Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

This is a tremendous amount of faith to show in a gobshite from the YouTube comments.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-01-2017 18:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Pretty sure it's that 'Unknown Artist - Untitled' one on your list, actually.

Old Post Nov-01-2017 22:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

What would be great is if people were able to remove tracks they know for sure are not it so I have less to buy.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
This is a tremendous amount of faith to show in a gobshite from the YouTube comments.

It is haha but it's already been worth it for me I have found several belting trance tunes I never heard back then at all and it's nice to have that old school thrill of the chase back hunting down a record.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
How do you know this ever even made it to a record?

I don't, it may well have been CD (UTM - Stream was only CD as far as I can tell and he played that in the same world tour).

I am basing this hunt on some comments made in this forum from the likes of DragonsEmerald, another guy in a youtube comment and some other in this forum who said it was an amateur german producer where 20 copies were made and it was an unmarked white label.

I will start whittling down CDs if these vinyls turn up empty.

Old Post Nov-02-2017 11:36  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Pretty sure it's that 'Unknown Artist - Untitled' one on your list, actually.

Thanks for confirming finally after 18 years it is solved

Old Post Nov-02-2017 11:36  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
It is haha but it's already been worth it for me I have found several belting trance tunes I never heard back then at all and it's nice to have that old school thrill of the chase back hunting down a record.

I'm quite impressed there are only 130 trance and goa records from the entire year of 1999 that you don't recognise. Even if you don't find the track, you should make a mix out of the best tunes you discover from this exercise and call it "Searching For The Rojam".

Old Post Nov-02-2017 13:25  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm quite impressed there are only 130 trance and goa records from the entire year of 1999 that you don't recognise. Even if you don't find the track, you should make a mix out of the best tunes you discover from this exercise and call it "Searching For The Rojam".

That's with some filters (vinyl only) and spending maybe 8 seconds on each youtube video if there was one available. I find 8 seconds about enough though if the riff catches me or the percs have a groove I bought it. I have been whittling this down for almost a year now.

This list I cannot find any youtube links, any juno samples, any mp3 rips or anything else on google that gives me a clip. So buying is the only option to confirm they are or are not the track.

The mix is a great idea I will definitely do that and dust off the technics for it.

Old Post Nov-02-2017 14:14  United Kingdom
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

I feel like you're eventually going to find it, but not share it with any of us because no one chipped in, and so the mystery is going to perpetuate.

By the way, I remember seeing a thread around ten years ago that said Kenneth Thomas had tasked himself with going through Oakey's entire collection in order to find it. Does anyone know what happened with that? Did we just find him under a collapsed stack of records?

Old Post Nov-02-2017 23:36  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Salegon
Beautiful blond woman

The track is quite nice actually.

Did you try to match the songs on your list with some of those russian mp3 sources aside from youtube, juno, beatport etc.?

Old Post Nov-02-2017 23:38  St Lucia
Click Here to See the Profile for Salegon Click here to Send Salegon a Private Message Add Salegon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

Would it not be quicker and cheaper to pay someone like Activa to re-produce it, release it, then wait for the original artist to make a copyright claim? Hey presto, you've got your ID.

Old Post Nov-03-2017 00:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
This list I cannot find any youtube links, any juno samples, any mp3 rips or anything else on google that gives me a clip. So buying is the only option to confirm they are or are not the track.

For those tracks, what I suppose you could do is Facebook them via their real names as provided by Discogs and send them a link to the Rojam ID asking if it's their record. It's gonna be weird and maybe even a little creepy, but you've come this far, so you may as well just go all the way man.

quote:
Originally posted by hoopoe
Would it not be quicker and cheaper to pay someone like Activa to re-produce it, release it, then wait for the original artist to make a copyright claim? Hey presto, you've got your ID.

Oh that's genius. Let's hope Activa is willing to take a lawsuit for the team.

Old Post Nov-03-2017 00:42  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Could one make a copyright claim for an unreleased, and possibly unfinished, piece of music?

Old Post Nov-03-2017 08:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I dare say he was joking, old chap.

Old Post Nov-03-2017 11:51  England

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Paul Oakenfold - Rojam China ID list narrowed down to 130 possibles
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackprobably obvious - Kyau & Albert [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackArt of Trance - "Madagascar" (Ferry Corsten Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread