Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Playa24_7
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
When you DENY the request, there is a check box to ignore future invitations from that PIN...

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
I'm pretty sure one of the options is "ignore future requests" when you block/delete someone.

K awesome, I'll tell her this, thanks.

Old Post Oct-13-2010 13:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Playa24_7 Click here to Send Playa24_7 a Private Message Add Playa24_7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
Rogers customer retentions are actually a pretty easy touch. Just remain professional but firm. Treat the person on the other end of the line with respect and you'll be shocked how well they respond. Ultimately, my torches cost me $50 combined and I scored 30% off my cable service and 15% off my interweb for two years. Also, as with all negotiations; formulate your range of numbers before going in and have both your arguments and counters to their rebutles planned before you call.

Exactly... the first few lines say it all. Let them know your side, your point your expectations and treat them with respect and you'll get what you want... don't demand, whine, yell, sob etc... that's fear, they smell fear! LOL!

Old Post Oct-13-2010 16:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
Exactly... the first few lines say it all. Let them know your side, your point your expectations and treat them with respect and you'll get what you want... don't demand, whine, yell, sob etc... that's fear, they smell fear! LOL!

or tell them you're gonna get the torch through telus...

Old Post Oct-13-2010 17:52  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by LKD

I did that except substitute Bell for Telus... initially they offered me the same price as Bell's new customer price; I then laughed a little and noted that if I were going to talk to Bell I'd be talking about mobile, home phone, LD, television, and internet so presumably I could negotiate a better deal. That sent the agent scrambling a little. Remember folks, as a consumer you have some leverage, don't be afraid to use it; however, you have to be willing to follow through on your threats.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Oct-13-2010 17:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
I did that except substitute Bell for Telus... initially they offered me the same price as Bell's new customer price; I then laughed a little and noted that if I were going to talk to Bell I'd be talking about mobile, home phone, LD, television, and internet so presumably I could negotiate a better deal. That sent the agent scrambling a little. Remember folks, as a consumer you have some leverage, don't be afraid to use it; however, you have to be willing to follow through on your threats.

noice...I'm with telus and I don't have to really haggle...I just say "cmon...i've been a customer for x years"..."hmmm..ok i'll give you this, that, and that for free"

I pay $25 less on all the options I have on my plan

Old Post Oct-13-2010 18:00  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by LKD

I did mention that I wanted a torch and that if they couldn't get me one I was going to use those credits to cover my contract buyout and go with a employee plan with Bell and my work to get a free Torch and that one way or another I was getting one, but from whom was up in the air...

Old Post Oct-13-2010 18:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
exstasie
Hack Attack

quote:
Rogers customer retentions are actually a pretty easy touch. Just remain professional but firm. Treat the person on the other end of the line with respect and you'll be shocked how well they respond. Ultimately, my torches cost me $50 combined and I scored 30% off my cable service and 15% off my interweb for two years. Also, as with all negotiations; formulate your range of numbers before going in and have both your arguments and counters to their rebutles planned before you call.

That's what I did as well.

I actually priced out what Internet/Cable Fibe with Bell would've cost me all in, and asked Rogers what they could to do match it.

They offered me both my boxes (1 HD PVR, 1 HD) free for the duration of my contract + 20% off Internet and some discounts on my cable.

Don't be to rediculous in what you are asking, but just tell them straight up that competition offers you less and they have no problem giving you discounts to keep you.

Like you said, speak to them with respect, and don't get angry at them. And if you don't like what they offered, just leave the conversation and call back in a few days. A lot of times it depends on the CSR you get and the mood they are in.

Old Post Oct-13-2010 20:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for exstasie Click here to Send exstasie a Private Message Add exstasie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

Alright, I got my phone bill and I'm gonna call Rogers this week to get a credit for the 3G problems and see if I can get a Torch out of it and some changes to my phone plan.

I'm paying about $60/month (all in) now with:

200 cdn long distance
evening and weekends from 6pm
250 daytime
500 MB
10,000 texts
voicemail and all that shit
and Rogers to Rogers free

I want to still only pay about $60/month and get:

200 cdn long distance
500 daytime
500 MB (or 1 Gig)
10,000 texts (or unlimited)
and canadaian wide my5

Any tips?

Old Post Oct-27-2010 00:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Sorry Lisa, I totally forgot to coach you when we went for drinks yesterday lol, we'll talk soon!

But in other news...

FUCK YA!!!

Loving it so far!

Old Post Oct-29-2010 05:26  Canada
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

I'm calling them today. I don't need coaching Sandeep. I've told you I've done this twice before. Just wanted any extra tips from people's recent experiences.

Old Post Oct-29-2010 11:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*

200 cdn long distance
500 daytime
500 MB (or 1 Gig)
10,000 texts (or unlimited)
and canadaian wide my5

Any tips?

I have a relations plan that's similar:

100 Long Distnace Mins
Evenings & Weekends From 6pm
550 Daytime
6GB Data
Unlimited Incomming
Unlimited Network Calling
Voicemail, Caller ID, Conference, etc.
Unlimited Text Messaging

$69/mth

No real tips unfortunately, but just be aware plans like this do exist and if you get the right agent they shouldn't give you too hard a time.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Oct-29-2010 12:51  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

i need to upgrade my phone and need to get a better plan.

help.

Old Post Oct-29-2010 18:32  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help me ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSpooky - "Belong" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread