Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Small history of Trance
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

hhehee i said it before and i'll say it again...

there is a lot of good info there, but its totally biased to the pvd fan...they make it seem like pvd practically invented trance. its good info, but there is a lot still missing...

also...there is no track called Cygnus X - Agent Orange

i've got the 2x12" of hypermetrical sitting in front of me and i don't see any track called agent orange

Last edited by Floorfiller on Jun-08-2004 at 15:28

Old Post Jun-08-2004 15:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TiksA
Supreme tranceaddict

Where is Oakenfold and Tiesto ? Oakey did most of the work in the late 90s and then Tiesto took over. Rest is shit!

Old Post Jun-09-2004 00:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for TiksA Click here to Send TiksA a Private Message Add TiksA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by TiksA
Where is Oakenfold and Tiesto ? Oakey did most of the work in the late 90s and then Tiesto took over. Rest is shit!

Old Post Jun-09-2004 06:17  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WhooCares
spaghett

AWESOME....this couldve been WAY better...but good job. By the way...where is Dj Sammy ....

please know im kidding....

My Soundcloud

Old Post Jun-09-2004 07:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for WhooCares Click here to Send WhooCares a Private Message Add WhooCares to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R.j.
Di piú! di piú! di piú!

quote:
Originally posted by TranzAddict
AWESOME....man this is very informative..i like...indeed...surely this has to be a sticky..

yes i agree

Mixed Genre Mixes [50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s]:
MGM 6 /
MGM 5 / MGM 4 /
MGM 3 / MGM 2 / MGM 1

Electronic Dance Music Mixes:
EDM 7

Old Post Jun-09-2004 07:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R.j. Click here to Send R.j. a Private Message Add R.j. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dancecritic
tranceaddict

Great post , but I have a question.

Wasn't PVD playing at the Millenium Dome on the NYE Y2K ?

Old Post Jun-09-2004 13:11  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Dancecritic Click here to Send Dancecritic a Private Message Visit Dancecritic's homepage! Add Dancecritic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
digitalbreach
the sky is falling

quote:
Originally posted by Floorfiller
hhehee i said it before and i'll say it again...

there is a lot of good info there, but its totally biased to the pvd fan...they make it seem like pvd practically invented trance.

yeah I drew that same conclusion after reading it. Oakenfold played a bigger role in the "Sacred years"

You ain't no daisy, no daisy at all

Old Post Jun-09-2004 18:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for digitalbreach Click here to Send digitalbreach a Private Message Add digitalbreach to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spec
Suspended User

Bump cause I love this thread.

Old Post Jul-14-2004 06:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for spec Click here to Send spec a Private Message Visit spec's homepage! Add spec to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoginZ
Veteran in training

quote:
Originally posted by digitalbreach
yeah I drew that same conclusion after reading it. Oakenfold played a bigger role in the "Sacred years"

I guess that right, Oakie deserves a better role into the promotion of the sacred years.

And this thread also requests a whole update.

It took me 48h to make the first one (yep, it took quite a long time to translate it in english... )

So, if i sum up all the requests :

- Give the real rank for oakie into the building of trance nation => OK

- Talking about the magikal series => Why not ? but Tiesto was pretty much nothing into international trance nation before (and believe me, i love this guy ) Tiesto @ la rocca in 2001 or The greatest set ever Tiesto @ Heineken Hall 02/2002. Of course, TIC must be involved in this update, as me and my fellow EU TA went there and it was amazing and unique.

So, since the end of 2001, we have seen the rise of prog', with the GU Cds and sessions leading the place and Renaissance ones.

And then Tiesto has smashed up the dancefloor whith the greatest uplifting trance ever in 2002.

In my opinion, what the most remarquable, nowawadays, is the great growing of new producers, L-vee is just blowing the scene, (King of clubs - revelation (airwave mix) (give a try into tiesto set of dancevalley 2001, this tune is pitched as it should be, just amazing), Above and Beyond, may we remember that their mix of the original tune "what it feels like for a girl" was broadcast as the official one by the decision of madonna... the clip over mtv goes with the A&B mix.

Another one Dj who has land on the trance nation is AvB...

Always perfect, ASOT rules, However, who would contest that ASOT would be the easy listening of trance ? Heavy, but commercial tunes... Some uniques emotions are missing, but the are great anyway.

Later on, can't we miss the creation of the armada label ?

what about Markus Schulz ? This guy, is awesome by his essential selection, for me, it's just keeping the place of Pete Tong to make us discover what's revelant to the scene.

Also, can't we regret that M.I.K.E isn't anymore a leader into the scene, his great moments seem gone....

What about G&D, the ones who lead trance to Pop-Trance...

Motorcycle has defined a new standard in the industry, the way to mix pop and trance, some are crying, some are just mesmerized by this kind of sound...

and when some oldschool uplifters are desperated by the sound of the new tiesto album, way far from "in my memory", i guess the scene has changed for the greater good. Hard trance is dead (wow, i gonna suffer some killer instincts for this sentence, but it's true), uplifting is good for liveset.

For cd records, it goes more pop, more listenable in a cosy living room, speaking with friends with a good atmosphere, no chillout, just the great atmosphere from the "magikal sessions" in an album.

What more to say ?

i would add, that before the scene was coming from holland, UK and Germany (Israel for GOA.

Now, there is a great rising, a great new conquest, Turkish is here with Yunus Gunuven, Sweden is here with Ozgur Can, U.S is here with Markus Schulz, Russia is here with Vadim Zhukov...

No need to speak about james Holden who's rocking the place... I've seen this guy for real as the Official resident DJ @ Kremlin... Please god gives me 5% of his talent

To sum up, the good point is the scene is growing, in Europe (arghh, except France) the trance nation is done, Germany, Holland, UK, Sweden, Switzerland... Spain...) and in America, (Canada (Aria), west coast LA (Spundade, Giant), Miami, (Space, WMF))

Well that's my opinion, of course.

I want to integrate any good informations into this update, so you're welcome to light on my speech if i'm wrong or missing a real talent....

i gonna update tunes links for educationnal purpose of course

Any great tunes to mention are welcome, let me know.

Cya'

LoginZ

Old Post Jul-24-2004 04:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for LoginZ Click here to Send LoginZ a Private Message Add LoginZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TigerClaw
GDJB Staff

Interesting info, But it left off a few things, First off, Trance started out in 1992, Not 1993 as the info says, Plus, It skipped a year, 1993 was to be the year that AcidTrance came onto the scene via the group HardFloor, There track, Ascperience 1, Became an acidtrance classic, And its still good to this day.

MarkusSchulz.com Party107.com 160k 32k

Old Post Jul-24-2004 05:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TigerClaw Click here to Send TigerClaw a Private Message Add TigerClaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Torley Wong
Torley Wong sings a song!

Always good to read something like this.

But of course, wait... there's MORE! ho ho ho.

Seriously -- before "trance" came about as a style of music, there was a lot of music that was certainly trance-inducing, including the 70s epoch of . . . DUN DUN DUN

Tangerine Dream
overlord (well Edgar and friends and family, really) of the arpeggiated ostinato!

Dig up loops from their early stuff and lay it over a solid 4/4 beat and a big bassline, and you've got a nice sketch.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Old Post Jul-24-2004 06:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Torley Wong Click here to Send Torley Wong a Private Message Visit Torley Wong's homepage! Add Torley Wong to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Romain
Romeijn van den Taar

good luck LoginZ, and thanks a lot for the work already achieved

Old Post Jul-24-2004 08:21  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Romain Click here to Send Romain a Private Message Add Romain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Small history of Trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackacid track [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdj tiesto - sparkles (Transa Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread