Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread
Pages (43): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

The FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread

Are Trance-M and I the only ones excited about it? Will Germany thrash Brazil again? Will Messi and Ronaldo remain trophyless?

As for me, Brazil have improved so much since the last World Cup I actually have a shot against France in the finals, although I suspect we may have an all-European semis like in 2006. You?

Old Post Jun-17-2018 01:43  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Fuckin' France...

Old Post Jun-17-2018 01:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

I have France and Argentina in the final with Messi finally winning it. Third place for Brazil and 4th for Germany.

Old Post Jun-17-2018 02:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Fuckin' France...

I was wondering if you'd be conflicted watching the game, but I guess your allegiance is clear, hehe.
quote:
Originally posted by sensorium
I have France and Argentina in the final with Messi finally winning it. Third place for Brazil and 4th for Germany.

I was actually looking forward to having a 50/50 South American-European combination in the semis as in Brazil, but Argentina tying with Iceland has me worried.

I'd really look forward to seeing Mexico hold Germany back a bit or Colombia stun everyone in Group H so it doesn't become an all-European tournament.

Old Post Jun-17-2018 02:27  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've only seen 45 minutes in a cafe in Barcelona so far, but on that evidence I can safely say that France will not win anything. They looked a thousand miles from a proper team. I haven't seen any of the other games, but my impression is that we're yet to see a genuinely fluid team that looks like a potential winner. Over to you, Germany and Brazil.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-17-2018 02:53  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

i have only been able to watch one game so far croatia vs nigeria, and the game was mad dissapointing, nigeria folded up !! and i was ready to buy their kit jersey as well...

apparently that spain-portugal game was really good, wish i caught that.

Old Post Jun-17-2018 02:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

Brazil are out for redemption this world cup if Neymar hits form they could win it, as much as people sh*t on Messi and Argentina they did make the final last time and only lost against a rampant German team in extra time...

Old Post Jun-17-2018 03:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

I've seen a few cars with some nationalist ornaments that one time.

Old Post Jun-17-2018 03:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I was actually looking forward to having a 50/50 South American-European combination in the semis as in Brazil, but Argentina tying with Iceland has me worried.

I'd really look forward to seeing Mexico hold Germany back a bit or Colombia stun everyone in Group H so it doesn't become an all-European tournament.

I know tons of people were expecting for Argentina to come out and destroy Iceland. Even more with what C. Ronaldo did yesterday against Spain. But that's just not realistic. Iceland has grown a lot. I have them making it to the second round.

They did a great job in the Euro and the qualifying for this cup. They have grown significantly in just a few years and are not afraid of established teams like England, Argentina, etc. They are in the world cup and the Netherlands is not. Think about it. In a way, they took the spot of the team that massacred Spain four years ago.

Iceland tied with Portugal in the Euro as well.

As for Argentina, they always have a difficult time with Nigeria. But I'm guessing Messi will have a better performance next game. Nothing to be concerned about, yet.

I haven't been surprised by any results yet. Well, except for Peru. I was expecting them to win.

Brazil has not made any important changes since the last world cup. They will make an impact but I don't think they can go all the way.

Old Post Jun-17-2018 03:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Over to you, Germany and Brazil.

It's Germany that I'm uneasy about. France is still wobbly, I know, but bear with me.

I'm quite confident about Brazil because the post-Tite squad breezed through the qualification stage - the only defeat was against Chile in 2015, and that was back when Dunga was the coach. So I agree with you here.

As for Germany, well, FiveThirtyEight puts Germany as the third most likely team to win the cup. But, while Spain (team #2) had to face Italy in the qualification stage, and Brazil (team #1) is in South America, Germany beat Norther Ireland and Czechia - hardly the strongest group. And they lost to France on Euro 2016, which, unlike Argentina, trounced poor tiny Iceland. So I'm focusing on team #4.

Besides, it's been 56 years since a team won two World Cups back to back. We almost did it again in 1998, but then who did we lose to? My point, exactly
quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
i was ready to buy their kit jersey as well

Not sure how it is in the US, but you have to be very lucky to even consider copping one... Shame they played with their away jersey, which isn't nearly as stylish as the home one.

My favourites are South Korea's, England's and Brazil's away jerseys, and I was seriously considering getting them... but I've already got way too many to begin with. Oh, and the US home jersey is straight fire too. Shame they ain't going anywhere this year
quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
apparently that spain-portugal game was really good, wish i caught that.

It was glorious! It was such an emotional roller-coaster: every time it seemed Portugal would win, Spain scored an equaliser... Until, that is, Spain had the lead and it looked like they'd keep it. The rest is history, of course.

Old Post Jun-17-2018 04:01  Brazil
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
I know tons of people were expecting for Argentina to come out and destroy Iceland.

I wasn't expecting a merciless thrashing, like Russia against Saudi Arabia, but I'd have imagined Argentina would manage to outscore them by a goal (or two)... Although Argentina did struggle momentarily during the qualification stage.
quote:
I have them making it to the second round.

With Argentina or with Croatia? Because Croatia is now the leader of the group, and Argentina crashing and burning in the group stage would be... unexpected.
quote:
Brazil has not made any important changes since the last world cup.

What would the important changes be? From changing the coach to having just 4 players from the 7-1 debacle on the roster, a lot has changed

Old Post Jun-17-2018 04:09  Brazil
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm hoping Argentina come out as leader.

Brazil is still a young team. I don't see Neymar or Marcelo or Thiago leading this team into a championship.

Old Post Jun-17-2018 04:49  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The FIFA 2018 World Cup Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (43): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhich artist and track is this? [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOSTR - ABC [2014]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread