Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Western Canada NHL Playoffs Thread - Flames vs. Canucks
Pages (28): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ChadVanDyk
Supreme tranceaddict

Post #300

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox
YEAH BABY!!!

good game, i was disappointed at that goal 7seconds left

My prayers have been answered.....15 years of bullshit blown away....man is this sweet.

Great series and amazing games...especially 6 and 7.

I can't wait until we barbecue those dead wings.....oh yeah.

Old Post Apr-20-2004 05:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChadVanDyk Click here to Send ChadVanDyk a Private Message Add ChadVanDyk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
j_spot
retired

so now my question..close this thread and ask for it to be moved to 'classics section' OR
leave it open, and rename it the Flames playoff thread?

and the next question

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO
a.STUDY
b.GO TO SLEEP NOW!

Last edited by j_spot on Apr-20-2004 at 05:57

Old Post Apr-20-2004 05:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for j_spot Click here to Send j_spot a Private Message Visit j_spot's homepage! Add j_spot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sean Walsh
JAGERMAESTRO

Well, that hurts. Great game, great series; I was sure Vancouver would win it after scoring with 5 secs left, but that's hockey. If the losses didn't suck this badly, the victories wouldn't be nearly as sweet. Good job to Calgary, I thought we outplayed you guys big time, but Iginla was awesome and the team rallied around him. Best of luck against Detroit, I'm cheering for you guys in the West.

In other news, GO HABS GO!

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Walsh Click here to Send Sean Walsh a Private Message Add Sean Walsh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
j_spot
retired

Vancouver deserved their 3 wins, and Calgary their first 3. Not much debate there.

this game was back and forth. 1/2 the 1st was nobody, 1/2 was Canucks
2nd period was all Flames, and the 3rd was back and back(more towards Canucks)
they got a lil lucky on a call..but I think calgary did on that 1st goal on saturday. Sadly this shit happens, but if I were Calgary I would still send the tape to head office, and Vancouver will likely be fined for that fans actions.
(speaking of, how do you think they feel, great or bad?..I mean, I would think of myself a moron if I did that..but the resulting play scored a goal, so I would be pretty happy? confusing shit.)

Anyways, it was a great, hard fought series with people dropping all over the place to injuries. I wonder if until Thursday will get Gauthier, Lyndmann, or Simon back in the lineup, and if the others who played hurt will get much better.
Detroit will surely be more rested, and I dont think Joe Louis Arena will be as forgiving as GM Place.

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for j_spot Click here to Send j_spot a Private Message Visit j_spot's homepage! Add j_spot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sean Walsh
JAGERMAESTRO

As grapes said last night, it's a shame that one of these teams has to go out in the first round. I think that if either team had played any other team they both would have won their series. Oh well, San Jose owned us all season and I didn't like our chances against them; sure would have been nice to have a chance though.

I like your guys' chances against Detroit personally, and obviously I'm as unbiased as they get. It'll pretty much come down to whether Kiprusoff + Iginla + hardwork can solve the incredible talent and experience of Detroit.

As a die-hard hockey fan I at *least* have the consolation of Montreal going on to Round 2. Being from there I grew up as a Habs fan, but obviously have adopted Van as my home team being out here for the past 22 years. Still a lot of good hockey left, just a shame it's not from my number one team =(

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Walsh Click here to Send Sean Walsh a Private Message Add Sean Walsh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Godsound
tranceaddict

j_spot, this injuries are gonna hurt the flames.
I really wonder how the Flames will play in this series... I mean the Canucks put up 1 hell of a fight, but the Flames are tired and most are injured.

Speaking of round 2, when do tickets go on sale?
I hope getting tickets for this series will be as easy as getting tickets for series 1 (for me) haha

Vancouver, great series and great thread! Hopefully this will happen again 1 year from now. It was the best series I've seen in the longest time!
It's great to cheer for Calgary instead of Edmonton and Vancouver for once.

Damnit now I cant study.... ahh well study time well wasted!

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Godsound Click here to Send Godsound a Private Message Add Godsound to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Thierry
Jennifer Rene Addict

Just because I have a lot of hatred towards Vancouver, especially after this series (man, did it seem like they became Toronto West), I have to post this. Good job by the Canuckleheads on this board on predictions. Canucks in 5-7, Dallas to crush my Colorado in 5-7, great stuff Gotta give credit where it's due though, Games 6 and 7 were amazing by both teams. Tonight's game should not have gone into OT though. The minute that jersey was thrown onto the ice, the play shoulda been dead and the faceoff woulda ate up all the leftover time... whatev. The better and proper team won

This is the best bracket in the West that could have happened. Better matchups this way. Who woulda have wanted to see San Jose waste Vancouver and then the 2 best teams in the West go at each other in the second round?

All we need now is the Sens to rout the Leafs. HERE WE GO WITH ROUND 2!!!

Cheers all, I'm sure I'll be getting a few hate replies from VanCity ppl, but it's all good. You're out of the playoffs so you gotta do something to keep busy

Terry

P.S. I called both Habs and Flames in 7 before the playoffs... oh yeah!

February 15-16: FREQUENCY 2014 at Shaw Conference Centre

Boodang Music Canada
Boodang Music Canada Facebook Group

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Thierry Click here to Send Thierry a Private Message Add Thierry to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChadVanDyk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by j_spot
so now my question..close this thread and ask for it to be moved to 'classics section' OR
leave it open, and rename it the Flames playoff thread?

and the next question

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO
a.STUDY
b.GO TO SLEEP NOW!

As the creator of this thread, my vote goes to putting it in the "classics section". In respect to the input of the Vancouver fans and the intelligent debate and rivalry created here within, it wouldn't be right to continue it on as the Flames Playoff Thread. So go on somebody and create us a new thread.

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChadVanDyk Click here to Send ChadVanDyk a Private Message Add ChadVanDyk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
j_spot
retired

I compiled everybody from the first 6 pages of this thread(until the start of game 1)
and the predictions from best to worst are as follows

KeemoDavala F7
Godsound F7
CraveTheRave F7-6

ChadVanDyk F6
FattyFats F6
Thracky F5
InfiniteSquare F
j_spot F

WarezGuy C7
Carona C6-7
SeanWalsh C6
Dj Commisad C6
rayray C6
Jesten C6
Yarkik C6
Mainerski C5-6
g money C5
Miss Lizzie C5
and the WORST prediction was

Mike Fassey C4

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:41 
kypez
.:LikWit Addict:.

quote:
Originally posted by j_spot
I compiled everybody from the first 6 pages of this thread(until the start of game 1)
and the predictions from best to worst are as follows

KeemoDavala F7
Godsound F7
CraveTheRave F7-6

ChadVanDyk F6
FattyFats F6
Thracky F5
InfiniteSquare F
j_spot F

WarezGuy C7
Carona C6-7
SeanWalsh C6
Dj Commisad C6
rayray C6
Jesten C6
Yarkik C6
Mainerski C5-6
g money C5
Miss Lizzie C5
and the WORST prediction was

Mike Fassey C4

who really gives a fuck about statistics.. I was just driving aroudn with some friends... The spirit is insane... GO FLAMES GO

FUCK THE CANUCKS

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kypez Click here to Send kypez a Private Message Add kypez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sean Walsh
JAGERMAESTRO

quote:
Originally posted by CraveTheRave Cheers all, I'm sure I'll be getting a few hate replies from VanCity ppl, but it's all good. You're out of the playoffs so you gotta do something to keep busy

Nah, I couldn't really care any less about the opinion or comments of someone who
quote:
said way before that I [he] really stopped watching hockey after Roy retired.

Old Post Apr-20-2004 06:54  Canada
Godsound
tranceaddict

Why disrespect the Canucks and their fans?
well ok... maybe disrespect the idiots who beat up the Calgary fans at Game 1... and the idiot who threw the shirt onto the ice that almost cost the Flames the game, but other then that, everyone was great.

To the Calgary fans, why rub it in?
No point in that, the series was fantastic and great. This is 1 to remember and if Calgary can make the playoffs year after year, the rivalry will definitly be spicy

and its nice to see j_spot cheering for Calgary even though you're living in T.O now.
Thats a true Flames fan.

Old Post Apr-20-2004 07:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Godsound Click here to Send Godsound a Private Message Add Godsound to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Western Canada NHL Playoffs Thread - Flames vs. Canucks
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (28): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDeep Breaks [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRay Clarke - "Electronic (Part 2)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread