn't bring much to the role imo.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 17:10  United States
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I bet you're a cutter.

wat

Old Post Jul-21-2011 17:15  Ireland
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I thought it was a better movie than The Dark Knight

You like to bring pain upon yourself. In this case by saying stupid shit like this.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 17:25  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeophyte - Is Anybody Out There (? Remix) or sth like that (simple title not artist) [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBryan Zentz - May Your Blade Chip And Shatter [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread