Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

Ah fuck it I've just paid a deposit on a DSI Rev 2 - see how it goes. About a 2 month wait.

Liking the old school left to right hands on flow, lets hope it sound fat.

I know its based on the Prophet 08 but there are all kinds of updates and some demo sounds seem pretty 'phat'to a perma-noob like me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bVn8PR4FlU

Old Post Mar-16-2017 12:48  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

If your Leipzig is too limited, pure analogue tone probably ain't what you're looking for then. That's a good one for that.

Matrixbrute might be what you're after, but I definitely wouldn't put money into something that complicated from Arturia until the bugs have been ironed out. Their QC is fucking appalling.

What about a Sub37? I kinda bore of the modern Moog tone, but it has plenty of synthesis options, or an old Voyager?

I wouldn't worry about where Behringer have put their man hours, that's one of the few companies out there that have the resources and will to actually get something like that right.

There's also stuff like the Modal 001. Doesn't float my boat, but it might be just what you're looking for.

Oh, and of course the Analog 4

Old Post Mar-16-2017 12:51  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks for the 'advices', but I've put a deposit of 10% on the Rev2 and am gonna stick with it. Liking the look of the flow, the effects and so on, think it could be what I'm missing.

I agree about the Arturia, I bet that thing will have more bugs than a mangy dog.

I've never owned anything DS before, kinda like the thought of all that heritage and his hands on approach - I could never imagine a Jap MD being so intimately involved with for example Roland kit.

Time will tell.

Should be with my end of April.........

Glad you talked me out of the Pro 2

BTW - HAVE YOU SEEN THIS KID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiV7lzYuM8I

But he wants about £3k for it, mmmmmmmm I don't know about that

Old Post Mar-16-2017 13:43  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm pretty sure that will be more than £3k.

Old Post Mar-16-2017 14:02  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I'm pretty sure that will be more than £3k.

if it ever sees the light of day, sounds fantastic though

Rich the rev 2 will sound like the Prophet 08, personally i dont like the sound of that filter but plenty do - loads of demos on youtube to listen to

Matrixbrute is mono i think so that rules that out if you want a Poly

Personally im going to wait and see what happens in the next 6-12 months poly wise - have listened to loads of System 8 demos but not sure on the sound, the sound always comes first for me, you can have a shit ton of features but if you dont like the sound youll never use it IME

i think there are more Polys to come, we are just seeing the start of it

Old Post Mar-16-2017 17:35  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
if it ever sees the light of day, sounds fantastic though

I think he might struggle to find a distributor at that price, but who knows. I think it looks fucking awful too. It wouldn't usually bother me, but it's like a 10 year old designed it.....

But, there's a lot of stuff coming from Behringer too by the look of it. Rumour has it they're resurrecting the CEM filters that were found in some revisions of the Prophets and old OB's, and they already have the oscillator chips.

TOO MUCH STUFFZ

*You picked up the Erebus yet by the way?!?!

Old Post Mar-16-2017 18:31  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
I think he might struggle to find a distributor at that price, but who knows. I think it looks fucking awful too. It wouldn't usually bother me, but it's like a 10 year old designed it.....

But, there's a lot of stuff coming from Behringer too by the look of it. Rumour has it they're resurrecting the CEM filters that were found in some revisions of the Prophets and old OB's, and they already have the oscillator chips.

TOO MUCH STUFFZ

*You picked up the Erebus yet by the way?!?!

picking it up in a little while!

Old Post Mar-16-2017 18:48  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Dizzy
Guaranteed Fresh...

quote:
If your Leipzig is too limited, pure analogue tone probably ain't what you're looking for then. That's a good one for that.

Matrixbrute might be what you're after, but I definitely wouldn't put money into something that complicated from Arturia until the bugs have been ironed out. Their QC is fucking appalling.

What about a Sub37? I kinda bore of the modern Moog tone, but it has plenty of synthesis options, or an old Voyager?

I wouldn't worry about where Behringer have put their man hours, that's one of the few companies out there that have the resources and will to actually get something like that right.

There's also stuff like the Modal 001. Doesn't float my boat, but it might be just what you're looking for.

Oh, and of course the Analog 4

Yeah I agree about Arturia's lack of QA. I haven't seen a Matrixbrute anywhere yet but it's versatility, it sounds very capable and I like it's character. I really don't like the way it looks at all but we're here for the sound, not the looks. Arturia's bad track record of poor build quality and reports of it seeming "cheaply built" by owners make it a definite "no" for me. That and while it has a lot of modulation, it doesn't really fill any niche either bc we have so many amazing analog mono synths to choose from in recent years, that it's mod matrix doesn't save it and no feature makes up for poor build quality. I'd rather take an Analog 4 over a Matrixbrute.

I could see where someone would get tired of the modern Moog Phatty sound, the Sub37 is just jaw dropping though imo. Whenever I play it back-to-back with other synths (analog or digital) at the store, the sound of the Sub37 stands out. I'm a Sub Phatty owner and I hear a lot of new tones with the Sub37, that's all bc of its additional features and not the oscillators or filter though. Regardless you can definitely take the Sub37 to new territory that the other Phattys can't go.

I haven't looked at used Voyager prices but I'd think you can probably land one for a pretty good price.

Soundcloud | YouTube

Old Post Mar-16-2017 23:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Dizzy Click here to Send Dj Dizzy a Private Message Visit Dj Dizzy's homepage! Add Dj Dizzy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone using this?

Or could you suggest a cheaper alternative that similarly glues and loudens the master without killing it?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/...tigo_vsc-2.html

Old Post Mar-17-2017 14:52  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
Anyone using this?

Or could you suggest a cheaper alternative that similarly glues and loudens the master without killing it?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/...tigo_vsc-2.html

not used myself - those things are usually a tradeoff between sound quality and loudness (you probably know what side of the fence im on there)... if its just glue you want maybe just try a buss compressor like.. The Glue

often heard the Sonnox oxford stuff was quite good for that kind of maximising/limiting stuff whilst retaining sound quality (again i havent used)

Old Post Mar-17-2017 17:59  Ireland
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

this synth cannot be ignored

Old Post Mar-25-2017 00:48  Ireland
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Just announced today, Waldorf Quantum.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Apr-04-2017 22:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackneed an ID for this track..trance..cut from Above & Beyond show [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackk90 - "Breathe" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread