Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

https://www.mixcloud.com/Hidden_Agenda/urbanity/

1Riversby Naden
2Rabbit Mountainby M.A.N.D.Y
3GameOvrby Sasha
4Napierby Rolo Green
5Warm Memoriesby Digital Dept
6Farewell water of lifeby Hidden Agenda
7Cannonballby Filtherheadz
8All your dreamsby Gary Burrows
9Mental collapseby Manuel Mucua
10Black Spaceby Adrian hour
11Love Kills Slowlyby Gymmy J
12And I saidby Boris Brejcha

Old Post Sep-14-2017 11:04  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

Mine will be ready this week. I just need to redo the last third of the mix. I don't like its structure + I fucked up a transition in my first take too badly to live with it.

Old Post Sep-14-2017 18:25  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Well then. Here's some horror for y'all. I could had just slapped some tracks from horror movies together and called it a mix, but that would had been no fun. Instead, I chose to do a soundtrack of my own, to a horror film that does not (yet) exist.

So don't expect any kind of traditional DJ set here. You've got drone, IDM, death metal, trip hop and fun stuff like that to make you wonder what that sound under your bed is.

OrgaNik - The Demon Inside (Soundtrack To A Fictional Film)

01. Rob Zombie - A Hearse That Overturns With The Coffin Bursting Open [Zodiac Swan]
02. Simon Maverick - Silentwave.01 [Bief]
03. Burzum - Heljarmyrkr [Byelobog Productions]
04. Opeth - Ghost Of Perdition [Roadrunner]
05. Massive Attack - Fatalism (Ryuichi Sakamoto & Yukihiro Takahashi Remix) [Virgin]
06. Nine Inch Nails - 2 Ghosts I [The Null Corporation]
07. Akira Yamaoka - Hostility [Konami]
08. Oranssi Pazuzu - Hypnotisoitu Viharukous [Svart]
09. Sunn O))) - It Took The Night To Believe [Southern Lord]
10. Autechre - curvcaten [Warp]
11. Tricky - Valentine (Andy Stott Remix) [False Idols]

Old Post Sep-15-2017 14:22  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
1Riversby Naden
2Rabbit Mountainby M.A.N.D.Y
3GameOvrby Sasha
4Napierby Rolo Green
5Warm Memoriesby Digital Dept
6Farewell water of lifeby Hidden Agenda
7Cannonballby Filtherheadz
8All your dreamsby Gary Burrows
9Mental collapseby Manuel Mucua
10Black Spaceby Adrian hour
11Love Kills Slowlyby Gymmy J
12And I saidby Boris Brejcha

I think you did a really good job capturing the inner city vibe with this. My only criticism would be that your flow had a couple confusing directions. In the first half you kicked off with some light and airy tracks, a sunny day driving over a bridge into a bustling city, and then dropped a couple darker ones, making me think it was already midnight and we were in the belly of a dark and seedy urban neighborhood with some shifty characters staring at you. Instead of continuing along this path, you dropped a few more melodic tracks before kicking the dark techno into overdrive, so that kind of lost me a bit. Other than that the theme was very clearly met and you did a great job mixing everything. Well done!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Sep-16-2017 13:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

My mix is ready now as well.

In June, I wound up drinking at one of the many Oslo Pride-related events with a bunch of my colleagues. There was a dance tent there, and surprisingly, the people congregated inside it were really into the house being played by the DJs. However, these DJs were playing it so straight, linear and middle of the road, and it made me wonder what could have happened if someone had injected a bit more pace and dynamics into the proceedings. So, this mix is what I would have thrown at that crowd to get as much energy out of them before the 11 pm curfew for outside events. It's one of the most accessible and pop oriented house mixes I've done for quite a while.

Frankie Knuckles pres. Director's Cut feat. B Slade - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) (A Director's Cut Production) [Nocturnal Groove - CTGD086]
Bon Garçon - Freek U (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Mix) [Eye Industries ‎– 9872138]
DJ 3000 - Hit The Floor [Bullet:Dodge – BDR060]
Alex Celler - Back To The Bounce [Cinematic - CIN12008]
Carl Taylor - Debbie's Groove (Robert Hood Mix) [Epm Music - EPM24]
Derrick L. Carter - 10 [Classic ‎– CMC80]
The Brothers Grimm - Exodus (The Lion Awakes) (WNCL VIP) [Sneaker Social Club ‎– SNKR010]
Blackwax - Surface [Tube 10 ‎– TUBE10011]
Elisa Bee - Me Now [Booty Call - BCR043]
Run The Jewels - Call Ticketron [Run The Jewels - xxx]
Stereotyp feat. Edu K & Joyce Muniz - Jece Valadão [Man - 010]
Benjamin Damage - 808 Rhythm [Solva - SLV001]
Majora - Armor King [Roska Kicks & Snares - MR072]
Size Queen - K-Hole (Uncle Montana Edit) [Soundcloud]
Xzique - Outside Looking In (Down) (Sub Project Remix) [Baroque - BARQ005]
Soul Mekanik - Diskostatic (Tarrantella vs Redanka Mix) [Rip - RIPT 002]
Underworld - Cowgirl (Bedrock Mix) [JBO/V2 - JBO5012513]
Wink feat. Lil' Louis - How's Your Evening So Far? [Ovum - OVM125]
Gary Beck - Famoo Funk [BEK Audio - 029]
Octave One feat. Ann Saunderson - Jazzo/Lose Myself [430 West - 4WCLCD2600]
Francesco Farfa - Universal Love [Serial Killer Vinyl - SK-038R]
Antidote - Eclipse (Kamasutra Mix) [Dutchie Music - 131]
Chlorine Mist - Reset [Donky Pitch - DKY027]
HAIM - Falling (Duke Dumont Remix) [Polydor - xxx]

Old Post Sep-17-2017 22:48  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Well this has been a much quieter start than I thought. There hasn't been much movement at all on this challenge so far.

Technically the deadline is on Sept 30th in a couple weeks but I was already planning on giving an extension anyways to at least the end of October. Can I get some status updates from people on how they are doing?

Hey Nick,

Ive been prepping stuff but havent got that close to the recording stage yet. I've also had my mixer nearly die on me so might need to get it repaired before I can do any recording so end of October would make my likfe easier. I have got a solid plan for this and want to make sure I do it justice!

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Sep-18-2017 12:23  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by djdk
Hey Nick,

Ive been prepping stuff but havent got that close to the recording stage yet. I've also had my mixer nearly die on me so might need to get it repaired before I can do any recording so end of October would make my likfe easier. I have got a solid plan for this and want to make sure I do it justice!

No problem man, I know people have busy lives and various roadblocks along the way. As long as you guys communicate with me I have no problem working around people's schedules. Last year I sent Floorfiller several PM's and he never responded, so working around his schedule was never an option!

The new due date is now Monday, October 30th.

Glad to see some mixes being submitted now! Looking forward to listening to everything.

Old Post Sep-18-2017 17:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Well then. Here's some horror for y'all. I could had just slapped some tracks from horror movies together and called it a mix, but that would had been no fun. Instead, I chose to do a soundtrack of my own, to a horror film that does not (yet) exist.

Nice work. I think the three or so metal tracks in here anchor the mix very nicely, and you've managed to nicely add texure and tension in between them with the more ambient tracks as well. The mix is a bit too short to really develop further than the doomy atmosphere that is set up initially, but it works well in a sort of "stick your head inside the horror movie theatre for an hour" type of fashion all the same.

Old Post Sep-21-2017 15:09  Norway
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Ziptnf - Electric Summer [retro/synthwave]

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

I've had a great summer; I got a promotion and my wife is pregnant with our first child. I have also attended a few great local music shows recently and enjoyed a lot of new sounds and styles. I had two distinct directions to take this mix: go the housey route or go full blown retro, 80's synthwave style.

The synthwave scene can tend to have a reputation of being loaded with children of the late 80's and early 90's that romance about times that they hardly remember, basing their productions on cult classics and popular music from that decade. Despite this, and sifting through hundreds of forcibly ironic tracks with bad lyrics about high schools that only exist in movies, I was able to find a solid tracklist that helps frame my wonderful summer. Hopefully you will find a fresh, dreamy, cheesy lyric-free mix that may remind you of your favorite memories.

Classixx - Hanging Gardens [Innovative Leisure]
Anoraak - Skyline [Endless Summer]
Sellorekt/LA Dreams - Sudden Moves [Sellorekt/LA Dreams]
FM-84 - Neon Sunrise [FM-84]
Tycho - See [Ghostly International]
The Midnight - Kick Drums & Red Wine [The Midnight]
Phaserland - Smolder [Rosso Corsa]
Beckett - Rush [InnerDark]
D/A/D - Backbone of the Night [Rosso Corsa]
Dance With The Dead - Waves [Dance With The Dead]
StardonE - Love Fighter [Nightrunners]
Sung - Zodiac [Geoffrey Graven]
Epoch - ZZ (Double Zeta) [Retro Promenade]
Volkor X - The Bomb [Planet Cracker]

Enjoy!

download:
Ziptnf - Electric Summer (57:39) 138.4MB ~320kbps

Amazing mix I loved it honestly.

If I had to make any negative comments there are some out of key transitions but I mean I am really nit picking there to find a negative. The quality of the tracks chosen and their order is right and the material is heavily melodic and synth laden so not much you can do about key especially with such short windows for transitions.

You have gained a new fan sir.

Old Post Oct-04-2017 10:06  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Re: Re: Ziptnf - Electric Summer [retro/synthwave]

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
Amazing mix I loved it honestly.

If I had to make any negative comments there are some out of key transitions but I mean I am really nit picking there to find a negative. The quality of the tracks chosen and their order is right and the material is heavily melodic and synth laden so not much you can do about key especially with such short windows for transitions.

You have gained a new fan sir.

Thank you so much! I'm a sucker for melodic shit, you'll find it is a core theme to a lot of my mixes. Glad you enjoyed! Unfortunately I haven't made any other mixes like this, my set archive is pretty much all over the place

Old Post Oct-05-2017 19:40 
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

Hi guys!

Is it late to join in?

Old Post Oct-08-2017 09:43  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by mphreak
Hi guys!

Is it late to join in?

Yes, you are too late. Sorry. Please read the original post.

We have one of these every year or so. Try again next summer.

Old Post Oct-08-2017 18:45 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackClaude Young Radio 1 Mix [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdj tiesto - sparkles (Transa Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread