Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
n0bben
-

Have to say this is one of the finest remixes ive heard for quite some time...

Airwave - Amber Sky (Basil O'Glue Remix)

Last edited by n0bben on Jan-01-2018 at 19:49

Old Post Jan-01-2018 15:22  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for n0bben Click here to Send n0bben a Private Message Add n0bben to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't think it;s quite fair to bash Laurent for doing more gigs and maybe distancing himself on social media.

Anyone that was involved in conversations here with him (and he used to post a lot) knows he went through some really difficult stuff with his family, and I don't blame the guy for trying to put bread on the table, especially when he's one of the few guys that's truly earned his place. It may require a bit of selling out, but he's not going to go full trance-step and EDM on us, and at least he's still rooted in the classics. Just look at the age of crowds in some of those videos; a lot of people in their 30's and even 40's, people who grew up with that music first time around. I hope he does cash in on the name he's built, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

i do think he should perform his own music but having said that it becomes a cost efficiency thing; it's bloody expensive to put on a live tour, whereas just DJing requires you to turn up with a couple of USB sticks these days. Not to mention, when it's your own tour, all the liability is on you. Have a slow gig? Oh well the club will make it back next night/week. Have a slow live gig? Suddenly you're out tens of thousands.

Old Post Jan-07-2018 20:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

I don't think anyone is bashing him. I think it's good for him he changed priorities a bit. Probably was about time he did.
Despite that it was nice for us when he was closer to his fans, I think it's okay to say that. It's just a fact.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-07-2018 21:57  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Trance-M is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I don't think it;s quite fair to bash Laurent for doing more gigs and maybe distancing himself on social media.

Anyone that was involved in conversations here with him (and he used to post a lot) knows he went through some really difficult stuff with his family, and I don't blame the guy for trying to put bread on the table, especially when he's one of the few guys that's truly earned his place. It may require a bit of selling out, but he's not going to go full trance-step and EDM on us, and at least he's still rooted in the classics. Just look at the age of crowds in some of those videos; a lot of people in their 30's and even 40's, people who grew up with that music first time around. I hope he does cash in on the name he's built, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

i do think he should perform his own music but having said that it becomes a cost efficiency thing; it's bloody expensive to put on a live tour, whereas just DJing requires you to turn up with a couple of USB sticks these days. Not to mention, when it's your own tour, all the liability is on you. Have a slow gig? Oh well the club will make it back next night/week. Have a slow live gig? Suddenly you're out tens of thousands.

Well said.

Old Post Jan-07-2018 23:11  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

On January, 19th, after 4 years the Jam & Spoon - Odyssey to Anyoona (Airwave Remix) will be released (among two others).

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-09-2018 20:22  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Trance-M is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

I really like this track. I'm so glad he's still around

Old Post Jan-10-2018 12:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

Nice to see the remix finally get released

Old Post Jan-11-2018 08:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Laurent however doesn't mention the release of this great remix at his FB page. I wonder why, as it is an awesome remix.

Edit: on the day of the release, which is today 19th January Laurent finally did mention this:

quote:
Among all the tracks of the early era of trance music, Odyssey to Anyoona is probably one of the most iconic tracks in its category for me. I personally was hunting into all record stores to get my hands on the vinyl release of this incredible “underground” version of a dance track by Jam & Spoon called “Find Me”, not knowing exactly what it was. Every time I heard it at clubs I was crying. Even Today it remains as remarkable. Mid 2012, I had the idea of remixing this track, just so that it stood the proof of time a little bit more, all I wanted was to add my touch to this beauty. No intention to release it at all. Getting that original Bulgarian voice off the original record was very painful to isolate from the rest of the elements (as I had no samples), but after lots of sweating, the rest came very quickly, in pure Airwave style of that time, as I was finishing my album Dark Lines within the same period. I never imagined that so many people today would support the release of my remix on an official record. It got plays from so many people and saw so much demand… Now, almost 6 years after, the reward is here for you my friends. My friend Jam El Mar has just released it on Markus Schulz ’s imprint, Coldharbour Recordings with a bunch of other great mixes. I hope you’re now as happy as I am!

Last edited by Trance-M on Jan-19-2018 at 16:04

Old Post Jan-16-2018 21:32  Netherlands
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

I read at the neighbors that Laurent's album has been cancelled and that almost all of his track got rejected.

Sad news, looks like he's struggling

Old Post Jan-24-2018 13:10  Netherlands
trancedanne
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
I read at the neighbors that Laurent's album has been cancelled and that almost all of his track got rejected.

Sad news, looks like he's struggling

Sounds like bullshit, what label rejected his album? JOOF, Bonzai?

Old Post Jan-24-2018 16:42  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for trancedanne Click here to Send trancedanne a Private Message Add trancedanne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

https://www.trancefix.nl/showthread...t=airwave+album

Old Post Jan-24-2018 17:41  Netherlands
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by trancedanne
Sounds like bullshit, what label rejected his album? JOOF, Bonzai?

Couldn't he just release it on his own label or bandcamp. There needs to be more consulting betweens labels and producers

Old Post Jan-26-2018 03:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackoldie from 3-4 years ago [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGolden Girls - "Kinetic" (Slacker's Kinaesthetic Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread