Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > DIVA v1.1
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Julz
Supreme tranceaddict

DIVA v1.1

Just a heads up that Diva has been updated.
Very nice multi thread support, Divine mode no longer causes CPU spikes.

http://www.u-he.com/cms/diva

Old Post May-17-2012 20:04  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for Julz Click here to Send Julz a Private Message Add Julz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

wut you fink of dis synth?

Old Post May-17-2012 21:19  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
wut you fink of dis synth?

I think it's a great synth, but not the end-all that the fanboys will have you thinking that it is. The hype over this synth over on KVR and, to a lesser extent, gearslutz is ridiculously over the top. No matter how much they throw the word "analogue" around, it's still a digital software synthesizer. It sounds great for an analogue emulation, but, even with the 1.1 update, many patches will bring an i7 to its knees. It's a fairly niche synth, but it's looking like it will get some improvements, including an arpeggiator, in some upcoming updates, which should make it more flexible and probably better suited for EDM (to many a fanboy's ire, to be sure).

Bottom line for me is that it doesn't come close to Zebra as being a "desert island" synth. YMMV. But, if you've never owned an analogue synth and want to feel like you can hang with the smug, condescending analogue crowd, just add Diva.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Last edited by cryophonik on May-17-2012 at 21:47

Old Post May-17-2012 21:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
I think it's a great synth, but not the end-all that the fanboys will have you thinking that it is. The hype over this synth over on KVR and, to a lesser extent, gearslutz is ridiculously over the top. No matter how much they throw the word "analogue" around, it's still a digital software synthesizer. It sounds great for an analogue emulation, but, even with the 1.1 update, many patches will bring an i7 to its knees. It's a fairly niche synth, but it's looking like it will get some improvements, including an arpeggiator, in some upcoming updates, which should make it more flexible and probably better suited for EDM (to many a fanboy's ire, to be sure).

Bottom line for me is that it doesn't come close to Zebra as being a "desert island" synth. YMMV. But, if you've never owned an analogue synth and want to feel like you can hang with the smug, condescending analogue crowd, just add Diva.

I'll go along with this.

I do think it's better than anything else at the analogue emulation thing, and does sound very good indeed. I'm not sure if it matters though, especially not in a mix. As a nerds toy or something to replace a few bits of old analogue gear it's brilliant.

Totally unusable on my PC though.

Old Post May-17-2012 22:53  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I'm not sure if it matters though, especially not in a mix.

That's a point that needs to be highlighted IMO. In the two tracks that I've been using it in, I've found that I've had to EQ so much out of Diva that, by the time I'm done, it sounds like,....well, any other synth. I think it's probably better suited for sparse mixes where it can take up as much room as necessary.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post May-17-2012 23:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJRAMM
Suspended User

Diva < Zebra

Old Post May-18-2012 05:21  Turkey
Click Here to See the Profile for DJRAMM Click here to Send DJRAMM a Private Message Add DJRAMM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Julz
Supreme tranceaddict

Yea its not the easiest to fit into a mix.
I really didnt use this synth that much due to CPU spikes, but this new feature has made a big difference.

Cryo is right, you tend to have to eq all the goodness out of a sound.

Dive really reminds me of Gforce Minimonsta with a much brighter sound.

Old Post May-18-2012 07:34  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for Julz Click here to Send Julz a Private Message Add Julz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

My diva license is for sale PM me if interested...

Old Post May-18-2012 07:37  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Julz
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Totally unusable on my PC though.

How come?

Old Post May-18-2012 07:46  Slovakia
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

I really like this synth. I don't own or intend to buy any proper analogue stuff, unless to build a modular one day, but if I'm after that classic analogue kind of sound I go for Diva, sounds quite like no other soft synth and I find it pretty inspiring to play with.
You'd rather have a nice rich, thick sound to work with than a flimsy, thin lifeless one, right?

Old Post May-18-2012 08:13  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Julz
How come?

I'm still using an old Q9400 quadcore and it doesn't take much Diva to crush it. Even with the update a two handed chord in Divine mode can max out the CPU.

Old Post May-18-2012 09:11  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Its the best soft-synth ive ever tried, well worth checking out

Old Post May-18-2012 11:44  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > DIVA v1.1
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIvan Smagghe - Live at Zenzero (Bari Italy) 24-11-07...Looking for Track ID [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlastic Boy - "Live Another Life" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread