Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
eliosandra
tranceaddict in training

Sorry everyone. Hate to burst the bubble here, but I see potential dangers here. Cancer can be prevented and even reversed, but not "cured". Now we are being convinced to donate our computers to the fraud of the cancer industry.

There will never be a "cure" for cancer or anything else for that matter. An increasingly toxic and contaminated environment is causing more incidence of cancer than ever before. Ditto for other diseases. We are no closer to findng a "cure" for anything. Until we stop making our environment carcenogenic, cancer incidence will continue to grow.

Rampant chemicalization is the cause. We are trying to use it as the "cure" at the same time. The wonders of scientific medicine.

The cancer industry is thriving as numbers increase, everyone knows someone who has/had it and they are selling "chemetherapy" (as in "chemical-therapy") drugs which are almost 100% ineffective - but very profitable. Donations are pouring in, and fundraising gets more and more creative. Now we are donating use of our PCs.

As an old guy (32 yrs.), a Social Science major, and a sociology instructor, I have been studying health, wellness and the "business of disease" for years now.

Some good links for more insights:
www.ralphmoss.com
Dr. Schultze

I hope people start to realize that the Drug/Medical Industry tycoons are as bad if not worse than politicians. Especially you younger (echo) generation guys. Don't believe the hype of scientific medicine. It is more hopeless now than when my grandfather died of cancer in 1984.

Learn to cleanse, detoxify, and understand your food and what your body needs. Take resposibility for your own health. Start now. Western medicine sure won't take care of you.

EL

Old Post Aug-30-2003 23:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for eliosandra Click here to Send eliosandra a Private Message Visit eliosandra's homepage! Add eliosandra to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
NYCTrancefan
Destination Everywhere!

Cancer is indeed mostly found in the richer nations primarily, I am originally from South America and few people I ever heard of having any form of cancer, of course there are other diseases to worry about that wouldn't touch you in Europe or America. With cig smoking being marketed strongly outside of Western Europe and America many poorer countries are going to see an increase in cancer, as if they needed that. Any disease can be cured eventually problem is there are too many forms of cancer, you name it and you can get it, taking into account many factors

Current fav. Global Experience = Madras

Old Post Aug-31-2003 20:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for NYCTrancefan Click here to Send NYCTrancefan a Private Message Visit NYCTrancefan's homepage! Add NYCTrancefan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

quote:
Originally posted by eliosandra
Sorry everyone. Hate to burst the bubble here, but I see potential dangers here. Cancer can be prevented and even reversed, but not "cured". Now we are being convinced to donate our computers to the fraud of the cancer industry.

You do have some valid points there, but my view is donating my cpu's time is doing something thats better than doing nouthing.

The main alternative for what i could donate my cpu time to is the SETI@home project which searchs for the other friends we have in the universe, personalyl i belive this is useless as we may be able to find evidence of life out there, but as we dont have the technology to travel large distances in a relativley short period of time, is there much point?

and also the program is a good test to stress the system, i mean my systems always at 100% load and always stable, so i know ive done a good job in puting it together and overclocking it

Beware of killer hamsters and the random running dogs.

Old Post Aug-31-2003 21:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eliosandra
tranceaddict in training

quote:

You do have some valid points there, but my view is donating my cpu's time is doing something thats better than doing nouthing.

I didn't mention any of the potential dangers but one for sure is that drug companies now get a foot in the door of your virtual mind (computer). Whether it is 2 months or 2 years from now, it is too big an accessibility ot ignore. Just a matter of time before it is abused.

Also, doing nothing is not the only other option and of course the easiest option is seldom the best.

EL

Old Post Aug-31-2003 22:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for eliosandra Click here to Send eliosandra a Private Message Visit eliosandra's homepage! Add eliosandra to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

quote:
Originally posted by eliosandra
Also, doing nothing is not the only other option and of course the easiest option is seldom the best.

so true...

for me i like United Devices as a) it stresses my system (i could run a program that works out prime numbers, but the super computers all ready have worked them out to 1,0000000000000000000000 digits) and b) my own experience with both grandfathers suffering from cancer

Old Post Sep-01-2003 00:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yan
fauxhawk

Just joined ^^

Old Post Sep-07-2003 22:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Yan Click here to Send Yan a Private Message Add Yan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

welcome to the team.

Old Post Sep-09-2003 16:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ResonantDrag
BeanAddict

i'm on, el kapitan

Old Post Sep-13-2003 19:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ResonantDrag Click here to Send ResonantDrag a Private Message Add ResonantDrag to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drgoodvibe
skoun'drl

i did this for the SETI project years ago...

joined the TA Grid team! =]

Old Post Sep-15-2003 16:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for drgoodvibe Click here to Send drgoodvibe a Private Message Visit drgoodvibe's homepage! Add drgoodvibe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mr. poopyhead
pho king guy...

since the UD prog makes the cpu run 100% all the time, is there a risk of damaging it from overheating? i have a p3 1 GHz, and its running at 69 deg. celsius right now with the UD thing runnung... is this a bad temp for the processor? my computer is on 24/7 and usually its running this thing...

Old Post Sep-30-2003 06:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mr. poopyhead Click here to Send mr. poopyhead a Private Message Visit mr. poopyhead's homepage! Add mr. poopyhead to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

I think the p3 had a limit or 85C, 69C is high, I would say if your not experiencing any crashes/reboots then theres nowt serious to worry about.

chances are the fans within the case could well be cloged up with dust etc. if you feal you can, get a can of air (aka air duster) (you can get it from photography and some electronics stores) this will allow you to "blow" any dust in the heatsink and fans out of the way and could help with cooling.

Old Post Sep-30-2003 08:09 
mr. poopyhead
pho king guy...

quote:
Originally posted by jon
I think the p3 had a limit or 85C, 69C is high, I would say if your not experiencing any crashes/reboots then theres nowt serious to worry about.

chances are the fans within the case could well be cloged up with dust etc. if you feal you can, get a can of air (aka air duster) (you can get it from photography and some electronics stores) this will allow you to "blow" any dust in the heatsink and fans out of the way and could help with cooling.

its never crashed... its just that when the cpu is idle, its at about 30 deg... and when its working hard (like when UD is running) it jumps to 69 or 70 deg.... i looked up the specs on the intel site, and the max operation temp is somewhere between 70 and 75 or something... i thought 69 was pushing it and didn't want any damage.... but yeah... thanks for the tip.

Old Post Sep-30-2003 15:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mr. poopyhead Click here to Send mr. poopyhead a Private Message Visit mr. poopyhead's homepage! Add mr. poopyhead to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp! ID THIS PLEASE :D This Tune Is Neat! I bet you've heard this before... [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdj digress - follow up [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread